Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
That was great. Thanks, Bobbin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Yep, thanks Bobbin. It was good to both bellyache about Thief 2014 and see what the Dark Mod was like. (Because I still haven't tried it myself. :sweatdrop:)

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space
I really enjoyed the The Dark Mod videos. I remember a while back now, I played a Thief 2 mod called Shadows of the Metal Age (although now I think about it, I can't remember if I actually finished it... woops!) and I'm really glad that there are people still even now keeping Thief's spirit alive in the form of TDM, because the world honestly needs more thief. I was completely blown away that The Dark Mod even existed and (more importantly) was released and had content when that first video came out, and I'll certainly be keeping track of it from now on.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm so glad you chose Requiem to close out the LP, Bobbin. That was a magnificent map with great tension that not only rewards, but heavily encourages the kind of gameplay the Thief franchise was known for. You really get a feeling of accomplishment there at the end, and the ability to put the final nail in the coffin for Markus is very, very satisfying.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

double nine posted:

Wait, monday already? Jeesh, take a break already

Too late, video for Monday's been queued up and waiting for a week now.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Thi4f was a passable if soulless AAA title.

Requiem was just some drat good Thief.

Thank you, Bobbin, Kalon, and Random for a thoroughly enjoyable LP!

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Skippy Granola posted:

Requiem was just some drat good Thief.

Thank you, Bobbin, Kalon, and Random for a thoroughly enjoyable LP!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Skippy Granola posted:

Perhaps Th4f was the true thief title, a soulless joyless cash grab only in it for the money... some sort of modern art thing.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Thanks you, in all cases, from LPing this game. Now, I really have no desires to play it.

However, drat you all to hell because NOW I want to play the Dark Mod! And I've got plenty of games on backlog enough as it is!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I watched the Thi4f ending yesterday and I'm still not sure I understand what I saw.

So angry magic lady's hanging from a ledge which wasn't there a second ago, Garrett touches a book and makes blue smoke appear, gives angry lady The Claw, passes out and all's well.

Where did the ledge come from and why did touching the book save the day?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Clearly there is something wrong with me.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Where did the ledge come from and why did touching the book save the day?

Because doing the ritual from the beginning of the game reverses its effects? For some reason? I guess?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That's the thing, though. He doesn't so much do the ritual as just taps the book. He doesn't even open it :psyduck:

Den Store Frelser
Mar 28, 2010
Fun Shoe
Turns out this whole thing could've been avoided had the baron just tapped the book when Erin was slipping. The baron was really poo poo at rituals.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Man, Thi4f was poo poo.

Thanks for showing it off anyway.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Would you settle for a sequel map?

This is out now and is very good indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Prenton posted:

This is out now and is very good indeed.

...Maybe we can get one last hurrah?

• Locked thread