Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

little munchkin posted:

here's my reaction to all the trolls and haters in this thread:

nice anime child you fucker pederast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Raineko
Mar 12, 2012

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
At first I was just bored with their antics, now I wish they were dead.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

small bort

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
dead bort

bort get out i'm piss

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer

The 5th Foid
Nov 22, 2014

by Ralp

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

in Universal Studios Orlando they have a new small Springfield section, and in the Kwik E Mart they have a rack of nametags, and Bort is listed but always "out". However, if you ask about it at the counter, you can purchase one, which I did!

I thought it was a cool little detail.

This is epic

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I forget, didn't the Bartkira guy send out dick pics or something like that?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
so what if he did

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

This thread should just be dedicated to the terrible Bart shirts of the 80s and early 90s

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
I was trying to find a clip of Marge picking out a vanity license plate earlier because it reminded me of my mom trying to sign up for an icloud email but I could only find the bort scene

gently caress you Bort

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Hey this is kind of unrelated but this is the requisite simpsons gbs thread of the day

When I was a kid I watched the Simpsons mostly in syndication and they were edited down to a tighter air time

Now that I've been watching the old seasons of the simpsons on the fxx app and seeing the episodes in full, man I wish I could get the syndicated versions instead. Even episodes I thought were rock solid have some really terrible gags that were cut in syndication and now I'm beginning to think the show was always awful and syndication hid that from me

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

in Universal Studios Orlando they have a new small Springfield section, and in the Kwik E Mart they have a rack of nametags, and Bort is listed but always "out". However, if you ask about it at the counter, you can purchase one, which I did!

I thought it was a cool little detail.

That's really great. I always get a kick out of these little details when they make a Simpsons thing.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

pretty soft girl posted:

Hey this is kind of unrelated but this is the requisite simpsons gbs thread of the day

When I was a kid I watched the Simpsons mostly in syndication and they were edited down to a tighter air time

Now that I've been watching the old seasons of the simpsons on the fxx app and seeing the episodes in full, man I wish I could get the syndicated versions instead. Even episodes I thought were rock solid have some really terrible gags that were cut in syndication and now I'm beginning to think the show was always awful and syndication hid that from me

Dude, that's crazy. The unsyndicated versions are almost always better.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
look at the foot positioning on the floor he is all in there

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

The Dennis System posted:

I forget who said it (Conan O'Brien maybe?) but there was someone who once said about their comedy show that no one ever wrote them a letter saying they wish a sketch was longer

Syndication for The Simpsons was akin to looking in a mirror and removing one accessory- those removed bits make for an overall tighter and funnier show. Most of the stuff that got cut for syndication seems to be about on par with the kind of writing in like a season 13 episode

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Bort_(boy)
http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Bort_(man)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Lol autism

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Kaitlin

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

The Dennis System posted:

Yeah. I've had seasons 1-9 on DVD for years now, and there's only a handful of scenes cut in syndication that I didn't care for. Most of the time its just one or two extended gags that don't add anything to the plot, but they're usually average at worst. Some are great.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Mr. Popo posted:

a'bort' this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gary oldmans diary posted: