Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
just swim instead you dumb nerds

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

toggle posted:

heshe gets it

It. :eng101:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Broenheim posted:

just swim instead you dumb nerds

:synpa:

I find your pool privilege problematic and triggering.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Unless you do cardio for real training/fun, it's a better use of your time learning how to actually feed yourself.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-32417699

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I've built 1.5 miles of cross country trails. It's a great run and a fantastic workout.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
what about rowingmachiens

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I ride bicycles, and not your pussy run of the mill bicycle. I ride an 80s STEEL frame bicycle with a FIXED gear. Your pussy rear end wants to COAST?! Not on a fixed gear. It's a wild buckin' bronco of pure ride adrenaline. You want brakes?! gently caress BRAKES! You stop by pedaling backwards forcing the wheel to skid. Who gives a gently caress about stopping when you're ripping through traffic on a steel horse of loving pure sex appeal. Nobody, that's who. gently caress YOU!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ambrose Burnside posted:

what about rowingmachiens
own

Not as much as rowing on the water though

But falling in sucks because getting back on the shell is a pain in the rear end

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 24, 2015

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Crazy Ted posted:

Fixed Gear Bicycle

Amen Brother.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I put a 26.1 sticker on my car and I haven't run since 6th grade

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

I put a 26.1 sticker on my car and I haven't run since 6th grade

An IRL troll, nice ... nice

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

they're called "spirographs"

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
someone explain how this works

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Jackyl explain yourself you son of a bitch!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

wide stance posted:

Unless you do cardio for real training/fun, it's a better use of your time learning how to actually feed yourself.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-32417699

agreed, fat people shouldnt exercise

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Good for hosed knees. I know from experience.

Turn the resistance way up and try to tell me that ain't a workout.

If you want to yell at someone, yell at the people at the gym on recumbent bikes, slowly pedaling forever on low resistance, reading a book or magazine. Come on! Why are you even paying for this?!

jackyl posted:

someone explain how this works

My guess is that it doesn't.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

redshirt posted:

Jackyl explain yourself you son of a bitch!

that thing was in skymall all the time and promised a perfect five minute workout but idkhow it meant that

if you want me to explain anything else I got no loving idea

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

jackyl posted:

that thing was in skymall all the time and promised a perfect five minute workout but idkhow it meant that

if you want me to explain anything else I got no loving idea

There's no such thing as an effective 5 minute total body workout. People who order from skymall are dumb

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Been using an elliptical to maintain cardio while my knees heal from various injuries.

naem
May 29, 2011

I bought a $50 bike stand trainer thing that turns your bike into an exercise bike and it's pretty great

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Frank Viola posted:

There's no such thing as an effective 5 minute total body workout. People who order from skymall are dumb

thank you for this glorious post and the useful information in it

but you still didn't tell me how the goddamn thing works

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
I think eliptical machines are p. baller. I'm always right, so eliptical machines are indeed confirmed for being pretty baller. A running and swimming is fine too.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

i used to do legs and arms on the same day and warmed up on the elliptical for 5 mins because it does both legs and arms

but yeah there are a lot of soccer moms at my gym who go on them to bitch about "omg did you see what karen was wearing today i heard her kid is fat" for like 2 seconds and then talk by the lockers for an hour to justify the subscription

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

jackyl posted:

but you still didn't tell me how the goddamn thing works

Peep this tiny, lovely video and helpful website. QuickGym

Looks like a weird stair stepper and a weird rowing machine stuck together. Oh, and it's $15,000.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
That Strogg component appears to be resisting it's implants. No wonder they had to remove both the arms and legs from the subjects to ensure success during pre-installation.

Ellipticals mess up my lower back for some reason. Standard running around does not. Don't know why that is.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

nnnotime posted:

That Strogg component appears to be resisting it's implants. No wonder they had to remove both the arms and legs from the subjects to ensure success during pre-installation.

Ellipticals mess up my lower back for some reason. Standard running around does not. Don't know why that is.

it makes your muscles develop imbalanced since your not supposed to be able to exert yourself like that without shocks to your joints. after using it for like a year i had nice leg muscles that sometimes had to great strength and range for my knees, which hadn't developed the shock resistance they were supposed to have naturally. you probably had too developed of glutes for your hip connectors or piriformis or something.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

afeelgoodpoop posted:

it makes your muscles develop imbalanced since your not supposed to be able to exert yourself like that without shocks to your joints. after using it for like a year i had nice leg muscles that sometimes had to great strength and range for my knees, which hadn't developed the shock resistance they were supposed to have naturally. you probably had too developed of glutes for your hip connectors or piriformis or something.
Thanks, that's a pretty good explanation. Cheers (clinks my beverage glass to the screen to your post).

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Has anyone made a condo joke yet, because

lol condo trust fund keurig

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Which exercise helps you gobble dick better 3O?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

toggle posted:

heshe gets it
hershe's kisses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Tony Homo posted:

Which exercise helps you gobble dick better 3O?

sit ups combined with yoga and the removal of some ribs

• Locked thread