Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SD-455
May 15, 2009

by Lowtax

nomadologique posted:

just took me 40 minutes driving a car

and i had to pay for parking that was a 2 hour limit

and i got no exercise

and if i owned the car i would have to pay for insurance.

ppl (idiot ppl) pretend like riding a bike is something children do but that is bc they are complete idiots whose brains have melted from sitting in rush hour traffic 4 hours a day.

there is a reason rich white ppl are all moving to the cities and riding bikes and ubering and using zipcar: because owning and driving a car for transport are about the most idiotic and terrible mental emotional and psychic investments you could make. ppl who know what's what (rich ppl and non idiots) would never both own and drive a car for transport; they either drive the car without owning it (car share) or pay to be driven (chaffeur, uber, taxi) but they never ever drive a car they own to get from A to B. the only thing you'll see rich ppl driving are $200k sports car and that is bc it is a rad fun thing to do a sexy sensual thing and also makes poor ppl feel lovely, which is half the fun, ie they are driving for pleasure not utility.

BASICALLy, if you own and drive a car for transport, you are a completely brainless slave to the capitalist system. you are losing in every possible way. you are neither rich (a winner) or riding a bicycle (refusing to play/also rich but gets off on pretending not to be). THE ONLY PPL who own and drive their cars are the dead end drones who will never amount to anything but hamster-power for their overlords' blood machines.

good luck out there on the roads, idiots.

Don't live in a poo poo city. Bikes are for children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I bike alot & am in the best shape I've been in in a long long time, but when I get to tap some rear end I still get so cramped and wore out.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

SD-455 posted:

Don't live in a poo poo city. Bikes are for children

Cities that have a good bike network are actually awesome sorry you live in a garbage hellhole

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
this would only be truly feasible if the world was an ecumenopolis,

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i totally love neal stephenson too dude

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
I ride a 60 mpg motorcycle

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
"Well, I guess I am just a country guy"

*lives in a housing development 15 miles from a big city*
*drives a pick-up truck 5 miles to a Big Box store to buy a plastic bag of groceries*
*never talks to neighbors*
*spends three or four hours a day in traffic*

"I just couldn't deal with that city life"

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I just went from having a 15min bike ride to work (on a bike path at that) to a 40min car drive to work (going 70+)

it loving sucks and I get so little exercise BUT I stay at work longer and get more done because I'm not like "hell yeah its 4pm bout to bike on over to my house, gently caress this place"

instead I'm like "goddamn i might as well stay here until rush hour is over at 6"

Tbh working more because your commute is so awful that you can't bear it doesn't seem like much of an upside

I feel like I'd go crazy if I was losing 80 minutes a day to my commute. :( Really happy I'm on a busline with a straight shot to my office.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
There's actually a train line to like 2 miles away from my work but it'd take me 2hr between getting to the station and then getting from the end station to work combined with sitting on the train.

I'll take 40min in a car

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

BUT I stay at work longer and get more done because I'm not like "hell yeah its 4pm bout to bike on over to my house, gently caress this place"

instead I'm like "goddamn i might as well stay here until rush hour is over at 6"

oh my god you poor soul

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

My life has gotten pretty cool since I got a cheap rear end bike to go <3 miles instead of driving in the car the same distance. Takes about the same amount of time and the pounds are creeping off.

Then I take the train everywhere else really, I really don't miss the stress of driving in traffic.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

nomadologique posted:

and i got no exercise

ppl (idiot ppl) pretend like riding a bike is something children do but that is bc they are complete idiots whose brains have melted from sitting in rush hour traffic 4 hours a day.

there is a reason rich white ppl are all moving to the cities and riding bikes and ubering and using zipcar: because owning and driving a car for transport are about the most idiotic and terrible mental emotional and psychic investments you could make. ppl who know what's what (rich ppl and non idiots) would never both own and drive a car for transport; they either drive the car without owning it (car share) or pay to be driven (chaffeur, uber, taxi) but they never ever drive a car they own to get from A to B. the only thing you'll see rich ppl driving are $200k sports car and that is bc it is a rad fun thing to do a sexy sensual thing and also makes poor ppl feel lovely, which is half the fun, ie they are driving for pleasure not utility.

BASICALLy, if you own and drive a car for transport, you are a completely brainless slave to the capitalist system. you are losing in every possible way. you are neither rich (a winner) or riding a bicycle (refusing to play/also rich but gets off on pretending not to be). THE ONLY PPL who own and drive their cars are the dead end drones who will never amount to anything but hamster-power for their overlords' blood machines.

