Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Here's an idea: join an idea of pubbies who take the game really seriously and go hog wild

p.s. it's you, you are the pubbie who takes the game seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
A game is bad but people are playing it? A shocking and unprecedented occurrence in the gaming world.

:destiny:

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

Chomp8645 posted:

A game is bad but people are playing it? A shocking and unprecedented occurrence in the gaming world.

First week its free to play, people won't be playing in to long.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
*in town square* freaking..lmao haha can't believe these pubbies...nice game, cupcake!!

now then, time to spend real money on the goon guild for mother bitching epic mmo people watching

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Probably should have expected this. 2 hour queue for the PvE server.

I'll try again tomorrow, but I'll shed no tears over this being a bust.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
Hi, i'm a returning player. I re-rolled a new character and I'm having a lot of fun, my friends and I really enjoy playing Wildstar, Is this normal?

Should I be concerned?

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Amazing Member posted:

Hi, i'm a returning player. I re-rolled a new character and I'm having a lot of fun, my friends and I really enjoy playing Wildstar, Is this normal?

Should I be concerned?

You and your friend should head to the closet Urgent Care, RIGHT NOW!!!

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
A lot of Wildstar's problem is that you were generally working as hard as you possibly could and had to be on your toes at all times and perform everything more-or-less flawlessly for very little reward. Mistakes were punished not just with failure but also with removing the carrot you were working toward from the list of potential rewards. Combining that with PUG five mans created an incredibly toxic community. The rewards themselves never seemed to increase player power significantly enough to change up how you approached encounters.

There was very little ability to feel like a hero by saving the day through clever use of your cooldowns (because you don't really have long-cooldown abilities in the sense of WoW or something) and losing even one party member in an encounter whether tank/heal/dps often led to failure because you couldn't puncture the interrupt armor without everyone working together or whatever.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Too much lag! :eyepop:

Truth
Feb 24, 2005
itt: a lot of people who hate this game, but love posting in this thread

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh good, game still runs like like a poo poo heap. I'm free from trying to deal with this game again. :worship:

If nothing else, at least Wildstar is consistent in its bad.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Gildiss posted:

They are truly lost. Like every post is in here not mocking those playing is a tragedy.

they're doing a fine job of mocking themselves IMO

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Truth posted:

itt: a lot of people who hate this game, but love posting in this thread

Same thing as the AA thread.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
I am pretty sure a lot of people posting in the AA thread hated each other way more than they hated the game.

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
I wanna play the game, but attempting to verify my email just gives me "The Operation Timed Out" after loading for a while... And attempting to log in to the site tells me that I haven't verified my email yet...

Wildstar: I KNOW, But It's FREE TO PLAY, and I'm a SPERG

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Danith posted:

I was able to get to my account by going through the ncsoft page -
https://login.ncsoft.com/login

You can also download the client from - http://wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com/Wildstar.exe

Thanks very much!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
The NCsoft website has a thing where it hates Firefox so if you have trouble logging into your account on either that or the Wildstar site try using a different browser.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Now I can't even log in. I don't think they thought their last ditch effort would get so many people

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!

Verranicus posted:

The NCsoft website has a thing where it hates Firefox so if you have trouble logging into your account on either that or the Wildstar site try using a different browser.

I'm using Chrome right now... thanks for the heads up though, now I won't need to bother downloading Firefox to find out.
Next stop... Opera?

Edit: Wait I managed to get it work? I pressed refresh during the spinny loading circle and presto?

Minimum Syntaxing fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 29, 2015

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So what's the OP pvp class? wait... is there pvp?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
there must be a god if he would let everyone enjoy mocking wildstar's launch, twice, in the same timeline.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I logged in this morning to see if my character was still there. It was, and I logged out, but not before getting a random UI error.

One bad MMO is enough for me I think and that's WOW.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

malhavok posted:

So what's the OP pvp class? wait... is there pvp?

Class balance was actually pretty tight when I stopped playing about a year ago. A quick look at their pvp forums doesn't show any prominent class whine threads at the moment, there's a couple saying DPS medics are currently a bit strong in arenas but if it was a significant advantage there'd be pages and pages of crying.

