Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toggle
Nov 7, 2005

pr0p posted:

And every female hosed The Thing. WTF

guess who was a producer? lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Close the fuckin' door.

mmmm
Jul 26, 2010

hey
you're one of them fancy lads, ain't ya?

Horniest Manticore posted:

creatively licensed?

oh, like taking creative license? if anything, it doesn't do enough of that since every loving character speaks in the same tiresome toughguy patter

yoou've got a point but the Wire is hardly the worst offender here. they had to compromise w. genre to get viewers beyond arthouse, just look at their current show about city politics lol

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

stringer bell was a loving nerd

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

hemophilia posted:

The Wire was good, but not the best how ever or anything. The dialogue was fine mostly but some of the plotting wasn't real compelling like half of season 2 and the final season.

Great start in S1, S2 had stereotype European gangsters and that loving annoying Ziggy retard and his friend who couldn't act for poo poo. Massive step up in quality for S3 and S4, S5 was terrible sub CSI bullshit: faking a serial killer and the sperglord journalist inventing stuff left and right, while his co workers eyeroll and allow him to get away with it.

Best parts are better than anything else: but it didn't satisfy me the way The Shield did.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
jesus christ shut up about the shield

the shield more like the poo poo

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I was listening to an interview with Snoop, who really was a Baltimore gangster who slung rock and shot at people, and at the end of the interview she was like "Yeah thanks for havin' me- hey, don't edit this poo poo to make me look like I'm fuckin' crazy!" which was pretty cool because it was a live call in lol

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

why does this exist idgi

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Nefarious posted:

Geez. Looks like someone's off his meds..

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

"The poo poo" is a term of endearment, if anyone else has English as a second language.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Nachoral poooloice

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Kevyn posted:

Nice dolphin nigga

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

ethanol posted:

Nachoral poooloice

this is me after eating taco bell

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

pr0p posted:

Actually the dialog in the wire is pretty realistic. If it was written badly many of the scenes would drag the gently caress on. And nearly every character is broken. McNulty socially competent? lol

:omarcomin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lElf7D-An8

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nefarious posted:

bad wording but I agree also with bad wording

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

OP it's to illustrate the compensating measures people in a tough urban crime-ridden world have to use, plus portraying already poor, disenfranchised minorities without a compensating measure could easily feel like racist poverty tourism. Like even moreso than it already was.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

The shield is pretty imo

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Shield? That show been dead.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I like the two actors from Baltimore - that one mustache cop and the school lady. Goddamn that accent.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
The OP is Dookie IM SORRY DuQuan. He constantly gets picked on for being a nerd, but he's good at computers and gets good grades. Next season he'll drop out of high school because he's too intimidated to go, then start shooting dope. He will soon be dead. RIP op.

Edit: ^ the mustache cop is Jay Landsman in real life. Why didn't he just play himself? Fat Jay Landsman is hilarious tho.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Did anyone manage to finish Treme? How was that?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I went thru the first season of this show and gave up on it because people were slurring out a made-up english that made every second spoken sentence unintelligible.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Hobohemian posted:

I started watching it but I came to the same conclusion as John Goodman and killed myself.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
David Simon fidgets a lot and doesn't make eye contact irl.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hobohemian posted:

Finished Season 2, I think, didn't go back. It's on HBOGo, so I can watch it whenever I want, but I just don't feel any urge to :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
bubs was a snitch though

gently caress bubs

• Locked thread