Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
this page reserved for interesting thoughts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Make sure you pay with singles, OP. Treat every bill lovingly accepted into the auto-cashier's loving brace as a personal message from God that He, in fact, loves you and wishes to spend more time with you, and not the people in line behind you who actually know what an auto cashier is for.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Moridin920 posted:

self checkout

eat fresh

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

this page reserved for interesting thoughts

drat man how you keep doing that? you running some kind of page sniper program bot?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
On the one hand when I shop I want to get in and out as fast as possible, on the other hand it's funny to watch old people struggle to use self checkout and then get mad about it and start muttering about how stupid the machine they are using is

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
It's like when someone is blocking the middle of an aisle with their cart while they stand there looking through merchandise. On the one hand it's rude behavior and I don't like it, on the other hand I get to walk up to them and say "excuse me" to get them to move their cart and 90% of the time they act like I just told them to go gently caress themselves. They always move the cart though.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Pitdragon posted:

It's like when someone is blocking the middle of an aisle with their cart while they stand there looking through merchandise. On the one hand it's rude behavior and I don't like it, on the other hand I get to walk up to them and say "excuse me" to get them to move their cart and 90% of the time they act like I just told them to go gently caress themselves. They always move the cart though.

In Canada, it's a race to apologize first. Both the rear end in a top hat person taking up the entire aisle, and the person just trying to get by must race to say "I'm Sorry!" first.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

The General posted:

In Canada, it's a race to apologize first. Both the rear end in a top hat person taking up the entire aisle, and the person just trying to get by must race to say "I'm Sorry!" first.

Canadian people seem like they are a lot more polite than American people based off your and my personal anecdotes

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Pitdragon posted:

I dont even care if a carts in my way I will just move it myself

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

fivethree posted:

isnt express generally 20 items ?

Yeah, but old people and trashy folks either don't read or care.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
i was at the drugstore trying to buy formula for my screaming baby a few weeks back and there was this guy arguing with the only cashier because the store brand foot fungus spray was buy 1 get 1 half off and there was only one on the shelf. he would not leave without 25% off his single can of foot fungus spray

Safety First
Jul 22, 2015

Dollas posted:

*pays with check*

*pays with exact change, most of which is pennies*

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Wafflz posted:

If you live in an area with 24 hour grocery stores it is best to go shopping after midnight. It's faster to check out and the people who shop after midnight (possibly including yourself) are more entertaining.

i disagree, its a loving lot slower to checkout because usually the checkout stand is completely unmanned for like 45 minutes for when it takes the one worker whose on shift that night to finally waddle up and check out the 20 disgruntled drunk kids or meth tweakers buying booze and candy at 1am.

it's always miserable and takes waay loving longer than it should.

but maybe that's just because safeway loving sucks and is the most garbage tier grocery store and has everything starved and understaffed by at least 50% or more.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

Matey posted:

drat man how you keep doing that? you running some kind of page sniper program bot?

when u have ice water in ur veins, its easy

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

when u have ice water in ur veins, its easy

whoa ice water in your veins??? you must be a real cool dude!

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Xaris posted:

i disagree, its a loving lot slower to checkout because usually the checkout stand is completely unmanned for like 45 minutes for when it takes the one worker whose on shift that night to finally waddle up and check out the 20 disgruntled drunk kids or meth tweakers buying booze and candy at 1am.

but maybe that's just because safeway loving sucks and is the most garbage tier grocery store and has everything starved and understaffed by at least 50% or more.
lol if your late-night grocery doesn't have 4 self checkouts and a single person to do loss prevention and check IDs

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Xaris posted:

Going to say it's probably Safeway. Midnight shopping at Kroger or Publix is always fast.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Rick Rickshaw posted:

I like to buy bananas of varying ripeness levels for obvious reasons, which causes them not to be bundled. Do they then count as multiple items if they're separated?

This question keeps me up at night.

a bay posted:

You can get more items than you are supposed to at the express check out if you bring what you are buying and a bundle of bananas to it and then separate them

Grown men who do not understand pricing by weight.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Im not a grown man and weighth has nothing to do with what I said

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
My record as a walmart cashier was 101. some woman brought 101 loving items to the 15 or less line. And whatever, she probably didn't speak much English, but numerals are universal in Western languages

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
America deserved 9/11

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

self checkout helps me steal stuff

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

That DICK! posted:

self checkout helps me steal stuff

This and you can just ring up produce and bulk foods as whatever. Karma makes u pay tho by waiting for the obese family with a literal cartful of items who somehow can't even manage to scan groceries quickly

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Libelous Slander posted:

*kids repeatedly lean on the grocery scale at the self checkout, halting the transaction and requiring staff override to continue the check out process. this happens no less than 7 times*

I've seen people do this intentionally to "sneak" extra stuff into bags without scanning them, acting all james bond about it like the minimum wage clerk gives a poo poo

SKELETON GHOST
Jan 11, 2015

by Ralp

a bay posted:

Its funny when people give you the stink eye because they have to wait for the cashier to spend an extra .6 minutes ringing stuff up. Its not my fault you had to stop to get a bag of ice on the way to the ice party or whatever, leave earlier if your so pressed for time dude

i bet youve never been to an ice party you son of a bitch watch your fuckin tone

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I hope you get stabbed in the rear end

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everyone just wants to be Captain Important. :smugjones:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Rules are there to maintain order and you harm your community by disrespecting them.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Rules are there to maintain order and you harm your community by disrespecting them.

Isn't it like 4 in the morning in Germany? Go to bed or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGWiTvYZR_w

• Locked thread