Nomadologique is one of my favorite gbs posters. You are cool.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

glowing-fish posted:

"Well, I guess I am just a country guy"

*lives in a housing development 15 miles from a big city*
*drives a pick-up truck 5 miles to a Big Box store to buy a plastic bag of groceries*
*never talks to neighbors*
*spends three or four hours a day in traffic*

"I just couldn't deal with that city life"

Glowing fish is cool too.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol poor people who cant afford fun cars to drive suck it

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014

skull wall posted:

fart gently caress my hell

AWWWWHOOOOOOOOOOOÒ

Hot Cosby
Sep 23, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
bikes are cool for the exercise/fun/zen factor to go to work if you have a car too for when it's hot/raining/icy/dark/hungover but just lol at the comedy public transit option "why yes, obese or drug addicted poors olds and minorities, we will all be crammed together I'll put my earbuds in and listen to some tool or radiohead and pretend im alone whilst looking at manga and hoping i dont get hurt or offended aromatically"

like why even bring that up itt?

Hot Cosby
Sep 23, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
i would ride everyday if it was only 3mi tho

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i walk, op, and if i see you on my sidewalk when you should be in the bike lane, i will clothesline your lovely bike-riding rear end

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hot Cosby posted:

bikes are cool for the exercise/fun/zen factor to go to work if you have a car too for when it's hot/raining/icy/dark/hungover but just lol at the comedy public transit option "why yes, obese or drug addicted poors olds and minorities, we will all be crammed together I'll put my earbuds in and listen to some tool or radiohead and pretend im alone whilst looking at manga and hoping i dont get hurt or offended aromatically"

like why even bring that up itt?

Yes I think minorities are to be avoided as well.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

revmoo posted:

I have a scooter that gets 100mpg, goes 35, and parks anywhere. gently caress your bike and your zipcar lol.

counterpoint: you ride a scooter

Hot Cosby
Sep 23, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yes I think minorities are to be avoided as well.

not a lot of people here get that, idkwtf

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Hot Cosby posted:

i walk, op, and if i see you on my sidewalk when you should be in the bike lane, i will clothesline your lovely bike-riding rear end

i only ride on the sidewalk when there is no other option and/or no pedestrian anywhere near me, if there is one i ride like 1mph

nomadologique fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 1, 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

my partner told me about a lady on the subway who had clearly never been on it in her life, i guess she was looking around terrified every time it shuttered to a stop somewhere other than a station

Hot Cosby
Sep 23, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

nomadologique posted:

never been on public transit in your life

you have?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

nomadologique posted:

i only ride on the sidewalk when there is no other option and/or no pedestrian anywhere near me, if there is one i ride like 1mph

this is an acceptable compromise, i lost count of how many times i've seen an rear end in a top hat cyclist barreling down the sidewalk in a city where there are bike lanes so wide that out-of-town motorists often mistake them for turn lanes

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

I just went from having a 15min bike ride to work (on a bike path at that) to a 40min car drive to work (going 70+)

it loving sucks and I get so little exercise BUT I stay at work longer and get more done because I'm not like "hell yeah its 4pm bout to bike on over to my house, gently caress this place"

I do this too, but I have a five minute commute and I just do it so the grocery store has less people in it by the time I get there. Also I have flex hours so when I stay late it means I get to leave early on Friday, sometimes I stay late often enough that I skip Friday altogether. I hope this is your situation also or you're selling your life away for free and betraying the working class, comrade

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hot Cosby posted:

not a lot of people here get that, idkwtf

So avoid everyone but the Chinese.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

nomadologique posted:

and i got no exercise

capitalism is cool except when you're too stupid or mentally ill to live a comfortable life lol

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

what is uncomfortable is sitting in a car for 4 hours a day, and getting repeatedly upset and frustrated as ppl routinely threaten both your rapidly deteriorating material asset and your life

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so what, do you have all of your groceries delivered?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

SHISHKABOB posted:

So avoid everyone but the Chinese.

Chinese people will push you into the street to get wherever they're going. They are best avoided.

crazy eights
Aug 23, 2015

by Lowtax

nomadologique posted:

my partner told me about a lady on the subway who had clearly never been on it in her life, i guess she was looking around terrified every time it shuttered to a stop somewhere other than a station

wait a tick....you "partner" op? you've got some explaining to do

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
lol don't ride a bike to work like an eight year old, loving dork

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Serious Frolicking posted:

so what, do you have all of your groceries delivered?

Lol millennial human being it's called a backpack lol

naem
May 29, 2011

I ride bike

ice cream snakes
Dec 8, 2008

Is it illegal to have a bike AND a car? Am I going to jail?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
go write a play about it assfag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

ice cream snakes posted:

Is it illegal to have a bike AND a car? Am I going to jail?

I once had a car and a bike and a motorcycle but I sold the motorcycle because it sucked

• Locked thread