Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

More like, job craters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

im glad we have a reason to talk about walmart now.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Serious question here. How did Alice Walton manage to kill people from drunk driving and not even be tried for it?

Like I understand that rich people routinely get meaningless slaps on the wrist but like how do you completely skirt the entire judicial process.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Melmac posted:

Serious question here. How did Alice Walton manage to kill people from drunk driving and not even be tried for it?

Like I understand that rich people routinely get meaningless slaps on the wrist but like how do you completely skirt the entire judicial process.

they run that town. the sheriff or da said effectively "as far as were concerned this doesn't exist"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I'm actually thinking of a different dui sorry

"It will cease to exist for us in any way — literally," Assistant Parker County Prosecutor Fred Barker told the local Dallas/Fort Worth NBC affiliate last October, referring to Walton's DWI charge.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Melmac posted:

she wasnt drunk and the woman she hit had stepped onto the road... thats probably how

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

She was involved in a fatal accident in 1989, but no charges were filed. is the best I can find, so prolly the same poo poo

^there you go

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

gently caress the ROW posted:

she wasnt drunk and the woman she hit had stepped onto the road... thats probably how

Suicide insurance claim against wealthy people?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

babypolis posted:

you must have some kind of mental disorder if you would rather interact with someone who is being hateful and aggressive towards you rather than someone who is being sympathetic

jesus agrees

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

jesus agrees

jesus was probably a schizophrenic

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

babypolis posted:

you must have some kind of mental disorder if you would rather interact with someone who is being hateful and aggressive towards you rather than someone who is being sympathetic

The white conservatives aren't friends of the Negro either, but they at least don't try to hide it. They are like wolves; they show their teeth in a snarl that keeps the Negro always aware of where he stands with them. But the white liberals are foxes, who also show their teeth to the Negro but pretend that they are smiling. The white liberals are more dangerous than the conservatives; they lure the Negro, and as the Negro runs from the growling wolf, he flees into the open jaws of the "smiling" fox. -- Malcolm X

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
white people are a blight on existence and the sooner they are scrubbed from the face of the earth the better

read more at gawker.com

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

babypolis posted:

it's because the hateful person at least recongizes that i'm a person, even if i'm a subhuman taco thing, but to the condescending self-flagellating moron i'm just a way to boost their self esteem.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

babypolis posted:

did you quote the wrong post because it sounds like you are describing me

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

E: forget it, happy holidays

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 24, 2015

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Ryoshi posted:

E: forget it, happy holidays

We say Merry Christmas here, pal.

jenny jones fan fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 24, 2015