Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Ehud posted:

jaws is my favorite spielberg movie

i remember seeing this type of shot first in LotR and I got so super pumped excited when I found out how to do it using the sniper rifle in unreal tournament 99 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Frostwerks posted:

i remember seeing this type of shot first in LotR and I got so super pumped excited when I found out how to do it using the sniper rifle in unreal tournament 99 lol

Hah, I think I actually first discovered this effect in the original Unreal too.

I was just going to confirm that Munich was definitely the inflection point until I realized I haven't seen any of his laster movies. Except Indiana Jones with the rifftrax, I think. Which is a shame since most of them should be pretty decent by all accounts.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Frostwerks posted:

You've never seen Vertigo? For shame.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Frostwerks posted:

i thought the final scene was the guy creampieing the poo poo out of his prego wife or was that some other s'berg flick

That was the film all right, but I think that the scene I'm talking about was after it.

Hobohemian posted:

While were talking about good directors can somebody explain Woody Allen to me? His popularity is a joke right? People from new york are just loving with people by pretending he's great just to see how many people play along trying to look smart?

Love and Death is legit hilarious from start to finish. His "annoying New York Jew" routine is actually funny against the backdrop of Tsarist Russia during the Napoleonic Wars.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

All of Woody Allen's 1970s comedies are brilliant. Zelig is also great and I've read Crimes & Misdemenors is great too.

Sleeper is my favorite of his movies.

• Locked thread