Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Fed Ex Field - Beer4TheBeerGod

Good Will Hrunting fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm considering Packers @ Panthers. Panthers fans have any suggestions for where to stay or things to do for a long weekend?

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
I'm going to head to Seattle for the Browns' complete and utter rear end-raping game on 12/20. I assume the weather will be bad enough that the bar scene would be more comfortable than tailgating. Are there good options around CenturyLink or am I better off posting up elsewhere?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

So your OP will occasionally be updated with stuff from the thread that we'd already know if we read it?

BOO THIS MAN

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm attending Colts vs Panthers and Redskins vs Panthers.

Don't sit in the nose bleeds. Drink beer, have fun, get some afternoon sex.

Also don't fight with opposing fans cause your some giant man child.

:tipshat:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

sweet thursday posted:

So your OP will occasionally be updated with stuff from the thread that we'd already know if we read it?

BOO THIS MAN

I was hoping people would do write-ups about different stadiums and poo poo and then I could link to those posts in the OP but JEEZ MAN SORRY.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

I'm going to head to Seattle for the Browns' complete and utter rear end-raping game on 12/20. I assume the weather will be bad enough that the bar scene would be more comfortable than tailgating. Are there good options around CenturyLink or am I better off posting up elsewhere?

Seattle right before Christmas? One of 2 possibilities.

1) Rain, 40 degrees. For the entire day.

2) Dry as can be, high 20's to low 30's.

If you somehow arrive between the transition between these two, there will be snow. Which means *everything* closes.

I'm not really familiar with the local bar scene though, you can ask in the LAN forum, they talk about bars half the time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
What would be the easiest home Eagles game to get tickets to this year, and what areas of Philadelphia should I avoid on game days? My fiancée and I are moving there next month and she's never been to an NFL game so I want to try and get to one while we're there.

Also, what's it like when the Cowboys come to town? My future father in law is a Cowboys "fan" (in that he lives overseas and knows they won a bunch of titles at some point) and I want to try and take him to a future DAL@PHI, if we can get seats and escape without him being shot.

Tommy Tighthole
Aug 19, 2008
Broncos fan *ducks*. I will be going to Chicago from Colorado to watch them play in November. Should I wear a Cutler or Orton Broncos jersey, or a Marshall jersey, or should I kill myself

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

whats_his_face posted:

Broncos fan *ducks*. I will be going to Chicago from Colorado to watch them play in November. Should I wear a Cutler or Orton Broncos jersey, or a Marshall jersey, or should I kill myself

The correct answer is the Marshall Jersey.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

whats_his_face posted:

Marshall. Don't kill yourself until playoffs.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

whats_his_face posted:

Customize a Cutler Bronco's Jersey with 1 1 3 as the number so you can troll them all game about how much it cost Chicago to acquire him.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

whats_his_face posted:

Tebow Jersey

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

Tebow Jersey

I too thought that was a good retort, but you see, Tim Tebow hasn't ever played for the Bears.

:eng101:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Chilichimp posted:

I too thought that was a good retort, but you see, Tim Tebow hasn't ever played for the Bears.

:eng101:

A fact everyone there will be lamenting when this game starts

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Remember when Tebow clowned the Bears though

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Always wear an orton jersey

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dubious posted:

Always wear an orton jersey

What if he's already got a full-torso tattoo of an Orton Jersey? Can we troll the Bears' fans with a Marshall Jersey then?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
10 DRINK
20 GOTO 10

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I'm going to the Chicago and Pittsburgh Raider's games this year. Pretty pumped to go to Soldier field, I've never been there before.

Not super excited to go to Pittsburgh again, that city is garbage (literally).

Anyone who can travel to a Cleveland game should do so. Their stadium is good and they have a nice little downtown/bar area within walking distance. Just note that apparently buying tickets for Row 1, doesn't actually mean you sit in the first row. Rows 1a and 1b will be in front of you. :(

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

SA2K posted:

Remember when TebowMarion Barber clowned the Bears though

Tantric
Dec 4, 2003

As stated above the weather shouldn't be too bad or a disaster. Most likely 40's and misting. Safeco and the Clink are at the very edge of downtown well within walking distance of a huge number of good bars and most of the touristy stuff on the waterfront and Pike Place. A few games last year we went to the new Torronado in east Seattle then took the water taxi to downtown. There are other options right north of the stadium as well as a bit further up on Capital Hill for pregame food and drinks.

I don't do any tailgating since we stay at a friends house on Queen Anne.

Whatever you do don't drive to the stadium if you can help it. Traffic is awful and there are plenty of busses to park and rides or the light rail or just walk a few miles and get a cab or uber. Since its a Seattle home game and you are a Browns fan to avoid the rush you should just find a bar get a PICC line put in and start mainlining Fireball.😓

Overall the stadium and atmosphere are fantastic and you shouldn't get harassed much. It really is that ducking loud there and you might want to bring some earplugs (I also bring coughdrops due to yelling). Have fun, enjoy the experience, and be thankful its not the Kingdome where the building actively tried to kill people.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Trying to decide if I want to go to Jerryworld for a Cowboys game this season. My buddies and I used to go to 2-3 games a season at Texas Stadium, tailgate and grill for a few hours while we got plastered. I haven't been to a Cowboys game since 2008 due to how expensive the new stadium is to get tickets not touching the rafters (plus the ridiculous cost of parking).

