Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

quakster posted:

hmm. apologies to any pixar animators reading my posts, but facts don't lie

I don't work for pixar, but I do hope you die by your own hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:agreed:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

quakster posted:

i hope this leads to an internal culture to crank out movies like cheap machinima at pixar. it would be delicious. they're only a step removed from source film maker as it is. gently caress, lovely tf2 memevideos are actually more creative already, now that i think about it

I only undertsnad about half of this sentence

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its three sentences you fcker

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

quakster posted:

its three sentences you fcker

it is four sentences, all lovely

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
Do you think riley becomes an astronaut? Personally i don't think she will and Joy lied to bing bong, further devaluing his death

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I lost a lot of respect for Pixar when I learned that Stephe Jobs founded the company. Sure they make good movies but nothing can wash away the fail AIDS of that man.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Do you think riley becomes an astronaut? Personally i don't think she will and Joy lied to bing bong, further devaluing his death

Would it have been so hard to have at least Riley do a class presentation or a project for the science faire post credit Pete Docter you loving hack??!!??

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

loving worse than that: Riley grows up to be the wife from UP.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Applewhite posted:

loving worse than that: Riley grows up to be the wife from UP.

which headmate killed her ovaries

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

the wife from Up was an alternate reality Elastigirl

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

I mean, cartoons have never been subtle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2bk_9T482g

:colbert:

Ride The Gravitron fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 1, 2015

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
What I meant is that cartoons are theatrical, relying on simplistic exaggerated features and large obvious movements. This isn't a knock against cartoons, it's a demand of the medium. You can't have nuanced acting when the audience is that far removed.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

LegoPirateNinja posted:

which headmate killed her ovaries

Bing Bong :twisted:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Inside Out was a really good movie and made everyone in the theater cry like a babby

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

quakster posted:

i hope this leads to an internal culture to crank out movies like cheap machinima at pixar. it would be delicious. they're only a step removed from source film maker as it is. gently caress, lovely tf2 memevideos are actually more creative already, now that i think about it

It won't happen, live action movies have these, but they're mostly just destructible buildings and cars and they've yet to show up in cheap direct to video movies.

People are still using the CGI buildings from Day After Tomorrow, they just redress them just a typical movie set. Kind of like how the Back to the Future buildings were re-dressed for many movies.

Also I really hated Bing Bong and was glad that he died. They missed out on a prime Opportunity to use Figment and Figment was Disney's OG Imaginary Friend

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 1, 2015

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
Is it a new theory that every time one recalls an old memory, it is changed forever?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dunno. it makes sense, though. however the head wetware works, stuff is physically sloshing around when anything happens

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I think the message of this movie is SF is for gigantic idiots. Which actually makes a lot of sense.

Also if you live in San Francisco to start a tech firm then :lol:

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jul 3, 2015

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
unnecessary overanalyzation promotes cultural autism

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

quakster posted:

unnecessary overanalyzation promotes cultural autism

But we haven't yet determined her family's exact debt to income ratio! What tax bracket are they in??

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Applewhite posted:

But we haven't yet determined her family's exact debt to income ratio! What tax bracket are they in??

uh we established already that they are either very very rich or quickly getting buried under a mountain of debt??? plz read the thread, jeez

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OMGVBFLOL posted:

uh we established already that they are either very very rich or quickly getting buried under a mountain of debt??? plz read the thread, jeez

"Either" isn't certainty. It's one or the other and I have to know which! Come on, goons, I know we can work this out together.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
And another thing: do the presence of headmates with different genders indicate that Riley is genderqueer and, if so, was that Pixar's intention?

There are several tumblrs waiting on this answer.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

a pipe smoking dog posted:

because of vaccinations most children these days are autistic which is why there illuminati needs to use films like this to reach them emotions

I need to see this in a pixar animated form for me to understand how vaccines make kids dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

notZaar posted:

The preview for this movie made nonsense. There is a palm print in the movies logo. However, the premise of the movie is that the catastrophic extinction of the dinosaurs never happened, so therefor the entire history of the world is altered and humans did not evolve.

The caveman dude is the pet to the main character. So he acts like a dog. Sam Elliott voicing a trex is drat cool

• Locked thread