Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

same, but its with ADP (lol). and im not sure how its saving anyone money because the only way i can imagine they get the paystub images to look the way they do is if they printed them out, scanned them back in, printed out again, faxed, then scanned a third time and converted to mid-90s-era .gif

lol yeah my old company's adp poo poo looked exactly the same

id love to know the "backend business processes" going on for that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

mishaq posted:

lol yeah my old company's adp poo poo looked exactly the same

id love to know the "backend business processes" going on for that poo poo

there has to be some really rube goldberg crap going on because sometimes there are typos that i swear must be ocr errors. im picturing beige mainframes with acoustic modems and tape reels

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

there has to be some really rube goldberg crap going on because sometimes there are typos that i swear must be ocr errors. im picturing beige mainframes with acoustic modems and tape reels

at oldjob i had procurement card for buying random poo poo i needed for some projects in addition to my normal coporate amex for travel and expenses

the official expense receipt process for the procurement card was for me to fax all the receipts to some number which was just an image processor that turned all the faxes back into images on the server end

i can imagine the payroll poo poo does that between 4 other systems and then adp does that internally between several systems to get the result you see on the site

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

theflyingexecutive posted:

chase might be evil but having branches with card printing machines is v v v rad

and if they aren't nearby they will fedex overnight it.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i'm moderately impressed that trinet renders pay stubs as html and not a similarly hosed up if true ocr fax printed pdf

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i'm moderately impressed that trinet renders pay stubs as html and not a similarly hosed up if true ocr fax printed pdf

even the beast that is ADP renders them as HTML, at least from the big company paycheck stubs

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
it should be illegal for a bank to do anything non-electronically and all paper records should be non-compliant for federal regulations, gently caress your old rear end poo poo, banks.

Old rear end Shitbank would be a good username.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nice freedom there mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Bisty Q. posted:

even the beast that is ADP renders them as HTML, at least from the big company paycheck stubs

yeah when i signed up for adp i saw they had like half a dozen different check stub products. my employer must not be cool/big enough to get html, for us its like a gif or jpg and if you do the pdf option it's just that same image embedded inside :xd:

although since making my previous post I went on there and noticed the legibility has definitely improved from what I remember.

• Locked thread