Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

the triceratops is my favorite cast member

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dick Spacious CPA fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

everythingWasBees posted:

I just noticed that the new cast members get added to the openings. That's absolutely lovely.

Wait, what? I thought everybody was there from the beginning.

E: Oh, you're right. Huh, cute.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You know, the whole telepathy thing hasn't really been used much. Did they forget it existed?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Probably, the only thing that reminds me is the thread title.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Poil posted:

You know, the whole telepathy thing hasn't really been used much. Did they forget it existed?

Considering he burned the power out on every reappearing character in like the second episode it was doomed to be a one-off gimmick.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Honestly I'm glad the telepathy has barely been used, would be easy to overuse that gimmick.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I felt like they were going to bring it back for the finale, like use it to manipulate some big name pop star to hold a concert at the park in order to meet the deadline. But they've let too much time pass, and Kanye seems legit worried about the visitor rate's trend, so it'd feel out of character to do it now.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
To be fair if I had the ability to read minds but it only worked once per person, I would pretty much never use it just in case there was a situation where I really needed to use it on a particular person.

malleusmalefic
Jan 1, 2014
Getting caught up on this show and it's the most I've enjoyed a KyoAni show in a while.

Tiramie and Macaron are hilarious

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Is this scheduled to run 12 episodes or 13?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

madmac posted:

Is this scheduled to run 12 episodes or 13?

I'm seeing 13.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

To be fair if I had the ability to read minds but it only worked once per person, I would pretty much never use it just in case there was a situation where I really needed to use it on a particular person.

Latest episode brings it back up when involving intense negotiations (which is exactly the perfect time to use it).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pretty sure he could have figured out 'they're more likely to go for it if I offer it free + pay for everything' without using his mind reading powers though.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Sakurazuka posted:

Pretty sure he could have figured out 'they're more likely to go for it if I offer it free + pay for everything' without using his mind reading powers though.

Probably just assurance, or maybe he was put on the spot considering Toriken completely screwed up his part.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
So selling off the southern part of the park is just make up for all the money lost by paying for the soccer game right?
Seems weird that the debt collector guy would set the target as visitors through the gates instead of profit generated when the park can do things like this and the 30 yen promotion to inflate the visitor numbers but it won't be sustainable in the long term.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

So selling off the southern part of the park is just make up for all the money lost by paying for the soccer game right?
Seems weird that the debt collector guy would set the target as visitors through the gates instead of profit generated when the park can do things like this and the 30 yen promotion to inflate the visitor numbers but it won't be sustainable in the long term.

it seems pretty obvious that he's probably the evil wizard.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe he gets it if it goes bankrupt too?

Acer Pilot posted:

it seems pretty obvious that he's probably the evil wizard.
Or that.

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 13, 2014

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

The thing is, sustainable strategies probably wouldn't have revitalized the park any time soon. The park was going to have to take losses somewhere, either in terms of capital or profit, in order to sustain itself. The question that then comes up is whether or not the park can become attractive in the longterm and show potential for future growth. Basically, if it's able to make gains with the sacrifices. For example, they couldn't have only charged zero admission and tried to host 10 soccer games to finish the deal. They had to actually improve the park.

At least, that would be some kind of business rationale for it. I'm pretty sure the guy's just a dick.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That definitely felt like a last episode, can't decide whether next weeks is more likely to be nothing but fan-service or setting stuff up for (an eventual) season 2.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess we can count on KyoAni doing one more season and then nothing more afterwards.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
In this episode, Kanye West makes a deal with the Devil.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
This week on Amagi Brilliant Park: The amazing origin story of Koyaanisqatsi.

I think I even saw a Bagger 288 in there.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That PV was pretty terrible and completely tasteless. But anything less wouldn't have been possible. :v:

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
What? What is this episode even doing here at the end of the loving show.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

.Clash posted:

Having silly irrelevant episodes after the climatic end of an anime is a tradition, that, if not done as part of the series proper, is released later as an OVA. :v:

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
That last episode should not have been part of the series proper. I liked it and thought it fit well, but that was a bad place to put it.

Wind is the best element!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

.Clash posted:

They forgot they ordered 13 slots for broadcasting.

edit: Also air is a murderer why else would she know how to use a sword.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it's brilliant

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jan 21, 2015

• Locked thread