Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

sexy young infidel posted:

you literally don't know poo poo idk why there are THS threads in public, on this public paid forum. It's loving insulting

we live in an oligarghy now. its gonna be smooth. its just bush and clinton now.. shhh... just let it happen......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
only dreams now

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

we live in an oligarghy now. its gonna be smooth. its just bush and clinton now.. shhh... just let it happen......

take a seat idiot __/

personally i'm voting for ben carson :pray:

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
I'm going to :toxx: myself for warren being the democratic nominee. If she doesn't win I will eat a big oak tree leaf on camera and upload it.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

MegaGatts posted:

I'm going to :toxx: myself for warren being the democratic nominee. If she doesn't win I will eat a big oak tree leaf on camera and upload it.

I admire your dedication, but still consider you to be an idiot bitch

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im gonna get all pumped up for cory booker. gonna scream his name into my bathrrom mirror every morning until veins stand out on my neck like whipcords. gonna smash glass bottles against my face on a street corner until people agree to donate to him to make me go away.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Why do people fall for the lies that are most obvious like "i'm gonna do stuff for you"

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Said by the guy that is literally least likely ever to do anything for you

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im gonna sneak into your house at night and whisper "cory booker" into your sleeping ear

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
The idea of democratic women in a froth to vote with my dick - this is pleasing to me & i'm pretty sure I saw it advertised in the early 2000s in a theather somewhere

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

I admire your dedication, but still consider you to be an idiot bitch

Luckily you have a steady stream of retarded diarrhea spewing from you constantly so I don't give a poo poo.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im gonna spot for you at the gym and do really good verbal encouragment except for how i call you "cory" instead of your actual name

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

MegaGatts posted:

Luckily you have a steady stream of retarded diarrhea spewing from you constantly so I don't give a poo poo.

Well played *watches keenly as you vote democrat again* Yeah you're doing it

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

Well played *watches keenly as you vote democrat again* Yeah you're doing it

Yep, and I'll probably do it again next election hoping that by voting for populist candidates the dialogue of the country will shift left and we can get a better future without a murderous revolution. Or I could just laugh as I wallow in cynicism and spunk over the death of of any type of hope. Either or, idk.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

take a seat idiot __/

personally i'm voting for ben carson :pray:

I wonder who'd win an election between R-Ben Carson and D-Jeremiah Wright:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc2FCJ7zWEQ

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Vote sea of nuclear fire 2016!

Protip, if a boy scout can make a nuke in his backyard, so can you!

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

MegaGatts posted:

Yep, and I'll probably do it again next election hoping that by voting for populist candidates the dialogue of the country will shift left and we can get a better future without a murderous revolution. Or I could just laugh as I wallow in cynicism and spunk over the death of of any type of hope. Either or, idk.

lol

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
3 words libtards: president aqua buddha

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Looking forward to getting a new season of That's My Bush.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

TEAYCHES posted:

the ultimate point of this thread is not a definite prediction, really, but rather a mathematical proof that we live in an oligarchy and the ruling class should be executed

theres a book called "golden rule" which basically is this.

Golden Rule: The Investment Theory of Party Competition and the Logic of Money-Driven Political Systems

Ocean Book fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 23, 2014

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

redshirt posted:

Liberals have made the US environment relatively clean. Can you argue against this?
Can you argue that there's a difference in environmental policy between Republicans and Democrats?

I mean, dude, there's literally no acid rain falling on me right now thanks to Liberals. And you think there's no difference?

An interesting effect of environmental regulations that I didn't notice until I started a degree in an industrial engineering field is innovation within industry. In the paper industry for instance, the inability to just dump byproduct chemicals into a river has been the development of systems that regenerate process chemicals by running them through chemical reactions that return the byproduct to its original usable form while producing safer to dispose of or even salable/useable byproducts. The 'black liquor' that is the solution of process chemicals left after Kraft pulping has to be burned as part of the regeneration process, which produces a significant portion of the energy needed for mill operation.

Which I find interesting given the standard republican line about how progressive regulations will hurt the dynamic innovation of capitalism. Money finds a way.

Ocean Book fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Dec 23, 2014

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ocean Book posted:

theres a book called "golden rule" which basically is this.

Golden Rule: The Investment Theory of Party Competition and the Logic of Money-Driven Political Systems

I would like to know more, but have a hard time digesting books like this.

Can you recommend a good story that properly conveys the subtleties of this?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

I would like to know more, but have a hard time digesting books like this.

Can you recommend a good story that properly conveys the subtleties of this?

Once upon a time there was a society in which all social production was coordinated through money relations, and politics was not an exception.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ocean Book posted:

Once upon a time there was a society in which all social production was coordinated through money relations, and politics was not an exception.

Yay capitalism!

the end

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

TEAYCHES posted:

not really looking for a perfect society, but not rooting for evil is a start

look at it this way: voting for dem or repub on the national level is not a feel-good decision . there will be foreign death of innocent human beings no matter what, you are simply voting for the method of how it happens. with dems you have impersonal bombing and drones and thousands or tens of thousands of foreign civilian deaths, while repubs you have full ground invasions with hundreds of thousands of foreign civilian deaths along with thousands of US military deaths that are used for domestic propaganda* to give the conflict an emotional investment for Joe Middleamerica that derail talk of anything else but further killing for some members of society. The difference between the two methods is that one kills an order of magnitude fewer civilians. The empire of the day under its entrenched military powers will take unilateral action and kill people until it eventually falters from sole-superpower status; its citizens don't have a say in that in the short term. They do have a say in the number of deaths. Right now, the democratic party supports military actions that kill fewer people. If the Republican party becomes isolationist in the future, then you could decide on that.

*think of how, because of the lack of ground troop deaths in the last 6 years, the republicans have had to play the 4 deaths in benghazi over and over; doing it so much makes anyone who repeats it look obviously partisan instead of plausibly concerned

Not voting because you want to feel good about yourself not taking part is an impotent form of protest because the spirit of individual protest doesn't go farther than yourself. The money folks running things don't care how many people refuse to vote, they have their own problems and friends that they care about. In fact they probably smile at voter apathy (and obstructionism) for the same reason that the oligarchs of 18th century poland wanted a weak monarchy and parliament stuck in veto gridlock - because if no democratic process can happen and no state action can take place, then market actors run about unimpeded.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Harime Nui posted:

lol I hope. I love American politics being as big a circus as possible.

It entertains the masses while they gently caress the country over, though.

Bread & Circuses, and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Baba Ganoush posted:

Well, she's 67 years old, so just estimating, she went through menopause 17 years ago. So she's really just a 17 year old man with 55 years of life experiences as a woman.

Not so scary now is it?

If it's Bush/Clinton I predict lots of shoes being thrown in 2016. It's in their family history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gq7pw3Nypk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWt3-kPBQ4A

• Locked thread