I'm disappointed to see only 2 noon start times for home games. Nothing like getting up at 6 AM to drive out there and be partying it up by 9:30. Might try and go to that Falcons game on September 27th since tickets for that shouldn't be too much. Every other home, non-divisional game is either against high price ticket opponents (Patriots, Seahawks) or at special times (Panthers on Thanksgiving, Jets on a Saturday night game).

I miss tailgating a ton, but there are so few options this year.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I want to buy tickets to the Chiefs @ Ravens (I live in northern VA) on December 20th. Is anyone down?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

When do week 14-17 games usually go on sale? I think my friends and I will be flying to Denver for a game. :)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

old dog child posted:

When do week 14-17 games usually go on sale? I think my friends and I will be flying to Denver for a game. :)

The same time all the other games go on sale.

C-Euro posted:

what areas of Philadelphia should I avoid on game days?

all of it (including the stadium)

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
I'll be at Gilette for the banner raising. Gilette's decent enough to go to a game, and the train definitely makes it easier, albiet it sucks it only arrives 1-2 hours before gametime. I'm never driving to that stadium again, gently caress that noise.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I have PSLs for the Titans at LP Field in Nashville and will answer anyone's questions regarding the game day experience. Hint: it's been poo poo for many years.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

StarcraftM posted:

I'll be at Gilette for the banner raising. Gilette's decent enough to go to a game, and the train definitely makes it easier, albiet it sucks it only arrives 1-2 hours before gametime. I'm never driving to that stadium again, gently caress that noise.

The stadium sucks to drive to for UMASS games and that doesn't even fill the closest parking lot. Gillette is stupid to drive to.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Kalli posted:

The stadium sucks to drive to for UMASS games and that doesn't even fill the closest parking lot. Gillette is stupid to drive to.

Keolis owns all the rails to Foxboro finally, so the train there supposed to get faster and faster there every year as they're replacing the former freight train tracks they use now. I took it for the AFC Championship and I got there in literally a quarter the time it would have taken to drive.

I've nearly died twice after sitting in traffic for three hours after night games to get home. Nothing like getting home to Boston at 3 AM after Sunday Night Football, thanks Route one traffic.

I still to this day have no idea why UMASS thought it was a good idea to play at Gillette, I get it, division one move but news flash, your student body ain't nowhere near Gillette stadium.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
A few friends and I are going to either the Steelers game or the Bears game at Arrowhead. Last year we saw the Rams and it was dope as heck!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I have PSLs for the Titans at LP Field in Nashville and will answer anyone's questions regarding the game day experience. Hint: it's been poo poo for many years.

:hellyeah:

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.

As already stated, there are a lot of bars within walking distance of the stadium. I went to the Denver game last year, which was amazing, however I did cut my return flight time a bit tight and the OT hosed with my brain. The light rail is awesome though. I'm already confirmed for the Detroit game this season.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

This year you will see luck die on lp field I promise

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Despite having had lived in Chicago for however long back in the day, I was never able to go to Soldier field before I moved away. Now it looks like I'll be in town when the Raiders are visiting. Is there any way I can swing ~4 tickets to a game like that without breaking the bank? If I bring my brother and his wife, both of whom aren't big on sports, is that going to be a big waste of money?

As stated earlier, due to how Seattle's climate works it's either going to be wet and tolerably cold or dry and very very cold.

There's basically zero good tailgaiting around the CLink but you're also only a 5-10 minute walk from the Southern end of downtown. If you can handle being absolutely surrounded in 12 jerseys there are a shitton of really good bars around there and basically the entire city is one bus ride away from the stadium, so it shouldn't be too hard to wet your whistle before heading in.

If you're looking for a bar bar, The Central is pretty good.
If you're looking for beer, Elysian Brewing and Pyramid both have locations within a block or so.
If you're looking for hard alcohol, I think it's worth walking to Copperworks, esp because your first two shots will be free as a sample.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Hey man if you're ever in town and want to go to a game let me know. I usually have an extra ticket on game days.

Actually this goes for any goon Titans fans, my misery must be shared.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Just booked my hotel for Packers @ Panthers weekend. What will the weather be like down there during the first week of November?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'll be in Denver for the Packers game at the begining of November. Need info about tailgating and all that jazz please.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
If Tebow makes the Eagles roster I think I'm gonna try to go to the Philly/TB game on November 22 since I'm only four hours from there. Otherwise I might go to the Carolina/TB game. Going to start my lifelong dream of seeing one Bucs away game every year, and since I live in VA now I have better access to games along the east coast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Zurreco posted:

Getting Bears tickets

Well outside of knowing a guy with tickets once, I've had to go to Stubhub for all my tickets. Bears seats usually sell well (compared to away games) and iirc you're looking at anywhere from like 130 to 300 a pop based on how good you want your seats to be but it might be lower because lol raiders. The view from the nosebleeds is alright and the jumbotron coverage is good enough that you're not going to miss much

I always have a blast going, even though the stadium is pretty bland once you get inside. There are going to be plenty of people not paying attention also, especially on defense. Also the stadium is right off the lake so there's plenty to do around there before and after the game

• Locked thread