Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
AD is just super competitive, and refuses to let Ray Raice be better than him, even at derailing his career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hahahahaha Goddamn the NFL is incompetent.

http://deadspin.com/audio-nfl-exec-told-adrian-peterson-he-would-get-two-g-1671157911

quote:

ABC News has obtained a recording of a phone call between NFL executive Troy Vincent and Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, which Peterson's lawyer's claim shows the league promised Peterson a two-game suspension instead of the full-season ban that was handed down and upheld under appeal on Friday.

At his appeal, Peterson claimed Vincent, the league's executive vice president of operations, had told him the NFL would consider the months he had sat out with pay while facing child-abuse charges time served. On phone call, Peterson attempted to clarify if the two games Vincent mentioned would be in addition to his time on the Commissioner's Exempt List, or concurrent with it. Vincent appeared to confirm the later.

"It will be two additional games, not time served?" Peterson asks on the Nov. 12 recording.

"No, it won't," Vincent corrects him. "The one this weekend. So really, it's just next week and you ... you're rolling. You're back."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

League is corrupted by drive for money via keeping their stars on the field, more on the hour.

I really am hoping Goodell and his crew don't survive this with their reputation or careers intact. Unfortunately I bet the fuckers have insulated themselves well enough to be untouchable. That's how this poo poo happens - some rear end in a top hat creates a structure in which accountability is optional. It isn't like people are just going to stop watching football, they didn't quit baseball when it turned out literally everyone was juicing and the league was A-OK with it for years, there's no reason to expect football to encounter anything different. That lack of accountability can be a benefit if you're in a place like STL and the thin-skinned cops try to cry about the team showing solidarity, but that's an edge case and not worth enabling and practically rewarding assholes like Rice, Peterson, Belichick, etc.

loving hell, the NFL has a lot of good practices that put it above other sports in my eyes - Salary caps and revenue sharing for example - but this poo poo is what brings it right back into the shitcan with the other leagues with their problems.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Now that the niners are out, all I have left is hoping things burn down until the draft. This is terrific.

Really hoping Hernandez can get off by January or February, maybe someone will sign Ray Rice for a playoff push and he gets another ring?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

And yet Vincent said in the appeal that he didn't make any promises to Adrian Peterson - specifically that he was only trying to help him "put this issue behind him and get back to his life, his family, and football.''

And: "Mr. Vincent testified that he never promised a two-game suspension or that the old policy would control, but rather encouraged Mr. Peterson to 'go through the process and all things will be considered,''' Henderson wrote in his decision. "He said, 'I didn't promise Adrian anything. Never promised. Adrian needed to show up. Talk.'

It takes a lot of balls to lie like that.

EDIT: Never thought I would enjoy an ESPN comment, but

quote:

Adrian Peterson should just retire and make 77$ an hour from his home computer.

Well played Internet man

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Now that the niners are out, all I have left is hoping things burn down until the draft. This is terrific.

Really hoping Hernandez can get off by January or February,

hmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Now that's what I am talking about.

• Locked thread