Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
American Soccer is probably pretty good but I can never watch it on television so I don't really know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
if you're ever in Korea and you want to see the best fans ever, go see a baseball game. Their team names are based on the companies that sponsor them, so you have an LG team and a Samsung team and stuff like that, but the crowd doesn't stop. Ever.

Imagine the last 30 seconds of the conference championship game. The away team is down by 2 and driving for the game winning field goal. Imagine that crowd.

Now take that atmosphere and apply it to nine straight innings of baseball with zero downtime between cheering. It's loving amazing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cole posted:

if you're ever in Korea and you want to see the best fans ever, go see a baseball game. Their team names are based on the companies that sponsor them, so you have an LG team and a Samsung team and stuff like that, but the crowd doesn't stop. Ever.

Imagine the last 30 seconds of the conference championship game. The away team is down by 2 and driving for the game winning field goal. Imagine that crowd.

Now take that atmosphere and apply it to nine straight innings of baseball with zero downtime between cheering. It's loving amazing.

Hes not lying. I went to one and it was the 3rd inning before I realized the game had started.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Cole posted:

is american soccer any good? i only catch international games every few years when it becomes big, but i wouldn't mind driving the two hours to DC to see a soccer game if it is worth it (which i guess you suggested that it is worth it).

Play on the field isn't great. If you expect it to be European soccer, you'll be disappointed. However, if you can stand to watch something like women's world cup, then MLS play is about x10 better. DC United games aren't crowded. A good game this season is a crowd of 3,000 (the ~15k average attendance number that is quoted is completely fabricated). However, the people that go are friendly. The best part is buying tickets for $25 and sitting 15 yards from the field at the half line.

If you like to tailgate, Lot 8 is very tailgate friendly, with cornhole, food trucks, etc.

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008
I'm getting married next fall (2016). The plan is to catch a pro game since both my fiancée and I have never been to anything other than college. Living in Alabama, there are a few relatively close options. New Orleans, Atlanta, and Jacksonville are each around 4.5 and 5 hours away, Nashville and Charlotte are around 7-8 hours by car. Which one is the best for someone who isn't a fan of any of the teams? We are already planning to go to the new Falcon's stadium for the opener Alabama game in 2017.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
if you hop in the car and say to yourself "well in 5 hours i'll be in jacksonville at a jaguars game" you will by instinct steer that car into several trees

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
It's loving shameful that any of those three teams are still selling their tickets for money, and not just charging $5 at the gate and hoping to sell enough beer to pay for the cleanup.

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008
There's a chance a family friend who works for an airline will be giving us free plane tickets, in which case we will go see my family in Washington state and will probably try to catch a Seahawks game with them.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Diggie posted:

There's a chance a family friend who works for an airline will be giving us free plane tickets, in which case we will go see my family in Washington state and will probably try to catch a Seahawks game with them.

Do it, Clink is pretty cool. Just for the love of god, bring earplugs.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

It's loving shameful that any of those three teams are still selling their tickets for money, and not just charging $5 at the gate and hoping to sell enough beer to pay for the cleanup.

Said the literal Titans fan.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Diggie posted:

Note that the cheapest 2nd hand tickets right now are $200 to get in the Clink this season.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Chilichimp posted:

Said the literal Titans fan.

what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008

Arrath posted:

Do it, Clink is pretty cool. Just for the love of god, bring earplugs.

Tank44 posted:

Note that the cheapest 2nd hand tickets right now are $200 to get in the Clink this season.

Yeah, I figure we have a little over a year to put away and make sure we have plenty to get tickets and still eat. This might be our new Plan A.

• Locked thread