Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
The way he took the back was slick as gently caress too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Nanananana homie, Mighty Mouse's wrestling way better than DC's

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Bubba Smith posted:

Demetrious Johnson confirmed better wrestler than Daniel Cormier.

lol DC can't even be mad

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
"ah poo poo, alright let's go home"
still gotta do a press conference to do buddy

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mighty Mouse owns

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

Might Mouse didn't even win a high school state championship. DC took third in the world. But it's still an objectively true statement that MM is a better wrestler. (I am not being sarcastic)

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Man Matt Hume calling that audible rules. GET THE ARMBAR, GET THE ARMBAR

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'm still high on how loving sick that was

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
So who's left for MM in the Flyweight division? What's Dodson up to these days?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Demetrius "Maybe MODOK" Johnson

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I wonder what Tommy is gonna get into now that this card is over

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Forceholy posted:

Dodson, Cejudo if they're desperate, or hope they can grab an undefeated prospect somewhere and get them 2 straight UFC wins

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
That was one of the most fully sick things to ever occur.

That was the opposite of the holacaust.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Forceholy posted:

He's fighting Makovsky on the Jones/Rumble card

Assuming he wins that we'll probably get that rematch finally

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

1st AD posted:

Man Matt Hume calling that audible rules. GET THE ARMBAR, GET THE ARMBAR

That was really cool, DJ is basically the mech that Hume pilots en route to cool finishes.
:goonsay:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

That was one of the most fully sick things to ever occur.

That was the opposite of the holacaust.

I'm pretty sure Demetrious Johnson has the highest finishing % in his championship fights who has had more than 5 of em than everybody but Rousey at this point. So it ain't like him finishing people is a fluke or some poo poo. How UFC can't market him is silly.

I'll never miss a Mighty Mouse fight cause he does spectacular poo poo in almost every single one of them.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Despite getting owned by MM I am thoroughly impressed by Horiguchi and now that he's gotten losing to the champ out of the way, I can't wait for classics against Benavidez and Dodson and Moraga.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

I'm pretty sure Demetrious Johnson has the highest finishing % in his championship fights who has had more than 5 of em than everybody but Rousey at this point. So it ain't like him finishing people is a fluke or some poo poo. How UFC can't market him is silly.

I'll never miss a Mighty Mouse fight cause he does spectacular poo poo in almost every single one of them.

Seriously this. The most boring title fight he had was when he completely dismantled a juiced up Russian. Which was actually really cool because he just beat the ever living poo poo out of Ali in the clinch.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bubba Smith posted:

Did you listen to those retards booing for 90% of the fight? That's why.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

1st AD posted:

Despite getting owned by MM I am thoroughly impressed by Horiguchi and now that he's gotten losing to the champ out of the way, I can't wait for classics against Benavidez and Dodson and Moraga.

It really puts in perspective how incredible DJ is when you take him out of the picture and look at how good the contenders are. Division loving owns.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

Did you listen to those retards booing for 90% of the fight? That's why.

they just need to teach these cities that understand MMA how to watch MMA.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

1st AD posted:

Dodson, Cejudo if they're desperate, or hope they can grab an undefeated prospect somewhere and get them 2 straight UFC wins

Cejudo's booked to fight Camus at 188. If he wins that, and maybe one more, I'd want to see him against DJ. I haven't watched the Cariaso fight, but I'd have to imagine Cejudo's wrestling is a real challenge for, if not a threat against, MM.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Cejudo is not as fast as DJ/Dodson/Horiguchi and while he's a hard hitter, his striking is light years behind those guys too.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEdKvgSlDZs

presser is live. Dana said everyone on the card gets a bonus check in the mail.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEdKvgSlDZs

presser is live. Dana said everyone on the card gets a bonus check in the mail.

why? was there no official potn / fotn?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I didn't load it up in time. What was the gate?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

lmao Rampage is throwing kicks only because he didn't fear the takedown

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

JHomer722 posted:

Cejudo's booked to fight Camus at 188. If he wins that, and maybe one more, I'd want to see him against DJ. I haven't watched the Cariaso fight, but I'd have to imagine Cejudo's wrestling is a real challenge for, if not a threat against, MM.

Dodson is heavy-handed, good at striking, and insanely fast, and he couldn't stop DJ. Horiguchi also came up way short. It's very very doubtful that Cejudo could get it done. His last four wins are by decision. So you have to expect him to go to the scorecards. He has trouble making 125, bad cuts usually mean bad cardio, and he'll be fighting a guy whose pace never flags over five rounds. He's probably hosed. Conceivably he could win the first and possibly the second round just on his wrestling, but I can't see him finishing or keeping that up as he got deeper into the fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

rampage has been hamming it up like a motherfucker

but lol at the punch out chat

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if shogun fights again for whatever reason than rampage / shogun would be something i'd watch.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

lol I guess he's more understated than Conor, but DJ is an exceptionally effective shade thrower:

DJ posted:

"That's good he's a gold medalist in wrestling," Johnson said. "It's awesome, it's something I've never achieved in my life. But then again its just another point, like after the Cejudo fight, everyone was like ‘He's a great wrestler.' Daniel Cormier is a great wrestler, and did you see what Jon Jones did to him? And Jon Jones lost in wrestling to Matt Riddle. I don't know."

Point taken. From:here

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Marching Powder posted:

if shogun fights again for whatever reason than rampage / shogun would be something i'd watch.

Shogun's supposed to be fighting Little Nog again at UFC 190 but I'll believe Nog is actually fighting when I see him stepping into the cage.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The booing was like 3 drunk retards who were sitting near me. The left after round four, so, uh owned. The people sitting next to me left right after the page decision was announced. Also owned. There were people in the crowd telling off people who were heckling and/or just responding to their retarded boos by clapping over them.

I was pretty unhappy with the page decision actually. I thought Maldonado won rd2 for sure, and that page was landing at a really low %. Just hitting forearms. Might have been watching through goonweight colored glasses.

Had fun. Would see live ufc again. Saw some cool fighters do cool things. My seat was upgraded from 200 level to 100 row A. Also cool.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I don't watch that much UFC, though I do tend to catch the big events here and there. I gotta give props to Johnson for landing a record that can't be beaten in the modern UFC. I need to get around to watching the really early UFC though, when no one really knew what the rules were and you'd just have guys beating the tar out of each other for 20-40 minutes straight, at least according to what I've heard.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

NowonSA posted:

I don't watch that much UFC, though I do tend to catch the big events here and there. I gotta give props to Johnson for landing a record that can't be beaten in the modern UFC. I need to get around to watching the really early UFC though, when no one really knew what the rules were and you'd just have guys beating the tar out of each other for 20-40 minutes straight, at least according to what I've heard.
Or in the case of UFC 9, 30 minutes of not beating the tar out of each other. :haw:

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

CommonShore posted:

I was pretty unhappy with the page decision actually. I thought Maldonado won rd2 for sure, and that page was landing at a really low %. Just hitting forearms. Might have been watching through goonweight colored glasses

rampage absolutely won

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

It's kind of a bummer that Rampage was out of shape, because he actually looked really good other than that. He seemed to mix up his attack better than he has in a long time. I have no problems seeing more Rampage fights if he can get in better shape.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

NowonSA posted:

The really long fights in early ufcs are uniformly awful and not much happens in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Marching Powder posted:

*watches good fighting* boooooo

• Locked thread