Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

KCNA posted:

Pyongyang, August 7 (KCNA) -- The DPRK decided to fix the standard time on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of Korea's liberation.
A decree of the Presidium of the Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK published on Wednesday said:
It was on August 15 when President Kim Il Sung, benefactor of national resurrection and peerless patriot, crushed the brigandish Japanese imperialists by making long journeys of anti-Japanese bloody battles and liberated Korea. It was the day of historical significance as it put an end to the history of national sufferings and brought about a radical turn in carving out the destiny of the country and its people.
The wicked Japanese imperialists committed such unpardonable crimes as depriving Korea of even its standard time while mercilessly trampling down its land with 5 000 year-long history and culture and pursuing the unheard-of policy of obliterating the Korean nation.
It is the firm faith and will of the DPRK's service personnel and people to force the Japanese imperialists to pay for the monstrous crimes committed by them for a century, firmly defend the national sovereignty and demonstrate for eternity the dignity and might of the great Paektusan nation shining with the immortal august names of Kim Il Sung and leader Kim Jong Il.
The Presidium of the Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK makes the following decision reflecting the unshakable faith and will of the service personnel and people on the 70th anniversary of Korea's liberation:
Firstly, the time at 127 degrees 30 minutes east longitude or 30 minutes later than the present one shall be fixed as the standard time of the DPRK and called Pyongyang time.
Secondly, Pyongyang time shall be applied from Aug. 15, Juche 104 (2015).
Thirdly, the DPRK Cabinet and relevant organs shall take practical steps to carry out this decree. -0-

:patriot: best korea

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

I think you mean Corea.

"Korea" is an imperialist Japanese plot to get ahead of glorious Corea on alphabetical lists.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

finally, best korea joins the coveted ranks of superpowers with half-hour time zone offsets, like india, sri lanka, afghanistan, iran, myanmar, venezuela, nepal, and newfoundland

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

and australia

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
it's only the most irrelevant parts of australia tho

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Sweevo posted:

I think you mean Corea.

"Korea" is an imperialist Japanese plot to get ahead of glorious Corea on alphabetical lists.

thx stymie

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

jony ive aces posted:

it's only the most irrelevant parts of australia tho

yeah, like the rest of the places that have 30 min time zones

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Sweevo posted:

I think you mean Corea.

i thought it was a plot to keep them from being confused with a famed jazz pianist

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Awia posted:

yeah, like the rest of the places that have 30 min time zones
in winter australia has 3 timezones (in summer it goes up to 5 because STATES RIGHTS :bahgawd:) - gmt +10 in the east, gmt +8 in the west, and so obviously the logical thing to do is for the middle bit to be on gmt +9.5 so that it's slightly closer to the part that almost matters while still being different to literally everywhere in the world

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Eastern US is the only correct time zone, hth

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah time zones and dst should be eliminated in favor of east coast time.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
swatch already tried that

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
PHP's date() function has a format specifier 'B' which returns the Swatch Internet Time notation for a given time stamp.[2]

pram
Jun 10, 2001

jony ive aces posted:

PHP's date() function has a format specifier 'B' which returns the Swatch Internet Time notation for a given time stamp.[2]

lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

yeah time zones and dst should be eliminated in favor of east coast time.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
So you want to abolish time zones

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

maniacdevnull posted:

Eastern US is the only correct time zone, hth

God's Own Time Zone is central US and errybody knows it, bicth

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
its actually local Cupertino time. YOSPOS BItch! Praise Timb

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

what articulate, handsome individual wrote this

qntm fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 10, 2015

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

jony ive aces posted:

Beats by Dre Swatch

I hope Swatch tried a lawsuit over the headphone name :cool:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Got more strawmans than a halloween party

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

God's Own Time Zone is central US and errybody knows it, bicth

Lol

Central time is a joke

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What kind of moron can't convert between local and GST

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
you can abolish time zones for like business but you still end up doing the same work to be able to display meaningful local times

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

maniacdevnull posted:

Got more strawmans than a halloween party

strawmen :rolleyes:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

maniacdevnull posted:

Lol

Central time is a joke

I'm the contiguous continental area with four time zones, one of which is called "Central"

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
your time zone is a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

qntm posted:

strawmen :rolleyes:

straws man