Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe
Part 10 is live! Going through the school again, but this time as Makoto. There's some Sadao and Makoto backstory here, which is always nice.

Lotish posted:

Glad that there's something after that ending, because it's not much of one.

Yeah, I agree, it was kind of a nothing ending. I'm also glad it wasn't just kept that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
WHOOP WHOOP, PART 11!

This episode shows one of the more ridiculous gameplay moments in Calling. I had actually forgotten what to do at first, because I was so used to actually needing to put thought into stealth situations. Silly me.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 12 is up now! The next video will have us exploring a previously unseen part of the game, so that's pretty cool. Also, there was a pretty crazy surprise at the end of this play session, and we wouldn't dream of denying all of you that same excitement!

Amars
Jan 4, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
And now, Part 13: Just, Like, a Bunch of Faces.

After this part, there's only one left! Peter and I recorded it yesterday. We're already talking about what to play next. Any suggestions?

Amars fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 27, 2015

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Well it's what you two are up too. If you got any more lesser known games - That's always a fun thing to watch. Though the calling might have drained you two after all that weirdness abound. Anything calling to you two?

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

Zain posted:

Well it's what you two are up too. If you got any more lesser known games - That's always a fun thing to watch. Though the calling might have drained you two after all that weirdness abound. Anything calling to you two?

There are a couple we have in mind, yeah. We're tossing some ideas around, but we definitely like the weird, lesser-known stuff the most. It seems like a lot of what we come up with is horror, since there are always a lot of good moments in those types of games, but I don't think we're looking to stick with just one genre.

Some that have come to mind are the Dark Fall series on the PC, Puppeteer on the PS3, and every PC game we can think of with a Dance Dance Revolution dance pad.

pedrovay2003 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 27, 2015

Amars
Jan 4, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

pedrovay2003 posted:

and every PC game we can think of with a Dance Dance Revolution dance pad.

By which he means non-dancing games that we can (theoretically) control with a cheap USB dance pad.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

pedrovay2003 posted:

There are a couple we have in mind, yeah. We're tossing some ideas around, but we definitely like the weird, lesser-known stuff the most. It seems like a lot of what we come up with is horror, since there are always a lot of good moments in those types of games, but I don't think we're looking to stick with just one genre.

Some that have come to mind are the Dark Fall series on the PC, Puppeteer on the PS3, and every PC game we can think of with a Dance Dance Revolution dance pad.
You could always see if you could find and run this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikenie_no_Yoru. It's a Wii horror game that uses the Wii balance board. Or there's also the Ju-on Wii game that seemed super similar to the Calling.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

Niggurath posted:

You could always see if you could find and run this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikenie_no_Yoru. It's a Wii horror game that uses the Wii balance board. Or there's also the Ju-on Wii game that seemed super similar to the Calling.

Holy crap, there's a horror game that uses the balance board? I need to look into this.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
And so, we come to this: Part 14, the finale of the game, is up now.

Amy and I had a ton of fun doing this one, and we hope to be back very soon with something just as obscure. Thank you to everyone who stuck it out through the entire series, and we both hope that we were able to put a few smiles on your faces.

If you have any suggestions of any other games you'd like to see, let us know, and we'll see what we've got. Again, thank you so much, and we'll definitely be back!

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
That was a pretty fun watch. I await the next project with bated breath.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Thanks for LPing this game.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
Thank you for showing us this odd little game. I'm sure many of us will be watching you in the future. In the bathroom.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

This was a fun ride, you guys are awesome!

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

Edvarius posted:

I'm sure many of us will be watching you in the future. In the bathroom.

It's all I've ever wanted!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The "what is this fresh bullshit" observation was totally on point.

Amars
Jan 4, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Lotish posted:

The "what is this fresh bullshit" observation was totally on point.

THANK YOU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That was a really enjoyable LP. Thanks for doing it!

The phone gimmick was pretty novel and Pete's right, the messageboard thing is really clever.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 1, 2015

• Locked thread