Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
F.: "the documents" have been delivered to the usual place. The ball is in your court. Don't let "Mr. S" down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laod
Feb 7, 2006

And there it is. Kind of goes out with a whimper, doesn't it? Ah well. Thanks Feinne!

I really wanted to like this game. Apparently I enjoy my escapism, though. In the end I felt like it worked a little too successfully at making me keep my distance. That's an interesting effect for a story when intentional, so I'll give them that.

Technically they've come along some. The combat system feels like an interesting hybrid of the at1/2 and Qoga style. While still simplistic it's a lot more compelling than Qoga.

Wish the music had been more memorable.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Yeah; we had some highlights but the individual songs were less memorable. em-pyei-n vari-fen jang is beautiful, the EXEC_FLIP_ARPHAGE/. of this game, CLASS::CIEL_N_PROTECTA/. hits that perfect sweet spot of "mostly sung programming code yet still catchy and pulse-pounding". My personal favourite, however, is surprisingly Queli->EX[cez]->kranz; because whilst she may be a bitch, Zill gets poo poo done and in that one, she sings her twisted little heart out. It tells you why she does what she does, it tells you what she'll do to accomplish it, and it sounds boss.
I'm sad CLASS::EXPAJA/. didn't really get to shine; it seems a lot more "FINAL BOSS" than "a 30-second loop of the worst part of ra ciel reincarnation".

ATII and ATIII gave you the feeling that, at the end of the game, you're an unstoppably powerful team of song server sovereigns and that you've earned this power. The combat in this game kinda feels like every number was just multiplied by 100 and they called it a day?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Yeah combat in this game is kinda hot garbage compared with AT2 especially.

I've actually had work I can make progress on traveling instead of being bogged down by jerks not answering emails or having a million bullshit reasons they can't do their jobs so I've not had much chance to work on things for an EXCITING NEW LP which does have recorded content. I'm shooting for early May right now still though, and I probably won't have to travel again until the end of May so I can get some good progress down.

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012
So, I sorta have a recording now. It's not great, but it's not horrible, so I'll post it. Is there a preferred way to post these things 'cuz I've never really done this before.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

UncertainKitten posted:

So, I sorta have a recording now. It's not great, but it's not horrible, so I'll post it. Is there a preferred way to post these things 'cuz I've never really done this before.

If it's just audio, put it up on tindeck. If you've got video too, youtube.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Gotta use Youtube for those sweet analytics and ad money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012

Thuryl posted:

If it's just audio, put it up on tindeck. If you've got video too, youtube.

Thanks, it's just audio. Also, I will note I opted not to sing the first part because I kept hitting the first note way, way, way too loud for my microphone, and dropping the gain didn't help much because it made the rest sound weird later. Also I didn't really have the pronunciation timings right, which is fine when I'm just overpowering the initial audio, but not so great when I have to sing quietly enough to avoid clipping, but loud enough to be heard. Also I was losing my low notes and I have no idea why. So, basically, lots of reasons I didn't do the first part, but the rest is there. It's also going to start super quiet because I had to reduce the volume on the original track...a lot to be heard clearly. Also my microphone sucks, so don't expect great quality, but, hey, I finally did it and I am proud of myself.

So, without further ado, here is me singing em-pyei-n vari-fen jang: http://tindeck.com/listen/utdks

• Locked thread