Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
all those loving idiots on legends of the hidden temple

like this bitch can't even win a zenith VCR get out of here you aren't going to six flags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Thermos H Christ posted:

*a rice krispies commercial in which an animated snap, crackle, and pop emphasize they are in seattle*

great comeback. It really made a lot of sense.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Egbert Souse posted:

I had subscriptions to both Disney Adventures and Nickelodeon Magazine as a kid. Still have a box of them in my parent's garage somewhere.

Ooze News was the only thing worth reading

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Ah man I love Doug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NeO1gCLUKg

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT2TD0DUXEg

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soQ_detKLZs

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I posted about this in the pediepie thread but it blows me away how nickelodeon came this || close to discovering let's plays with nick arcade and they completely missed it. The only reason any kid watched that show was to watch people play the loving games and they did everything in their power to put as little of that in as possible. Imagine if they figured it out before the internet. Running an individual channel for each sub-genre of game and raking in those advertisement bucks.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Necc0 posted:

I posted about this in the pediepie thread but it blows me away how nickelodeon came this || close to discovering let's plays with nick arcade and they completely missed it. The only reason any kid watched that show was to watch people play the loving games and they did everything in their power to put as little of that in as possible. Imagine if they figured it out before the internet. Running an individual channel for each sub-genre of game and raking in those advertisement bucks.

You had to pay for the VHS, which is why it wasn't popular:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvqmzD3SLao

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

This is hilarious

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Zoobooks, motherfuckers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8EvnM2XUTI
Get free stickers, tiger poster, and the ELEPHANT ISSUE.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Premeditated Toast posted:

I felt like a real baller being 8 and having a subscription to a magazine.

I remember the commercials for that loving magazine and how they reiterated over and over to have your parents call. It was literally every other sentence in those commercials.

What did my dumb rear end do? Call that loving number when I was at my grandmother's house one day and try to set up a subscription. They wanted to speak to an adult so I handed the phone to my completely confused grandmother and watched as she was telemarketer coerced into accepting a subscription to some magazine she had never heard of.

I got in trouble but I totally got Nickelodeon magazines that I would gloss over for a few seconds and throw down forever.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

larchesdanrew posted:

I remember the commercials for that loving magazine and how they reiterated over and over to have your parents call. It was literally every other sentence in those commercials.

What did my dumb rear end do? Call that loving number when I was at my grandmother's house one day and try to set up a subscription. They wanted to speak to an adult so I handed the phone to my completely confused grandmother and watched as she was telemarketer coerced into accepting a subscription to some magazine she had never heard of.

I got in trouble but I totally got Nickelodeon magazines that I would gloss over for a few seconds and throw down forever.

Legally in the US a minor can't enter into a contract - so when I was a kid and did something stupid like sign up for a magazine subscription, my mom would call and say "Eugene's under 18" and the charges would be removed

I don't know if kids can still get away with that, but it worked wonders for me to get free poo poo

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

EugeneJ posted:

Legally in the US a minor can't enter into a contract - so when I was a kid and did something stupid like sign up for a magazine subscription, my mom would call and say "Eugene's under 18" and the charges would be removed

I don't know if kids can still get away with that, but it worked wonders for me to get free poo poo

this is how my friends and I always ripped off BMG and Columbia House

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

TNG posted:

Welcome Freshman was always the inferior of the live action Nickelodeon sitcoms.

It was no Salute your Shorts or Hey Dude, but it did the job.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bonzo posted:

this is how my friends and I always ripped off BMG and Columbia House

why the gently caress did I never think of this, drat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

hadn't thought of this in 15 years, remembered the chorus immediately.

• Locked thread