Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Beast of Bourbon posted:

while true, they can get a refund on the "no thank you" message by just forwarding it to their account manager who then credits them an additional 500 inmails for the trouble

ahahahaha how does that not get constantly abused

"hey Jim I'm running low on inmails let me offer a job"

"sure bob, hey would you like to be a banana waxing supervisor for 35k a year? no? what a shame"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

it costs money to send or receive 'inMail' on linkedin

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
thats actually rly funny im gonna start replying to everything

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

"sure bob, hey would you like to be a banana waxing supervisor for 35k a year? no? what a shame"

the people who get that level of service from linkedin pay like thousands of dollars a month for virtually unlimited inmails, it's the schlubs who pay $50/mo for a "corporate recruiter account" or whatever that gives them 10 inmails a month that can beg for some extra.

linked in sells like these super amazing recruiter tools for $1000s/month to the biggest firms

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

and here i am waxing my banana for free like a sucker!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

and here i am waxing my banana for free like a sucker!

if you make your hobby your job you'll never work a day in your life

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
they push linkedin on all the dumb kids in like every loving class here so i have all these idiot hellfuck undergrads on my linkedin from classes and labs i've ta'd and poo poo

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

6+ years ago (or whatever) when linkedin started some goons in the greyforums had a 'let's get lots of connections'. Since then I've also made lots of connections cause of things. So I'm in the 400+ connections group but more than half of the people I don't know or care about.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I sent someone an email to schedule a meeting, they didn't reply so I left them a voice mail the day after. an hour later they connected on LinkedIn.

still haven't loving gotten back to me though. but hey now I can see their resume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

~see my amazon wishlistu~
http://youtu.be/9WJlSGRA3xE?t=19s

• Locked thread