Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
i do my utmost not to think about gender in videogames because that seems to rot the mind, but it was hard to shake the feeling that the story people on the last tomb raider title were getting off on the wrong things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
These games have too much violence and not enough grave robbing

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

i do my utmost not to think about gender in videogames because that seems to rot the mind, but it was hard to shake the feeling that the story people on the last tomb raider title were getting off on the wrong things

I never played it or any other Tomb Raider game, but I did read in the news that the latest game made Lara's boobs smaller in an attempt to be taken more "seriously." Whether they were getting off on what else happened is a matter of speculation, but I think it's safe to say whoever was in charge there completely missed the point of Tomb Raider.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Hmm, yes ok I can get behind this

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The neck one was hotter, imo.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

etalian posted:

which tomb raider model/actress was the hottest?

Applewhite posted:

The neck one was hotter, imo.

If I search my heart, I think I agree...

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

keep posting tomb raiders!!!!

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

I never played it or any other Tomb Raider game, but I did read in the news that the latest game made Lara's boobs smaller in an attempt to be taken more "seriously." Whether they were getting off on what else happened is a matter of speculation, but I think it's safe to say whoever was in charge there completely missed the point of Tomb Raider.

horrible things kept happening to her, unrelentingly.always in pain, or scared, or shivering or hating herself

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol who gives a gently caress when there is a new FALL OUT!!!!!!!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Applewhite posted:

It was her first adventure and they made her cry a lot. A lot. Like you'd go and kill ten faceless mooks to advance through the next cutscene and then she'd start crying over how she had to kill a person.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I don't think it's a shock that I play a lot of videogames, and I only remember her crying once. Namaste

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

My Q-Face posted:

It was her first adventure and they made her cry a lot. A lot. Like you'd go and kill ten faceless mooks to advance through the next cutscene and then she'd start crying over how she had to kill a person.

Which is probably pretty realistic for a pampered (albeit smart) rich girl on her first real adventure.
And I think her reaction was more that they were trying to kill her and she kept escaping from dire situations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

less words more tomb raiders

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

numberoneposter posted:

less words more tomb raiders

I don't think that's a real tomb raider friend. She doesn't look chesty enough to raid a tomb

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

ghlbtsk posted:

Which is probably pretty realistic for a pampered (albeit smart) rich girl on her first real adventure.
And I think her reaction was more that they were trying to kill her and she kept escaping from dire situations.

early in the game Lara kills a dude in a cutscene and her mentor later says "I'm sorry, that must have been hard" to which she replies, "I'm surprised by how easy it was." So yeah its mostly because she and her friends are being tracked down by a crazy death cult on an island riddled with the corpses and skeletons of their previous victims.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

triggered by trigger discipline

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe8-1dbXZc

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.skins.be there's a website goons are familiar with

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

ghlbtsk posted:

Maybe the first time or two, but it just kept happening!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

numberoneposter posted:

I never realized what a weird profile Angelina Jolie has. She looks like I giant baby with huge knockers.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

A star wars game?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

criscodisco posted:

I never realized what a weird profile Angelina Jolie has. She looks like I giant baby with huge knockers.

Go home Aatrek, you're drunk

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

My Q-Face posted:

Maybe the first time or two, but it just kept happening!

Captain Yossarian posted:

I don't think it's a shock that I play a lot of videogames, and I only remember her crying once. Namaste

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

You know tears don't need to be pouring for someone to be crying, right?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Dangerous vaults is the better tomb raider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

My Q-Face posted:

You know tears don't need to be pouring for someone to be crying, right?

I will destroy you

• Locked thread