Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

so homebridge and or siri doesnt get that central systems have fan mode:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i got one of those IoT doorbells today and it seems p good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

loading hacking tools

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

*taps in "SMASHTHESTATE" in morse*

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sniep posted:

Finally, i can tell if someone rings my doorbell when I'm not home.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Telling solicitors to go gently caress themselves without having to open the door is easily worth $200

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

r u ready to WALK posted:

Telling solicitors to go gently caress themselves without having to open the door is easily worth $200

isn't that like a standard door intercom thing though

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
i bought a nest when it was new because I was into the idea of a remotely controlled thermostat. It's good on those days where the bedroom is a tad too cold and you want to up the temperature without getting up, but beyond that it's mostly a novelty.

can't wait till it all goes under and my thermostat loses all its smartitude.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Visual GNUdio posted:

agreed on all accounts. if you want HA to be reliable, usable, reliable, stable, and reliable, then you want a dealer installed system (Crestron, et al). you'll also need a couple zillion kicking around to make it happen, but it'll work. if you're a poor like myself you'll linux up a pile of ill-advised garb and hope for the best.

lol at Crestron being stable/usable/reliable

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

i bought a nest when it was new because I was into the idea of a remotely controlled thermostat. It's good on those days where the bedroom is a tad too cold and you want to up the temperature without getting up, but beyond that it's mostly a novelty.

can't wait till it all goes under and my thermostat loses all its smartitude.

agreed and agreed though i like it being smart enough to go eco when im away

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

every thermostat already has an eco mode for when you're away. it's called an off switch

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

qntm posted:

isn't that like a standard door intercom thing though

must be nice being rich

my poo poo didnt come with no "standard" door intercom, bitch

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I really regret putting all my smart home software on a raspberry piss, that thing fell apart completely once it had to handle all the crap in my house and now I've spent the last week trying to move everything over to a proper server

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sweevo posted:

every thermostat already has an eco mode for when you're away. it's called an off switch

lol if you switch anything and dont trust a cloud ai to figure it out for you

r u ready to WALK posted:

I really regret putting all my smart home software on a raspberry piss, that thing fell apart completely once it had to handle all the crap in my house and now I've spent the last week trying to move everything over to a proper server

i started to make this mistake then it fell apart before i got too integrated. tbh siri support is nice but not required if i have to cj it. glad i didnt use it for a light bridge though because thatd be annoying to not have

• Locked thread