Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Should have gone with "Columbia, Gem of the Ocean" just to mess with Colombians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Soviets and French had this poo poo figured out. I want to think about dying for my beloved nation when I stand up during a sporting event.

Comedy option:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UwVnksA_bU

This guy gets it.

XMNN posted:

yeah national anthems should be about brutally crushing your enemies

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
in the context of kid a, it works beautifully -- building tension with "everything in its right place," a lull with "kid a," then this cathartic explosion with "the national anthem," followed by the comedown of "how to disappear completely" and the palate cleanser of "treefingers" before the second half of the album. as an individual song, though, it's admittedly kind of weak.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
It's fun to sing along at sporting events

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013
They should change it to Metallica, Don't Tread On Me.

Also, if you don't stop and pay respects at Reveille and Retreat, gently caress you. Please relocate to RU or CN.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Yeah.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Toadvine posted:

It's fun to sing along at sporting events

so is "song 2"

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Woah...rock n roll pt. 2...
Horniest Manticore brings up a good point. Separate the art from the artist or nah?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

I.C. posted:

Horniest Manticore brings up a good point. Separate the art from the artist or nah?

no, not rock n roll part 2. i mean that WOO HOO song by blur

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That's Track 2 you goddamn rear end in a top hat

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

This tricked out Uruguayan anthem is realistically as good as the modern nation-state is going to do

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
MMm YEAH GIMME THAT ANTHEM YEHAHHH BABY YEAHHH.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah i do

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

oldpainless posted:

That's Track 2 you goddamn rear end in a top hat

WOO HOO is called "song 2," dude. get with it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You are correct, my mistake.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

oldpainless posted:

You are correct, my mistake.

here let me help you with that

Horniest Manticore posted:

WOO HOO is called "song 2," dude. get with it.

more like Number Two lmao

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

I.C. posted:

Sporting events being awash with Gary Glitter and Queen confused me as a kid.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

moller posted:

Sporting events being awash with Gary Glitter and Queen confused me as a kid.

I thought they stopped playing Gary Glitter at sporting events. On account of the pedophilia

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I used to like that song "god bless the usa" when I was a kid. It's sappy as gently caress which is kinda the point. But now all nationalist propaganda sickens me. National anthems aren't the disease of human nature, but rather a symptom of the disease. That same disease which make us all utterly lovely creatures who murder the gently caress out of each other. So anthems are like... An infectious boil or a mostly harmless telltale of an otherwise dangerous personality disorder. They don't make me don my plaguebearer mask but they do make me want to get the hell away from you.

The Russian anthem is the exception. It just owns.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Nathilus posted:

I used to like that song "god bless the usa" when I was a kid. It's sappy as gently caress which is kinda the point. But now all nationalist propaganda sickens me. National anthems aren't the disease of human nature, but rather a symptom of the disease. That same disease which make us all utterly lovely creatures who murder the gently caress out of each other. So anthems are like... An infectious boil or a mostly harmless telltale of an otherwise dangerous personality disorder. They don't make me don my plaguebearer mask but they do make me want to get the hell away from you.

The Russian anthem is the exception. It just owns.

the american anthem is the song you hum while you sharpen your knives

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
the Unites States of America is one of the only major countries without a march as its national anthem. I don't know if that's true or not but it feels true, because gently caress u international order our song'll be all unstructured and poo poo because gently caress YOU DAD YOu can't tell us what to do. America. PLAY BALL

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

MiracleWhale posted:

the american anthem is the song you hum while you sharpen your knives

Agreed. Excellent point. Or if you're on your way back from shooting someone. You can even whistle it like that evil bitch kill bill tune or this https://youtu.be/0Be1_6rqKMM

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
OP stole a 5 year old joke from Daniel Tosh.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Keg posted:

we're on the cutting edge of comedy here on the Something Awful forums .com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Keg posted:

Hell, haven't we all

• Locked thread