Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

The BSS thread got genuinely pissy when I pointed out that there really isn't any *bad* version of the Joker out in popular media. The character is such a cipher even by the incredibly loose standards of superheroes that even if any particular version isn't your speed he's still instantly recognizable as the Joker and all the essentials are there-- green hair, purple clothes, pale skin, and sadistic id. Even the Reggae-haired version on "The Batman" was perfectly serviceable for that show.

Like yeah their criticisms are valid but it's not like Leto isn't instantly recognizable as The Joker. It's like they're worried this is the last time the Joker is going to be on film or something.

E-- I mean did any of those whiny little bitches forget that the Joker looked like this very recently?

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

The BSS thread got genuinely pissy when I pointed out that there really isn't any *bad* version of the Joker out in popular media. The character is such a cipher even by the incredibly loose standards of superheroes that even if any particular version isn't your speed he's still instantly recognizable as the Joker and all the essentials are there-- green hair, purple clothes, pale skin, and sadistic id. Even the Reggae-haired version on "The Batman" was perfectly serviceable for that show.

Like yeah their criticisms are valid but it's not like Leto isn't instantly recognizable as The Joker. It's like they're worried this is the last time the Joker is going to be on film or something.

E-- I mean did any of those whiny little bitches forget that the Joker looked like this very recently?

Actually that rendition of the Joker was bad and so is the reggae one.

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

That version of the joker is badass and hardcore and turns him into an edgy death metal bad boy who wears people's faces for fun instead of a whiny little bitch children's character like he usually is

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Miltank posted:

It's really bad but probably not what the jokester will actually look like in the movie.

It just seems like a bad way to start the thing. I'm curious if there are people who actually like the look

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

When joker was getting his dental work done was he good in the chair or maybe he squirmed around a bit? Wonder if he read Highlights in the waiting room

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Joker got his face cut off and then he stapled it back on his head. DC is stupid

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
give him a chav accent

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zelder posted:

Joker got his face cut off and then he stapled it back on his head. DC is stupid

also warner bros because they think their movies will be successful

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Nonsense posted:

Successful? This poo poo is a license to print money.

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters made money, ffs.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Nonsense posted:

I find it hard to imagine Batman vs Superman not making a metric fuckton of money, but if it isn't very good they probably won't do well with releases past that. The whole loving world will go to see Batman fight Superman in a movie just because.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

ZombieParts posted:

It just seems like a bad way to start the thing. I'm curious if there are people who actually like the look

tell me about visiting prostitutes in china and feeling no shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

tell me about visiting prostitutes in china and feeling no shame

:getin:

• Locked thread