Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
hello post about your weird uncle or any weird uncle encounters you have had here

i had a weird uncle as a kid who was vegan and unemployed, he told me that he knew game designers that could let me create my own computer game with dinosaurs in it

after the divorce, weird uncle tried to kickstart a healthy food shop and we all donated a penny each to his cause (it wasn't successful)

now that I think about it there's a moderate chance he could be reading this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Unicorns bite, but their bites feel GOOD.
I think a lot of goons are weird uncles themselves these days

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Can we also talk about the movie uncle buck op?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Megiddo posted:

I think a lot of goons are weird uncles themselves these days

truth, i'm one

Matey posted:

v glad that era is over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Matey posted:

is this a documentary on the dangers of weird uncles?

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
According to my mom, one of her brothers as a child:

-had to sniff every single bite of food before putting it in his mouth
-enjoyed being dressed up as a girl and having makeup put on him
-constantly had cold sore encrustations all the way around his mouth
-cried in every single family picture until he was like 7
-would go screaming out on to the deck and threaten to jump to his "death" (it was only like 10 ft off the ground) for the slightest reason
-on family trips he had to pee like every 50 miles so my grandma made him pee into a cup which she would then dump out the window
-ate and enjoyed cold pork and beans straight from the can
-frequently hid behind the couch and pooped his pants until approx age 6

He's now an extremely bitter alcoholic who has been to rehab several times and is possibly a closeted homosexual.

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

According to my mom, one of her brothers as a child:

-would go screaming out on to the deck and threaten to jump to his "death" (it was only like 10 ft off the ground) for the slightest reason
-on family trips he had to pee like every 50 miles so my grandma made him pee into a cup which she would then dump out the window

He's now an extremely bitter alcoholic who has been to rehab several times and is possibly a closeted homosexual.

Future troon spotted.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Putty posted:

hello post about your weird uncle or any weird uncle encounters you have had here

i had a weird uncle as a kid who was vegan and unemployed, he told me that he knew game designers that could let me create my own computer game with dinosaurs in it

after the divorce, weird uncle tried to kickstart a healthy food shop and we all donated a penny each to his cause (it wasn't successful)

now that I think about it there's a moderate chance he could be reading this

I miss ur old av

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
I thought "weird uncle" was a euphemism for an uncle who touched ones swimsuit area
why do you want to known about that OP!

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Putty posted:

is this a documentary on the dangers of weird uncles?

Wait what's Uncle Buck?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Matey posted:

No? A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it. Ah, I'll tell you a story about that on the way to school.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i remember fondly how weird uncle used to push for the youngins to find alternate sources of protein besides meat, he gave a group of us his signature recipe of peanut butter + rice and got confused when we all started choking

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

-had the word homo instead of a mouth

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I have a weird uncle. But he's cool weird, and not rapist repressed memories weird.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

I have a weird uncle. But he's cool weird, and not rapist repressed memories weird.

there are such things as good weird uncles, my dad is considered a weird uncle to some people

knowing the difference between uncles is key to the survival of the human race

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
Male goons grow up to be creepy uncles.

Female goons grow up to be spinster cat/dog/plant ladies with no family.

Say no to Goonery kids.

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
Never had a weird uncle. Just one that's a giant rear end in a top hat who is waiting on his next heart attack and another that's married to an unmedicated bi-polar schizophrenic lady.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I am a weird uncle, can I post about myself?

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I am a weird uncle, can I post about myself?

Please and thank you.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I wish I was a weird uncle.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
My uncle had a pet turkey that he made a nappy (diaper) for so it could wander around his house without making GBS threads everywhere.
He convinced himself that the turkey was tame enough to 'take for a walk' so he put a cat collar on it and a leash and strode out of his front door where the turkey instantly went insane and basically hung itself on its own collar.

The same uncle also had an old army Land Rover that on a camping trip he wired up to an electric fence using concealed jump cables and took great delight in asking people to go get various things for him from the Land Rover while he sat by the camp fire sniggering as one by one they electrocuted themselves.

The next morning everyone was woken up by my uncle driving off at speed, having in the night tied every single tent to his back bumper.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My weird uncle is dead so I am posting this in memory of him. He got me and my brother and cousins into PC's so we used to hang out with him and play games. Here is weird/funny stuff he did during those times.

- He used to drink MD2020 and tell me "it's non-alcoholic fruit punch" (lol)

- He lived with my grandma and he would smoke weed out his window so she wouldn't smell it. He was like 50 at this point in his life.

- One time he ate a bunch of pizza and then drank a huge glass of milk to wash down a bunch of pills. Then he passed out for a while, then woke up and puked pizza and milk and Xanax all over the place.

- One time he was trying to relax and watch TV and we kept spraying him with canned air. We turned the canned air upside down and it came out as liquid. It went into his eyes and he said, "You froze my cornea you stupid jerk!"

that's all for now my wife is home and I have to go eat dinner bye

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
My uncle is a 65 year old biker who works at Harley-Davidson. He owns a H-D branded version of everything, even several cat toys (he has about 8 cats). He talks with a permanent slur because he kept drinking rubbing alcohol. He's lived with an extremely overweight woman for the past 20 years, and they have married/divorced I think three times now. She once told me that she had twin babies who both died due to her drinking/smoking heavily when pregnant.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i have another older uncle who doesn't really do anything noteworthy, but you can see drool on the sides of his mouth after he talks for an extended period of time

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
My uncle's brother in law keeps trying to hit on 16 year old exchange students and wants to get a tattoo to impress one of them.

he's like in his late 50's and looks like a dwarf from lord of the rings and doesn't bathe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
my weird uncle

-long haul trucker
-obsessed with antiques and early 20th century architecture
-expert tailor, has made everything from a gown/dress to reupholstering his truck seat
-at one time owned 6 ford pickups, newest one was a 1979
-will eat just one thing, like squash or potatoes or corn for dinner, like 6 ears of corn and that's all for the day
-Thought computers were a sign of the devil until he got a tablet and then suddenly computers weren't a sign of the devil
-last time I went to visit him and my aunt he was shirtless, drinking a quart of coffee while watching spongebob squarepants

• Locked thread