Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Just saw this movie yesterday, it was quite good and fun but I can't help feeling like it was specifically made to help autistic people understand the plot. You're literally told, in bold colorful images, exactly what every character is feeling at any given moment. I mean, cartoons have never been subtle, you can't be when you don't have real people to emote and act, but this is a whole other level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Children are like really stupid autistics.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

notZaar posted:

You're literally told, in bold colorful images, exactly what every character is feeling at any given moment.
That's the entire point of the movie idiot.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bip Roberts posted:

Children are like really stupid autistics.

then they grow up.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
*shrugs*

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

this movie made me cry like a lil bitch

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
considering the demo scene has always been full of scandinavian autists yes, this thread isn't very topical though??

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

babypolis posted:

Monsters University made me cry like a lil bitch

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

babypolis posted:

this movie made me cry like a lil bitch

word.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

how does it feel to be some one who can be manipulated so easily?

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Pixar has made movies about cars and planes, but not trains. It makes me wonder...

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

babypolis posted:

this movie made me a lil bitch

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how does it feel to be some one who can be manipulated so easily?

how does it feel to be so jaded that you cant be moved by an incredibly poignant represantion of the slow and inperceptible death of childhood. loving bing bong

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this is a very bad movie with a couple ok jokes in it. pixar can go gently caress itself until incredibles 2 gets made.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The Good Dinosaur doesn't seem all that appealing because it's just Flintstones without the domestic violence.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

babypolis posted:

how does it feel to be so jaded that you cant be moved by an incredibly poignant represantion of the slow and inperceptible death of childhood. loving bing bong

Bustin' makes me feel good

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Well you saw it didn't you?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Prorat posted:

Well you saw it didn't you?

apparently he doesn't know how to form an opinion unless we tell him what it is.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I was reading One Fish Two Fish with one of those little autistic human being retards and the little fucker couldn't even count to two so the book loving spells it out for him by having two fish next to the words "two fish." Weak-rear end pussy generation of manbabies I tell you what.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Good Dinosaur doesn't seem all that appealing because it's just Flintstones without the domestic violence.

The preview for this movie made nonsense. There is a palm print in the movies logo. However, the premise of the movie is that the catastrophic extinction of the dinosaurs never happened, so therefor the entire history of the world is altered and humans did not evolve.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

notZaar posted:

The preview for this movie made nonsense. There is a palm print in the movies logo. However, the premise of the movie is that the catastrophic extinction of the dinosaurs never happened, so therefor the entire history of the world is altered and humans did not evolve.

This...this does not fit in the Pixar theory. It should not be.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
That must be why OP loved it

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
it's a childrens movie you stupid gently caress, it's supposed to be for children

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

hey guys wtf is the deal with this colourful children's show played on the kids channel at noon, there's no explosion gore or discussions about trans rights

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

let me tell you about the class disparity symbolism in the disney movie about planes with faces

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

notZaar posted:

Not really. It's that Dinosaurs still exist, but large mammals and humans evolved around them. Which would not have happened since things like Bison and Aurochs occupied the same ecosystem nitche as Triceratops or any of the large herbivores. The entire reason why large mammals evolved was because there was vacant space in the ecosystem.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
All of Riley’s mom’s emotions are female. All her father’s are male. All the teacher’s are female. The ending sequence went by so fast that I didn’t note the genders of the other characters (except the bus driver’s, who were definitely all male.)

But Riley’s are three female, two male. Does that indicate something about her future sexual personality?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Jose Oquendo posted:

But Riley’s are three female, two male. Does that indicate something about her future sexual personality?
Lewis Black makes you bisexual.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Oquendo posted:

All of Riley’s mom’s emotions are female. All her father’s are male. All the teacher’s are female. The ending sequence went by so fast that I didn’t note the genders of the other characters (except the bus driver’s, who were definitely all male.)

I think you're confused, none of the emotions had any sexuality whatsoever.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

then they grow up.

not all of them

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBhR4QcBtE

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

DaveSplitter posted:

Pixar has made movies about cars and planes, but not trains. It makes me wonder...

They can't, the Thomas the Tank Engine people would break their kneecaps.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Jose Oquendo posted:

They hadn't hit the big red puberty button yet.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I'd like to see a Pixar/DreamWorks remake of Brave Little Toaster, personally.

Heard Inside Out was pretty good.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Is pixar going to release a good movie anytime?

Id personally rather see an Incredibles Prequel, but Id REALLY rather see them come up with something new.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Toadvine posted:

Is pixar going to release a good movie anytime?

Id personally rather see an Incredibles Prequel, but Id REALLY rather see them come up with something new.
Inside Out was "something new" and it sucked poo poo. Also Brave.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
rich white girl problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Rich?

• Locked thread