Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Continent
Dec 13, 2004

I sense a
disturbance
in my bowels...

R.S. Gumby posted:

"aggressively leftist"

What's the matter Col. Sanders? Chicken??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Dynamic Static
Jun 25, 2005
Non-contradictory

Some kind of trendy string bass fiddle jug band crap....

Maybe some kind of metal funk?

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Darmandek (Persian: درماندك‎‎, also Romanized as Darmāndek; also known as Darmānderīk and Dīlmānderīk) is an Iranian metal band with heavy Gaelic folk influences.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Metaphor is an all-woman, seven member speakeasy revival ensemble with a decided focus on explicitly describing extreme sexual or physically violent acts in clinical detail at length through song, quite often without the use of metaphor or simile. The soft, cooing delivery of their dainty torch singer, Ophelia Balzac (we swear!) and the straight laced delivery of gentle piano, muffled drums, gentle standing bass, muted trumpet and more, makes for a weird sort of cognitive dissonance when paired with the subject matter. You'll have the strangest boner!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/polachrome/22732263348/

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 22, 2015

Kmlkmljkl
Sep 21, 2014

AT NIGHT I GET SO LONELY I JERK IT FURIOUSLY TO THE SIMS

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Gonzo the Eggman posted:

Darmandek (Persian: درماندك‎‎, also Romanized as Darmāndek; also known as Darmānderīk and Dīlmānderīk) is an Iranian metal band with heavy Gaelic folk influences.

I'd HAVE to give this a listen

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Pvt.Scott posted:

Metaphor is an all-woman, seven member speakeasy revival ensemble with a decided focus on explicitly describing extreme sexual or physically violent acts in clinical detail at length through song, quite often without the use of metaphor or simile. The soft, cooing delivery of their dainty torch singer, Ophelia Balzac (we swear!) and the straight laced delivery of gentle piano, muffled drums, gentle standing bass, muted trumpet and more, makes for a weird sort of cognitive dissonance when paired with the subject matter. You'll have the strangest boner!

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

lol

these are all fuckin sweet though, theres a ton I would listen to for real

that one goon is right we should start promoting the best ones as real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Radazaz
Nov 22, 2015
http://i.imgur.com/bptERk1.jpg

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Made a couple more. Because, why not?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Got a pair of hot new anal bum covers to post. These were just cropping and finding a good feeling font, etc.

Melodic black metal with lyrics focusing on the European genocide of North, Central and South American peoples.

Described by one critic as as "sorta like if Modest Mouse grew up in a much rougher neighborhood."

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

No fair! How'd you get a picture and quote directly from a rugby match to go with your band name?

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

No prizes for guessing the genre of this band.
The quote (another proverb page, this time Jamaican) pretty much decided the direction.

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.

"this mellow Canadian folk rock trio is a pleasant listen, but instantly forgettable"

"grunge is back!"

"a surprisingly fun electronica album based around 8-bit music."

"this energetic all-girl rock band launches an attack on modern society and politics that will resonate with teenagers everywhere."

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

I Said No fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 22, 2015

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
I really like how well all the elements went together (but wow imgur artifacted the poo poo out of it?)

image source

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Voltin Bolt posted:

I really like how well all the elements went together (but wow imgur artifacted the poo poo out of it?)

image source

nice, p good

Pvt.Scott posted:

No fair! How'd you get a picture and quote directly from a rugby match to go with your band name?

one in a million man, sometimes the stars just align

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

Maria Reig Moles is an Andorian (sorry, Andorran) electronic pop musician. Known for being anti-rock'n'roll and aligned with disco and dance music culture, her music is heavily influenced by the works of Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

I think these Canadian nu-metallers have no idea what a dog looks like.

"Sicily's answer to Kate Bush, Annone di Brianza's third album is a wistful lullaby to her childhood, featuring seemingly random references to Stanley Kubrick films. Intriguing"- Q Magazine

Distorted Kiwi fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 24, 2015

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

Distorted Kiwi posted:

I think these Canadian nu-metallers have no idea what a dog looks like.
That's why it's kindly.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Never been a big fan of Iraqi hip-hop, but I'll give it a go.

Some sort of synth-wave artist, at a guess.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Did I kill the thread already? Here, have some bleak Scandinavian acoustic blues.

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

Ian Watson is best known as the producer behind the popular Welsh tabernacle boy band, the Salford Red Devils.
"If it Fails, We Sink into Hell" is Watson's solo project after the unexpected death of the group's lead singer, Satoru Iwata.
Originally am upbeat pop album entitled "We Rise to the Heavens", the tone took a decidedly dark turn when Watson, who had been battling bipolar disorder for many years, had a severe bout of depression.
The title was changed to "If it Fails, We Sink Into Hello", perhaps mirroring Watson's own fears of a financial and creative failure, and the fortunes of Nintendo.

Ktb
Feb 24, 2006

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Late to the party but...

Laidback electronica duo Mindanao Eddy's second LP Our Antagonist is Our Helper has finally been released 4 years after the original due date. The group (identities unknown) communicate only via their teenage Belgian agent and are know for their strict adherence to two self-imposed rules:
1 - All recordings must be made at sea
2 - No vocals or sounds based on vocals, no matter what
While the run numbers have not been revealed, this CD-only release has sold out at the few outlets who have been lucky enough to obtain copies.

• Locked thread