Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
This game is not that good, the art makes it hard to see all the bullshit.

7.5/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
is this another human being art gaem about feelings

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

a messed up horse posted:

is this another human being art gaem about feelings

its actually about double jumps and wall jumps

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fonzarelli posted:

its actually about double jumps and wall jumps

oh sick wall jumps are dope

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
thats pretty emotional stuff... im getting a big art vibe here. do i hear a piano? i almost cried

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So yeah there's a load of bullshit jumps in this game, you need to watch youtubes to see how to get through them because the hazards are obscured by the detailed background and don't really stick out all that well.

Also while you can set your own save points, the game is bugged and it will sometimes bug out your save point and spawn you between walls causing a cycle of instant and infinite deaths, thereby negating your progress and you need to start from scratch.In contrast the game is short as hell, so it's not like you will be dealing with 80+ stages like in other games.

Rayman legends is still king of platformers.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 17, 2015

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

a messed up horse posted:

oh sick wall jumps are dope

you can wall jump continuously on the same wall which is kind of weak in my opinion

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Ocean Book posted:

you can wall jump continuously on the same wall which is kind of weak in my opinion

mega man x would like a word with your rear end in a top hat opinion

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ocean Book posted:

You can also get stuck in walls that way, making the game unable to be completed.

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!
It's a really good game, it's beautiful and moving around is very fast and fluid. I definitely recommend it.

As for the whole "is it, and games in general, art?" thing, ehhh. I always felt most of the push for recognition was by nerds who just wanted the social cachet of art snobs without any of the economic and critical baggage that comes with it.

:wotwot: Look, I'm not just sitting in my basement playing Doom for ten hours straight, I'm a game buff! Wait, what's this? Corporations are buying my studios? CASUALS? FEMINISM?!? NOOOOOO

Trochanter fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 17, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Trochanter posted:

It's a really good game, it's beautiful and moving around is very fast and fluid. I definitely recommend it.

Are you past the first area or did you beat the game?

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!
I beat it, got 100%. Some of the later abilities make traversal a breeze-you don't even need to touch the ground most of the time, and the levels get ridiculously hazard-filled to match. I must have died over 300 times; the game is kind enough to keep score.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I only watched videos of it but feel fully qualified to say that it's just the latest atmospheric jerkoff game with boring gameplay.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Are you past the first area or did you beat the game?

i beat the game and recommend it. I agree with you the painted background makes seeing spikes and platforms harder than it should be but lol if you needed a guide to beat this game. also not being able to go back to areas/a completed save is dumb as poo poo.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

argondamn posted:

I only watched videos of it but feel fully qualified to say that it's just the latest atmospheric jerkoff game with boring gameplay.

its not one of those games though. Its not like Never Alone or whatever.

Its a legit platformer with some interesting platforming mechanics and a pretty legit difficulty. The gameplay is well thought out and its there, its got nothing to do with poo poo like Limbo

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
are there any newer games that are basically mario 64 in gameplay and world design?

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Ocean Book posted:

are there any newer games that are basically mario 64 in gameplay and world design?

You should play Ape Escape. 1 and 3 are the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

Fonzarelli posted:

Its a legit platformer with some interesting platforming mechanics and a pretty legit difficulty. The gameplay is well thought out and its there, its got nothing to do with poo poo like Limbo

• Locked thread