Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Ramengank posted:

Wait, this DLC is available from the beginning of the game? Does that mean it'll sorta kinda spoil most of the boss fights?

Yeah, the Nightmare Zone was one of the first levels I did, and as I progressed through the game I definitely recognized the boss gimmicks. There are some differences though, and the NiGHTS bosses are much easier than the real ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
You could always play Nights Wii

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dresh posted:

Yeah, the Nightmare Zone was one of the first levels I did, and as I progressed through the game I definitely recognized the boss gimmicks. There are some differences though, and the NiGHTS bosses are much easier than the real ones.

Which is saying something considering how easy the bosses in this game are. Only the Zavok one gave me trouble, but that was just because it wasn't clear what I needed to do to win.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

corn in the bible posted:

You could always play Nights Wii

I've heard it wasn't very good and I don't know how I feel about playing a bad game.

Geostomp posted:

Which is saying something considering how easy the bosses in this game are. Only the Zavok one gave me trouble, but that was just because it wasn't clear what I needed to do to win.

They are the weakest part of the game too so let's make sure to repeat 'em!

Thanks for watching everyone, if you like cute join us for Captain Toad Treasure Tracker: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698808

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Thanks for the LP. I gotta confess, I got into Sonic Lost World big time because of it, and after a lot of patience, I can't put it down.

...If only those red star rings weren't so infuriating to grab around the last few regions/zones/worlds/that.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Nightmare Zone is worth it for the music alone. That was a fun LP and painted a much better picture of the game than many reviews/impressions had in the past. Thanks for not understating the difficulty and the need to take your time and learn the controls. I feel that with those things in mind the game will go a lot more smoothly than if I sat down and played it like a traditional Sonic game.

By the way if you do try out the Saturn version of NiGHTS you may be happy to find that it has a widescreen option, yet doesn't randomly force it upon you unlike Superman 64. :cheeky:

Digital Jello posted:

Thanks for the LP. I gotta confess, I got into Sonic Lost World big time because of it, and after a lot of patience, I can't put it down.
Have a feeling it's going to be the same for me once I get my hands on the game. I had mixed feelings with Colors, but Lost World certainly seems like a step up from it.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I can't believe none of you noticed I was replaced on an episode. :(

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

Heart Thumping Field Trip
BIG PANIC?

HulkaMatt posted:

I thought you had a really weird cold or something. We love you HulkaMatt!

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

HulkaMatt posted:

Yeah if I'm remembering right Massrafter straight up calls the other dude Hulkamatt at one point so I just thought your audio was messed up somehow. :shrug:

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

HulkaMatt posted:

I tweeted at u Hulkamatt I noticed!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davinci posted:

Yeah if I'm remembering right Massrafter straight up calls the other dude Hulkamatt at one point so I just thought your audio was messed up somehow. :shrug:

The gag is very unclear, for half of it I assumed we were acting like this was always my LP partner and then halfway through I realized he wanted to literally be Hulkamatt. I think it was some sort of fetish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That was a really good Super Sonic theme, actually. Colors' was painfully short.

Looking forward to opening up my store of Captain Toad videos now.

• Locked thread