Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
guys this is serious. a white man, i repeat, WHITE MALE, has been oppressed by comments owned to the CEO of a gigantic American corporation Sam's Club (same thing as Costco if you're familiar with this "bulk consumer shopping" grocery concept). the whole thing has stemmed from an interview question:

CNN's Poppy Harlow (this is their real name) posted:

You are are rarity in the corner office in America and it is something that so many people want to see change. Not only are you a female CEO; you’re a minority CEO. Where do you fall on who has to make the change and how it is going to happen so that there are more women like you represented in the top echelons of corporate America?

her response?

the oppressor posted:

“My executive team is very diverse, and I make that a priority,” she told Harlow. “I demand it of my team and within the structure. And then, every now and then, you have to nudge your partners, and you have to speak up and speak out. And I try to use my platform for that. … I try to set an example. I try to mentor many women inside my company and outside the company because I think it’s important.

“And I talk to my suppliers about it. Just today we met with a supplier, and the entire other side of the table was all Caucasian males. That was interesting. I decided not to talk about it directly with [the supplier’s] folks in the room because there were actually no females, like, levels down. So I’m going to place a call to him.”

I bolded what I uh... think the racist part is :confused:

do we still have to link a news article? here idiots https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/12/15/sams-club-ceo-called-racist-for-remarks-on-diversity/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
reserved in case nobody calls her uppity on page 1

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS22QSZmZoU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Sam's club is like Costco, except run by walmart so it's lovely and terrible and exclusively used by redneck losers.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Sam's club is like Costco, except run by walmart so it's lovely and terrible and exclusively used by redneck losers.

:agreed: i was just using costco as a quick reference to get people up to speed so that the outrage can begin

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Thanks for the Washpo agitprop. Great stuff.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i foudn the craigslist ad the walton family used to hire her:

WHITE BILLIONAIRES NEED BROWN WOMENS TO RUN STORE IN NEW POLITICALLY CORRECT WORLD (PLUS WE LOST A FEW TO TINY JET CRASHES)
PLEASE BE VERY, VERY BROWN
AND VERY VERY WOMENS

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Beef Turret posted:

that was just the most "reputable" outlet i could find on google news quickly so that i dont get banned. this story is trending all over the social network so Great stuff to you too budd-o

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
like 6 members of the Walton (walmart) family have more wealth than 42% of americans combined

are poor retarded rednecks pissed about that? no? huh

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

like 6 members of the Walton (walmart) family have more wealth than 42% of americans combined

as soon as our public educational system fails to teach them percentages they'll be in better shape

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Hmm yes, real interesting... Hmm.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

A misanthrope posted:

Why should they be? Those 6 people created 2 million jobs.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

you have baited my click. here I am

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

gigawhite posted:

you have baited my click. here I am

youre paying for my kids christmas keep em coming and have a blessed day

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Conservatives on Reddit had kind of a poo poo fit about that, turns out they don't like it when the coloreds don't learn their place.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

thathonkey posted:

as soon as our public educational system fails to teach them percentages they'll be in better shape

might as well. capitalism has already beat the communism out of public education in this country

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Beef Turret posted:

"jobs"

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I'm annoyed that some people are more ingenious and harder workers than others, and as a result accumulate vastly more money than "poor retarded rednecks." The system is clearly broken.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

thathonkey posted:

reserved in case nobody calls her uppity on page 1

B just being uppity

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Beef Turret posted:

"created"

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Beef Turret posted:

I'm annoyed that some people are more ingenious and harder workers than others, and as a result accumulate vastly more money than "poor retarded rednecks." The system is clearly broken.

the walton heirs didnt work for poo poo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Beef Turret posted:

"people"

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

A misanthrope posted:

the walton heirs didnt work for poo poo

"Behind every great man there's a great woman and family that supports him." <-- quotation marks used for their intended purpose btw

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Beef Turret posted:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Beef Turret posted:

http://corporate.walmart.com/_news_/walmart-facts/economic-opportunity-fact-sheet

Average of 190 employees working at each of 11,598 stores (2.2 million total), a generous estimate since a not-insignificant percentage of their employees don't work at a store location.

http://corporate.walmart.com/global-responsibility/diversity-inclusion/our-people

Here they mention 60,000 managers, about 5 per store. Five of 190 employees have the opportunity to make $50,000-170,000 a year, and the overwhelming majority will surely be on the bottom end of a scale that large. Every other part-time associate makes $10 average an hour, and full-time (certainly as few as possible) average $13 an hour. Part-time at 29.5 hours a week (just below the amount required to pay for health insurance) is under $300 a week, $15,600 a year. Full-time is only better because of the number of hours, and then we're looking at $27,040, meaning the lowest rung of store manager (an opportunity available to roughly one in 38 people) makes twice the average full time salary, and you can bet your rear end they're on salary and putting in as many hours as they can, driving down the hourly wage even further.

Sure, the people who work their way up are maybe harder workers and more ingenious, but the other 90% should be expected to live in poverty because we need to worship the Hard Working Job Creators for their ingenuity?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hey p sure beef turret is a troll (though a good one) i wouldnt bother putting any actual effort in your responses though

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
yeah but gently caress walmart

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

thathonkey posted:

hey p sure beef turret is a troll (though a good one) i wouldnt bother putting any actual effort in your responses though

i know but i like to fight

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

ScrubLeague posted:

Sure, the people who work their way up are maybe harder workers and more ingenious, but the other 90% should be expected to live in poverty because we need to worship the Hard Working Job Creators for their ingenuity?

Being mad at the Walton's because they outmaneuvered everyone else at the game called capitalism is no different than scoffing at the poor for losing it. And keep in mind poverty in America means having a home and food like everyone else, but less money for luxuries, so forgive me if I don't shed any tears.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

thathonkey posted:

I have a good economy of effort system worked out, I can share my notes if you like

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
do you think the entire text of capital by piketty will fit here?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i'm about to try here goes nothing

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Bitches always be trippin

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

1. walmart moves in and puts local business owner out of business

2. former local business owner forced to get job at walmart

3. thanks to walmart, former local business owner can only afford to shop at walmart

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Sounds like she needs some dick

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

what's wrong w being a greeter at walmart on a positive u get to see my dick every time i'm out of jail

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

A misanthrope posted:

1. walmart moves in and puts local business owner out of business

2. former local business owner forced to get job at walmart

3. thanks to walmart, former local business owner can only afford to shop at walmart

The Waltons truly are our betters for being born into a family of assholes.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD2Nt4LS5yg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's only propaganda if I don't agree with it.

• Locked thread