Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

snocked posted:

Isn't that the fire department?

not when police departments as a whole are in damage control mode

every police department facebook and twitter is now full of pictures of saving cats and fixing bikes and patting lil black kids on the head and praying with homeless ppl with captions like "see not all cops are bad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Commie NedFlanders posted:

White kids telling my brown rear end about hating cops is ironic as heck gotta love GbS

Actually I am of Indian heritage.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Actually I am of Indian heritage.

That's cool

Wait you mean the good kind right?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

That's cool

Wait you mean the good kind right?

Indian like Ghandi, not Indian like Sitting Bull is what I usually say (to polite laughter from my audience)

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Indian like Ghandi, not Indian like Sitting Bull is what I usually say (to polite laughter from my audience)

You could always point to your forehead and not make whooping sounds 2while wearing a feather laden hat

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Tuxedo Gin posted:

if you pull over for a cop car you are essentially sentencing some brown kid to death

Better them than me.

Lycaeon
Feb 20, 2013

A closed door is a closed mind.
Meh, I just pull over. Learn how to pick your conflicts - it's not worth getting in trouble over something that doesn't even involve you.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i did a ride along with a cop once (family). turns out, cops deal with people worse than them for 95% of the day. the other 4% is writing tickets, and 1% is shooting people. so yeah i get out of the way (IF IM IN THE WAY, IF IM NOT I DONT STOP FOR NO REASON LIKE loving IDIOTS)

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I let em pass and then follow them for a no-redlight, no-traffic express route to my destination

I followed one from a small town 10mi west of where I live doing triple digits most of the way. He was off duty, from my home town , and in a brand new Charger at the time. He came out of a bank sideways and just followed suit and paced him about 5 car lengths back on my Triumph Daytona and enjoyed the ride home. No people of color were harmed.

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
just let the cops go where they want. it's kind of like bowing deeply in respect as if we are in medieval japan and samurai warriors are rushing to attend a lord or cut a person in half with this sweet sword

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I do. I live in bumfuck nowhere and all they do is pass out speeding tickets, and it gives me great joy to see piecees of poo poo who passed me get speeding tickets. Makes my dick rock hard just thinking about it.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

GUYS STOP posted:

just let the cops go where they want. it's kind of like bowing deeply in respect as if we are in medieval japan and samurai warriors are rushing to attend a lord or cut a person in half with this sweet sword

you're right, it is like that

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Kuato posted:

I do. I live in bumfuck nowhere and all they do is pass out speeding tickets, and it gives me great joy to see piecees of poo poo who passed me get speeding tickets. Makes my dick rock hard just thinking about it.

when I was a cop and I had nothing better to do I would always give out tickets to anyone who was driving any amount over the limit. my absolute favourite thing was people who would seriously try to argue that they were allowed to break the law by X amount

you speed, get fee'd

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

TwoFire posted:

hoping the next post is from the cop that shoots Commie NedFlanders in the head

The Good Book explains the biblical path of the revolutionary. Rather than fighting with hatred and violence, you defeat their evil with good by treating them properly and with love and nonviolence.

It's in Romans 12

quote:

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone.
18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[d] says the Lord.
20 On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[e]

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Has this not been the most effective method in the struggle for civil rights ?

Dr. King followed this strategy in action

quote:

[T]hrow us in jail and we will still love you. Threaten our children and bomb our homes and our churches and as difficult as it is, we will still love you. Send your hooded perpetrators of violence into our communities at the midnight hours and drag us out on some wayside road and beat us and leave us half-dead, and as difficult as that is, we will still love you. But be assured that we will wear you down by our capacity to suffer and one day we will win our freedom. We will not only win freedom for ourselves, we will so appeal to your heart and your conscience that we will win you in the process and our victory will be a double victory. [2]

The victories of the civil rights era were large steps in the long march, but the strength of spirit is needed for the left to have any success today.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

:siren: Triumph Daytona :siren:

Daytona owners, telling everybody about their Daytona all the time like anyone cares or knows what it is.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

theperminator posted:

Daytona owners, telling everybody about their Daytona all the time like anyone cares or knows what it is.

triumph daytonas are nice bikes, a bar aquantince let me take his for a spin once. triumph makes good bikes in general

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Has this not been the most effective method in the struggle for civil rights ?

no, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Enfield posted:

triumph daytonas are nice bikes, a bar aquantince let me take his for a spin once. triumph makes good bikes in general

I've got an 08 Daytona and it gives me an erection still, but I find it funny how often owners of them feel the need to tell the world

• Locked thread