Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I like superheroes fighting supervillains and it delivers on that and I'm really excited to see the Rogues in live action.

The Flash has good powers and it's cool to see how technology has allowed live-action television to finally pull off comic book stories that were only do-able with animation until now.

Plus the guy who plays Lt. West is really good and same for the guy who plays Captain Cold and Barry is really endearing and goofy, so I can tolerate a lot of the cheesy writing and corny poo poo.

fair enough. i really loving hate superhero stuff, which is why i can stomach gotham probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I dont like the guy who plays penguin

I dont like what theyve done with the penguin

I dont really like anything about this show tbh, Will Smith's wife is kinda hot I guess, milfy

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

fair enough. i really loving hate superhero stuff, which is why i can stomach gotham probably

Flash's writing is better than Gotham's.

EDIT: Ha ha that's awesome Alfred just teaches Batman to punch people

I think I'll watch the show for Doctor Who Jr training Batman

BottledBodhisvata fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 9, 2014

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Flash's writing is better than Gotham's.

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

i really loving hate superhero stuff

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

its almost as if setting a show ten years before the interesting part of the story is a bad idea

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Phoon posted:

its almost as if setting a show ten years before the interesting part of the story is a bad idea

the "interesting" part where an invincible guy fights a bunch of other invincible guys and if somebody dies it doesn't last more than a month

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hannibal is the superior pulpy network show

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

the "interesting" part where an invincible guy fights a bunch of other invincible guys and if somebody dies it doesn't last more than a month

Batman's whole gimmick is that he's not the invincible guy though. At least not in the usual superhero "I have special powers" sense, the guy's got serious plot armor of course. They pretty much never shut up about how he's a regular guy with gadgets.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

hannibal is the superior pulpy network show

hannibal may the best TV show still on the air right now. its really loving good

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hannibal is great

mads mikkelson knocks it out the park

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
mads is also hella hot

would

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
that sneer.... mmmm

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
hannibal is an amazing show because it manages to use creepy failfag tumblr deviantart fanservice to make the show more unsettling and weird and essentially more gooder

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

why do supervillains even need corny-rear end pseudonyms?

what am I supposed to believe that harvey dent is carrying on a normal life as a massively scarred district attorney while this mysterious two-faced fella is running around terrorising poo poo? or that the joker has a family he needs to protect from violent superhero reprisals?

That Alfred clip was pretty cool though.

newbinator
Nov 14, 2014

Get your shit together, and put it in a backpack, all your shit, so it's together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere. You know? Take it to the shit store and sell it. Or put it in a shit museum, I don't care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your shit together.
i feel like this ought to be photoshopped somehow, but i don't know what to add to it....

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Moola posted:

mads is also hella hot

would

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Zazi posted:

what am I supposed to believe that harvey dent is carrying on a normal life as a massively scarred district attorney while this mysterious two-faced fella is running around terrorising poo poo? or that the joker has a family he needs to protect from violent superhero reprisals?

Catwoman sort of does the secret identity thing in some versions of the story, but I think most of the villains just gave themselves weird names because they're batshit crazy.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!

Moola posted:

mads is also hella hot

would

I think my answer is self-evident

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

On the last episode after binging all day, I've concluded that the show is bad but maybe not as bad as I thought so I guess maybe the truth is in the middle.

I can't wait until Fish dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zazi posted:

Plenty if real life notorious criminals have silly nicknames too. See: the unibomber, Johnny bananas, the Iceman, Whitey Bulger, baby face nelson, etc

• Locked thread