Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
some peopel pretend like this is some awful thing but obviously the very moment its a real and a viable thing its going to be rampant. and why not, like who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
Lol if you still have a single mind in a flesh and blood body. Enjoy your meat life, poors

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
lol at all the fukkin ubuntu and linux kids walking around out there totally unable to interface with more user-friendly models

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

"o yea my parents dual booted me"

*nobody gives a poo poo*

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

Quickscope420dad posted:

2001: A Space Odyssey. Watch it.

You mean that 161 minute classical music video?

Nice music. Pretty pictures. Sure takes a long, long time to say not very much though.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

yeah cuz the fuckin point of any piece of art is to "say something"

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I watched that movie way, way way too young. I was just annoyed watching people eat lunch for half an hour and slowly walk around a cylinder with velcro shoes. That is basically all I remember

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
" " <- Art

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

yes an accurate and incisive response concerning the indefinability and actual meaningless of the term "art"

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

as long as it doesn't cost too much to make my child gay, im fine with this

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

stay safe puberty ghost

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Soul Reaver posted:

Nice music. Pretty pictures. Sure takes a long, long time to say not very much though.

Lol if you don't realize that film communicated more than any other film in the last 100 years

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Quickscope420dad posted:

Lol if you don't realize that film communicated more than any other film in the last 100 years

you think a movie that was all style no substance was filled with meaning because geeks projected whatever they wanted over the empty characters, setting and plot

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

butplug accident posted:

you think a movie that was all style no substance was filled with meaning because geeks projected whatever they wanted over the empty characters, setting and plot

if you want to truly understand it you have to lobotomize yourself with a screwdriver during HAL's first appearance

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

MegaGatts posted:

The thing I didn't like is how the dude just try harded his inferior genes away. He was smarter, faster, and stronger than people who were literally genetically perfect. It's not like he was competing with the schlubs or lazies of the genetic supermen either. He was competing with the best of the best who trained to keep themselves in peak physical shape. his only weakness was his goofy heart problem that some how didn't impact him running a million miles a week.

I kinda got the impression that the genetic supermen weren't training to keep themselves in physical peak shape- they were genetically designed to be in shape, so they were. I've never been awake through an entire sitting of the movie though so idk.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Arven posted:

I kinda got the impression that the genetic supermen weren't training to keep themselves in physical peak shape- they were genetically designed to be in shape, so they were. I've never been awake through an entire sitting of the movie though so idk.

It's pretty vague because once you start kicking those tires it would fall apart. It's actually probably one of the better decisions they make, moviewise.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

murder all children

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Arven posted:

The gym scene where the protagonist (Ethan Hawk) has arrhythmia suggests that the supermen do at least basic maintenance for their physique. I'd have to watch it again, but if I recall correctly none of the genetically superior in Gattaca show an ounce of straining themselves in the gym. They workout like robots and I believe that was a clear decision on the director's part to emphasize the dichotomy between those born thinking they were superior and who never strived verse the untermensch who worked like a maniac. Compare the effort displayed by the individuals in the Gattaca gym scene to the scene with Ethan Hawk was upside down crunches suspended upside down from a bar while lifting a physics textbook.

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian

Quickscope420dad posted:

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian

Soul Reaver posted:

the fact that a person would type this andd potentialy even mean it is so goddamn annoying

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
name one new emotion or idea communicated in 2001 a space oddyssey

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

butplug accident posted:

Artificial intelligences have a very dry, dark, sense of humor.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

butplug accident posted:

got two words for you my friend

space baby

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

butplug accident posted: