Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

USE Son of Rodney IN Microwave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yeah for awhile both sierra and lucasarts had games you could permanently screw up by doing certain things or missing items.

i remember in leisure suit larry 2 there was an item you could find in the trash on the first few screens that was required to beat the game (and you cant get back to ever after a certain point). but you could get all the way to the end without it, meaning all your saves were worthless.

also lucasarts' zak mckracken is isnanely confusing because it made even less sense than maniac mansion. you could also do stuff like kill a three headed squirrel that hurt your karma (an invisible rating) that you had to restore by idling in a certain location in realtime.
Primordia had at least two ways to gently caress up the game (it's also one of the best modern adventure games, get it).

Poz Party Pooper
Feb 16, 2014

michael had some sweet pimp music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfgyTAvwhdg

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Booblord Zagats posted:

Here's an ultra high res of the original

Cool, thanks. I used to play the game in the 80s, and since it was am illegal copy for the Commodore 64, I never had that poster.

I will try out the numbers in Maniac Mansion Deluxe, which I started playing again since I saw this thread.

Here is the link for the free Maniac Mansion Deluxe version, in case it wasn't posted yet: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/401/
'

• Locked thread