Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

anchoress posted:

i absolutely am doing that

most foodborne pathogens are bad for you not because they exist but because they excrete literal poison into the food/your body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

TheReverend posted:

i got norovirus from lovely college cafeteria and I think that counts.

you got norovirus from touching poop and not washing your hands

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I've heard there are two causes:

The first is food that had some spoilage. Cooking destroyed the bacteria, but the toxins are still there. You'll puke up your meal, but otherwise be okay the next day.

The second is when you've invested the bacteria itself, and it has produced toxins inside you. This is the worse one, that causes people to get laid up for a few days since it takes time to wipe out the pathogens.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Every poisoning is food poisoning because you've just ate some poison and technically it was food.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Actually, if bacteria is involved, it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lol nice... extremely wacky and random opinion, how do you think up this stuff.

• Locked thread