Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

stevey666 posted:

Unless I'm stupid (which I likely am) it looks like we are tied to getting out of this quagmire of campdoom and trying to stuff the last eye on the angel wheel into the demon that may already have your old eyes?

I think those posters were trying to get us to graft demon part onto ourself, not put angel parts into a demon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Aha, yes you're right.

Stealing Demon eyes and parts and such, or getting the hell out of here.. Well when you put it like that !
(note: I doubt grafting Demon body parts onto your body will work but sure you can try, mmm sepsis)

Looking for someone to break the tie please!

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jul 25, 2015

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

stevey666 posted:

Aha, yes you're right.

Stealing Demon eyes and parts and such, or getting the hell out of here.. Well when you put it like that !
(note: I doubt grafting Demon body parts onto your body will work but sure you can try, mmm sepsis)

Hey it doesn't hurt to try...we must become the savior!

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

SerSpook posted:

H We continue to chill out here, but we don't spend time blocking things up. We instead spend time with the strange device we found, seeing if we can figure anything out now that we have incorporated both demonic and angelic elements into ourselves.
We are Man, and we must balance the Angelic and Demonic, instead of embracing one over the other.

You only incorporated Angelic elements (the eyes)

While we wait for a tie break, you can do this now. You sit and examine the Phantasm, it glows with strange light.. a colour that when you try to think about the name you simple draw a blank. Looking at the symbols etched finely into the side they begin to blur.. to flicker.. the first symbol goes from something illegible into a sundial.. no watch.. no.. a sundial. The Second symbol is a wave.. now a water drop.. then a wave again. You feel a little quesy at the blurring motion of the symbols and look away.

What do you want to do with it?

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Hey it doesn't hurt to try...we must become the savior!

Actually it's probably guaranteed to hurt to try. Since our eye sockets are now full, we would need to remove a body part to make room for one of the demon's.

Keep the phantasm for now. We can investigate it later once we are safer.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

stevey666 posted:

You only incorporated Angelic elements (the eyes)

While we wait for a tie break, you can do this now. You sit and examine the Phantasm, it glows with strange light.. a colour that when you try to think about the name you simple draw a blank. Looking at the symbols etched finely into the side they begin to blur.. to flicker.. the first symbol goes from something illegible into a sundial.. no watch.. no.. a sundial. The Second symbol is a wave.. now a water drop.. then a wave again. You feel a little quesy at the blurring motion of the symbols and look away.

What do you want to do with it?

Lick it

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Obscil posted:

Actually it's probably guaranteed to hurt to try. Since our eye sockets are now full, we would need to remove a body part to make room for one of the demon's.

Keep the phantasm for now. We can investigate it later once we are safer.

This is a smart man. The Phantasm testing is a free action as youre still indecisive (we are still tied)

You lick it. It tastes like licking a battery. Where you licked the glow intensifies for a second and then returns to normal.

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 25, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

stevey666 posted:

You lick it. It tastes like licking a battery. Where you licked the glow intensifies for a second and then returns to normal.

Spit on it, and run some blood on it.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Outrail posted:

Spit on it, and run some blood on it.

You spit on the Phantasm, where it hits the glow intensifies and follows the path of the spit which eventually drips to the floor. You bite the edge of your thumb where the fingernail meets the skin, and wipe the blood onto Phantasm... it has a similar effect until the blood dries up and then the glow disappears.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
More Blood

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Tie it to some string and lower it into the water source near by

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I think we should wait and bash someone or something's head in with it

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
The Phantasm!

Outrail posted:

More Blood

You try more blood, same effect but over a greater area. Curious!

Grognan posted:

Tie it to some string and lower it into the water source near by

You tie fishing line around the top, step out into the day and head toward the pool. The water in the pool looks no different, a horrible rusty colour.

You lower the Phantasm into the water.

For a moment you're a blinded by a bright light. You make a mental note to close your many eyes next time you try this. Your vision returns after a couple of seconds. The Phantasm has an intense golden glow and it hurts your eyes to gaze upon it, part of you feels in awe of it and part of your feels disgust. You look around, it's as if you're standing in field of golden light.

The light extends out 20 feet or so, and after that it looks to start to dissipate. You look up in the sky, the clouds and sun seem strange.. as if they are starting to smear.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Lick it some more.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Did we kill the the demon? There's something dead around here with plenty of blood. Let's cover the fucker.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Sorry all, died out due to lack of steam and ability. If anyone still has this bookmarked and has any questions go ahead, else another CYOA on the RIP pile!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Shame. :( So what did we do?

