Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

This is great news. I jog on occasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEuU64Zt4B0

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Get out of my loving way you goddamn shaved ape!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I like to call slow people "Meanderthals."

COPYRIGHT 2001 CAPT. RAINBOWBEARD DO NOT STEAL OKAY

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
*movie ends, credits begin to roll. I gather my things, stand up, and begin walking to the end of the row. I reach the stairs, turn to face the screen, and wait. I'm going to wait for any post credit scenes, no matter which movie I'm seeing or anyone telling methat I should stay.*

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Let's go downtown and I'll show you the finest doorways and thoroughfares and we can stand in them together as people shuffle awkwardly past us all afternoon long.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

hemale in pain posted:

Hmmmhh yea, the middle of a busy shopping center is a great place to suddenly stop walking and have a conversation with my friends while people try to get around us.
I'm going to stand in this doorway. What do you mean people need to get in or out of the doors :downs:

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Das Boo posted:

gently caress people who stand around at choke points and force me to walk into the street to get around them. That's my two cents.

Seems kind of pathological to walk out of a building and then just stand there for about 5-10 seconds, figuring out what to do next. Like people can't think beyond one step at a time

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Moridin920 posted:

I move quickly, and I am constantly irritated by people with no situational awareness who are moving slow and/or blocking me from being able to move past them whether it is driving a car or just walking around in a grocery store.

I seriously think the richer slash more well off you are the worse you are with that poo poo (on average ofc) just because the richer a person is the less likely it is that they give a poo poo about other people. Go to Oceanside, everyone is polite and quick. Go to Cardiff, everyone is milling around like a fuckwit oblivious to their surroundings. Just the other day I got hit because some retard started backing up and just kept backing up until they hit my parked car because apparently mirrors are not important.

I don't know about rich or poor, but I totally agree with you about people's lack of situational awareness. You can walk fast or slow, have a dog on a leash, push a baby stroller or use a walker, good for you. But people act like they are the only person inthe world, and definitely the only person on the sidewalk or the escalator and it is pretty silly.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
So many people walking around or driving around as if they aren't loving dying every minute of every day

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

hemale in pain posted:

Hmmmhh yea, the middle of a busy shopping center is a great place to suddenly stop walking and have a conversation with my friends while people try to get around us.

the best part is how 90% of the time if you politely say "excuse me" and force them to move so you can get by they shoot you dirty looks like you just told them to go gently caress themselves

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Uncle Salty posted:

I don't know about rich or poor, but I totally agree with you about people's lack of situational awareness. You can walk fast or slow, have a dog on a leash, push a baby stroller or use a walker, good for you. But people act like they are the only person inthe world, and definitely the only person on the sidewalk or the escalator and it is pretty silly.

I was driving by campus and some chick was jaywalking and stopped in the middle of the street to check her text, forcing me to almost stop right infront, and then when she looked up and saw my car coming at her she had a deer in the headlights look.

that's about pretty much the least situational awareness you can get.

i almost wish it had been another oblivious driver checking their phone barreling down the street instead of me so darwin in action could take place.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
I'm a cripple and have to use a cane to get around, but somehow I'm still faster than half the people I see walking around. poo poo grinds my gears. If my crippled rear end can maintain a brisk walk, so can you*

*unless you are also crippled, in which case you sorta have an excuse

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

gently caress yup rear end in a top hat

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

In the words of Ludacris, a visionary of our time:

Move bitch, get out the way. Get out the way bitch, get out the way.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Can I get a link for my Facebook?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Everyone posting in this thread is loving retarded except me.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

if i walk at the speed of light i will live for infinity

study proven

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Cuckoo posted:

Death to everyone who does 5 or more under the speed limit

and those who take a good minute to adjust to the change in speed limit.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

AEMINAL posted:

hhhhhh

Turns out us who walk at a stressed out "get outta my way, tardfuck" level may live longer than those fuckers that always seem to be walking in groups of 3 or more wide whenever you're in a hurry

The research was carried out with pensioners but they think it applies to people of all ages in general

Spread the message or whatever and let's rid the world of the stumbling phone toting zombies that infest our major cities

Does this also apply to people who pay with checks?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Secks Cauldron posted:

I'm going to stand in this doorway. What do you mean people need to get in or out of the doors :downs:

This happens to me on the subway. Someone gets on, then stands there. In the narrow doorway without considering the public behind them who also need to be on the train.

I wish those people could ride underneath the train if yo know what I mean

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I have special hatred for slow people in supermarkets: big fatasses who kind of slump over their trolley and scoot along veeery slowly while gasping and wheezing with the effort.

I look forward to the day when a 'Deathrace 2000' protocol is adopted and it becomes permissible to barge through the slowpokes, hammering them out of the way with my spiked trolley as I attempt to break the record for my weekly shop.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
I'll put a treadmill at my pc and shitpost forever!

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Das Boo posted:

gently caress people who stand around at choke points and force me to walk into the street to get around them. That's my two cents.

You're doing it wrong, you're supposed to shove them into the street.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

quote:

he speculates that gait speed may one day be a low-tech way for physicians to assess their patients: A slow pace could indicate a deeper problem and inspire patients to improve modifiable health factors, like blood pressure, diet, and fitness.

here's an interesting record from the 1940s that says the same:

quote:

The race seemed endless; I felt as though I had been running for years…You are too skinny, you are too weak … At last I arrived. Exhausted. When I had caught my breath, I asked Yossi and Tibi: "Did they write me down?" "No," said Yossi. Smiling, he added, "Anyway, they couldn't have. You were running too fast.…"

I began to laugh. I was happy. I felt like kissing him. At that moment, the others did not matter! They had not written me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
half as long half as bright

• Locked thread