Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Three-Phase posted:

I thought that the ransom letter was very oddly worded and tied to phrases that her mother might have used...

Did her mom love Speed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If so, then for complete lack of proof but for complete presence of Speed, kill the people who were sorta around!

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Pick posted:

Except they didn't close off the crime scene or do a thorough check, so there might have been evidence outside if they hadn't hosed it up. There was never physical evidence tying the parents to the case. The ransom letter meanwhile read like it was written by a young moron who lifted lines from action films such as Speed.

Actually the FBI concluded the note was written by an intelligent person who was not a career criminal, exactly the opposite of a young moron. But I'll agree that's not hard evidence.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Didn't the family give copies of house keys out to a few dozen people because they were always having contract work done around the place? That's what I remember hearing at some point.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Aatrek did it.

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v254H3oIAw

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Zogo posted:

Didn't the family give copies of house keys out to a few dozen people because they were always having contract work done around the place? That's what I remember hearing at some point.

Yeah, there were like 20 keys to the house given to friends and family which probably made things a lot harder for the detectives

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

remember john mark karr and everyone was like 'wow, finally the case is solved' and then he turned out to be an insane tranny

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

TOOT BOOT posted:

remember john mark karr and everyone was like 'wow, finally the case is solved' and then he turned out to be an insane tranny

wow!.exe

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?
I grew up in Colorado, it was literally the entire news for 3 years. Thank god everyone just talks about pot now.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
there are a couple documentaries on youtube. both are british-made, and both are firmly on the side of the parents.

so yeah, the British don't think these people are guilty of a crime against a child, so yeah it's probably fine.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

there are a couple documentaries on youtube. both are british-made, and both are firmly on the side of the parents.

so yeah, the British don't think these people are guilty of a crime against a child, so yeah it's probably fine.

I think i saw one of those on tv once. Maybe somebody will confess on their deathbed?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I read The Crimes That Haunt Us and that guy didn't think the parents did it but he also seemed full of poo poo.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Poor Jon Benet Ramsey. :(

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Inevitable posted:

shes dead

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Way to spoil the ending of the book, rear end in a top hat.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Inevitable posted:

her first name is actually Jonbenet

MantisToboggan
Feb 1, 2013
The murderer was obviously Aaron Kosminski.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think it's really weird when families name their children after the parent that's the opposite sex of the child. So John Ramsey's daughter is Jonbenet. Will Smith's family is also bad at this.

What I'm saying is Will Smith and Jaida Pinket Smith are probably going to murder Willow.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

TheJoker138 posted:

I think it's really weird when families name their children after the parent that's the opposite sex of the child. So John Ramsey's daughter is Jonbenet. Will Smith's family is also bad at this.

What I'm saying is Will Smith and Jaida Pinket Smith are probably going to murder Willow.

I'm amazed George Foreman's kids are all alive to be honest.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
i did it

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
The parents murdered the poo poo out of her and got away because they were WHITE AS ALL gently caress.

Case closed.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Godscock posted:

The parents murdered the poo poo out of her and got away because they were WHITE AS ALL gently caress.

Case closed.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Justin Godscock posted:

Case closed.

spoilers plz I haven't finished the book yet

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
God needed his little angel with him in heaven again, he works in mysterious ways.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

LifeSizePotato posted:

how old/hot would jbr be in 2014

She'd be 24 but her name would still be jonbenet, so awkward.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

But why?

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Neukoln19 posted:

additionally anyone capable of parading their kid around in pageants is capable of murdering the poo poo out of them

this is the most convincing argument i've heard for the parents being responsible

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

it was probably people from a small foreign faction

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dead Precedents posted:

I'm amazed George Foreman's kids are all alive to be honest.

But at least if Foreman murdered his kids, we'd know it'd be because of the years of traumatic brain injuries and he probably thought he was kneading bread dough or something instead of his kids' brains.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

arent goerge formans kids all named alejandro

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Justin Godscock posted:

Case closed.

Considering how much white people are into incest, she probably died because the others got too rough with her during a family orgy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
She had semen on her that was from an unrelated male. The parents didn't do it. It was most likely some loser they hired as a handyman.

• Locked thread