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Yeah man give us the epilogue / what the endgame was.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Yeah, and what was the deal with resurrection avatar stuff? Could we have brute forced every problem with body puppets until we'd depopulated the earth?

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Outrail posted:

Yeah, and what was the deal with resurrection avatar stuff? Could we have brute forced every problem with body puppets until we'd depopulated the earth?

The player was a piece of Gaia. Gaia is effectively the real God of Earth and populated the Earth and raised the Demons. You were a controlling force that imposed itself upon an already living being and took their memories. When you 'died' you lost control of the host and another piece of you split from the host. You would have been able to brute force things but your power or control would have started to diminish unless you consumed your old form. The piece of Gaia did not have any memories of its own, but only a sense to head East.

God or The Once-Father is an alien presence similar to that of Gaia. They came in and added religion to the world in an attempt to control it.

Nettle Soup posted:

Shame. :( So what did we do?

In the game you made your way East and got caught up having a base and made a few silly decisions and were not helped along by me. Should have added some structure and pacing but hey I don't know what I'm doing! As for an epilogue..

Imperialist Dog posted:

Yeah man give us the epilogue / what the endgame was.

In between here and the endgame to the east may have been a ruined city with a small band of powerful humans. You'd see that they'd hunt angels and demons and take their eyes. You'd learn about eyes holding power (which is the case due to witnessing an incredibly large amount of quantum waveforms collapsing over a persons life time. The waveforms never actually collapsed.. the viewer itself stole one side of it. This power is what Gaia and the Once Father used.. well.. farmed to create life as they saw fit.). Using the eyes of Gaia or the Once Father changed them and they were slowly influenced by them.

Given that you had both, you would find yourself in a constant struggle as to which course of action to take. The more you chose one side, the stronger that site would influence options in the future.

Eventually you'd meet up with a warband of Angels or Demons (depending on which side you were leaning on at that point). There would be a battle you could take part or subvert or stop if wanted. The battle would take place, in the distance two Goliaths called Jesus and Lucifer stood. They were mentioned in the OP, two beings locked in eternal combat. What actually happened is that Gaia and the Once Father pooled their power into their 'sons' and linked into them. The result was a localised disturbance in space/time which means they are moving very very loving slow, with the great powers stuck to their sons and barely able to command their troops. Leading to the calling disappearing or what have you. You would have had the option to attempt to power up and release one of them, both of them, wade into combat or to disrupt the link between one or both of them. Endgame is one of the powers wins, or neither of them win.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Cool. If the Wed have figured all that out we probably would have rampaged around murdering/ eating everything we could to get as powerful as possible and eat Jesus and Lucifer (and probably Gia and god).goons.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Don't get bummed out stevey666, you crafted a pretty sweet world. We were too distracted by the immediate. Plus, you let me have my pungii pit, so you're cool in my book.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
I can imagine there would have been a very quick and morally loose choice to take all the power for yourselves at the end! Then it would be punji pits for all! Well thanks for following it this far anyways :3

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

It happens, I tried one a while back and couldn't get the hang of pacing either... Also nobody ever asked any of the questions I was hinting at :v:

Maybe I should revive it, there was a lot of cool poo poo in there...

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nettle Soup posted:

It happens, I tried one a while back and couldn't get the hang of pacing either... Also nobody ever asked any of the questions I was hinting at :v:

Maybe I should revive it, there was a lot of cool poo poo in there...

I think I recall liking your CYOA. I would play if you started it up again.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Remind me, which one was yours Nettle?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Do it nettle! More CYOAs is always a good thing (because I sit at a desk all day). Every so often I keep wanting to resurrect my aborted goblin cyoa but realize I don't have time.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Outrail posted:

Do it nettle! More CYOAs is always a good thing (because I sit at a desk all day). Every so often I keep wanting to resurrect my aborted goblin cyoa but realize I don't have time.

Wait until retirement, we'll follow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

stevey666 posted:

Remind me, which one was yours Nettle?

Big round world surrounded by walls, you started in a forest and goons voted to call the main character Bob. You were almost eaten by a bear and then your dad pissed off and you went to live in a Roman villa in the city-zone. Then I realised pacing is hard and got disheartened and gave up.

• Locked thread