Wildstar pvp is pretty fun IMO. Levelling characters with battlegrounds was pretty viable in the months after launch, and I'd expect it to be the same for the next couple of months after the F2P release.

hit button fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 29, 2015

Garnett
Feb 20, 2007
You know what they do to guys like us in prison?
Hey was anyone able to check out the server party last night? I missed it, sounded like fun. What the gently caress am I doing with my life.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

time to go on a fuckin' nasty safari and really peep what these idiots who play this bad game have been up to!

(plays for hours to get to the first hub town, which is empty) sick

(plays for hours to get to high level dungeons, which are empty) sick

(plays for hours to get to max level, never encountering another person the entire way) sick

(plays for hours to to get attuned for raids, which no one is running because no one is playing) sick

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

It's free so eh, not surprised there. People should try it out and see what the fuss is about. I'm also less surprised if they are more forgiving having not paid a dime to play.

Now this is more hosed up:

Anatharon posted:

also lol at every one of you tripping over yourselves to play this game after talking about how bad it was for over a year

Annnnnnnnnd thanks for this:

The Chairman posted:

In their stats and item rune revamp, they forgot to convert runes of moxie, which means items slotted with them are now stuck with a rune that has zero effect, costs a significant amount gold to remove and crashes any runing addon that tries to examine it or modify it

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Op please close this thread so people can make a new one with links to the goon offsite and mumble info

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Guys a WS dev just contacted me, Carbine is aware of server queues and is starting a new server for Goons. He promises it won't be empty 3 weeks after F2P launch.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
It's more fun to look at their twitter.

Wildstar Twitter posted:

The #WildStar In-Game Store is currently unavailable on European Megaservers, apologies for the inconvenience caused

Wildstar Twitter posted:

Auction house on NA is currently not functioning. We'll update once we have more news.

Wildstar Twitter posted:

We are aware of several issues and are working on a Hotfix to help with some of them. We are working on it and there will be more

I know most MMOs have login and lag problems on launch day, but AH just not even working ahhahahahhahahahaah.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Mattavist posted:

Guys a WS dev just contacted me, Carbine is aware of server queues and is starting a new server for Goons. He promises it won't be empty 3 weeks after F2P launch.

:pusheen:

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

hit button posted:

Wildstar pvp is pretty fun IMO. Levelling characters with battlegrounds was pretty viable in the months after launch, and I'd expect it to be the same for the next couple of months after the F2P release.

PvP should have been a pretty strong selling point or Wildstar. Of course, Carbine absolutely botched it at launch and allowed people to win trade their way into top end gear. Once that gear advantage was established there was just no way for people that played fair to get involved in PvP.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Mattavist posted:

Wasn't Wildstar the MMO where the devs convinced the head of the goon guild to form the guild on a specific server and then that one turned out to be dead as poo poo even at launch?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Shockeh posted:

So, if Goons do get back into this awful thing; Where do I make characters, and what Faction?

Go Exile, that's where 80% of the playerbase will be after any hypothetical goon presence dissolves in 2 weeks.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

AlmightyBob posted:

Wasn't Wildstar the MMO where the devs convinced the head of the goon guild to form the guild on a specific server and then that one turned out to be dead as poo poo even at launch?

Couldn't be!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
There's reports that the launcher for the game has constant crashes and also uses 20-30% cpu time.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

*dings max level* god i can't believe people play this game, i'm only here to laugh at them, like a nerd safari, of which i am not, a nerd that is.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Lant posted:

It's more fun to look at their twitter.

I know most MMOs have login and lag problems on launch day, but AH just not even working ahhahahahhahahahaah.

Not that I want to defend wildstar in any way, but gw2 also had a wonky rear end AH the first few days. Now the servers having to be brought down outside scheduled maintenance and two hour wait times even if it is up? That's just craptastic.

E:Yeah, the launcher crashes out every time I start the actual game, though it has no effect on the actual launching. Wonderful coding there at Carbine.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Shockeh posted:

So, if Goons do get back into this awful thing; Where do I make characters, and what Faction?

I've got an Exile spellslinger on the PvE server. Can't remember his name off of the top of my head, haven't had a chance to play since I've been busy with work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

You should close the thread so the goons that spent a year mocking it can make a new one to advertise their guild

The bad posting dog has a point, all of the original predictions I made have come to pass and Wildstar has taken its rightful place with STO as a F2P on life support. Now it's time for a new thread of shame where goons have to publicly admit to playing this game while desperately searching for company for their misery, while the FFXIV players keep smugposting down to them. Happy trails, terrible thread.

• Locked thread