Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

No. 6 posted:

This is more or less what I do. I just kind of wing it and sometimes throw in stuff like a couple tablespoons for sricacha and maybe some sambal olek.

1 1/4 lb ground chicken/beef/whatever
1 to 2 cups chicken stock
1 (15oz) can black beans
1 (15oz) can white cannelli beans
2 med to large poblano peppers, seeded and diced
2 med yellow onion, diced
4 - 6 chipotle peppers in adoba sauce (minced)
4 gloves garlic
2 fresh jalapenos. seeded and diced
1 serrano pepper, seeded and diced
1 1/2 tbl minced ginger root
2 tsp Cumin
1 tbl Corriander
2 tsp Smoked paprika
2 tsp Paprika
1 tbl Chili Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tbl Cocoa powder
1 tsp Salt
4 tsp Black pepper
2 tbl dijon/spicy mustard
1 tbl worshester sauce

Over medium heat, fry onion in a large pot with a couple tablespoons of oil for 5 mins
Add poblano, jalapeno, and serrano peppers and continue sautéing for 5-10 mins
Add meat and cook until no longer pink
Add chicken stock
add spices
Drain and rinse the beans and then stir into the mix

The mixture should be quite liquid to begin
Allow to cook, covered, over low heat for a couple of hours until thick

PS, don't add tomatoes you loving scrub. This poo poo ain't arrabbiata sauce.

You're a purist about tomatoes but in go the dijon mustard, cinnamon and ginger. Got it.

I also hope no one thinks I was seriously saying goulash is an italian thing. I make real porkolt/gulyas more often than I make chili or WI-style hot dish. From what I can tell, calling mixed casseroles with pasta and tomato in them goulash comes from Irish-American midwest tradition. I don't know why they called it that. I do know they probably all owned a little tiny bottle of cheap paprika that sat unused in the spice cupboard for the lifetime of the lady of the house (Hi Mom).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Myron Baloney posted:

You're a purist about tomatoes but in go the dijon mustard, cinnamon and ginger. Got it.

I also hope no one thinks I was seriously saying goulash is an italian thing. I make real porkolt/gulyas more often than I make chili or WI-style hot dish. From what I can tell, calling mixed casseroles with pasta and tomato in them goulash comes from Irish-American midwest tradition. I don't know why they called it that. I do know they probably all owned a little tiny bottle of cheap paprika that sat unused in the spice cupboard for the lifetime of the lady of the house (Hi Mom).

Better unused paprika than an enormous assortment of alum. I still don't know what that was all about.

macky2dope
Jun 11, 2012

meow haha whoa!!
:420: :420: :420: :420: :420:
dump beans on the floor and cry uncontrollabnly

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Big Beef City posted:

why the gently caress would you saute your vegetables before the meat? Use grease and browned bits from making the meat to cook the vegetables in. Also don't put garlic in 'halfway through' cooking the veg, it's an aromatic. You start with aromatics first. God. loving REPULSIVE.

it's easy to burn garlic which gives it a gross acrid taste and also the less you saute it the more garlicky it is so most people throw it in at the very end of cooking the aromatics.

• Locked thread