Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

:synpa:

What about the episode where they shoot through walls with transporter rifles, it was pretty bad but I like the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
for real Sisko leaves his prized ball there when Dukat takes over like, poo poo son, I'll be back

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The baseball episode of DS9 is the greatest piece of Star Trek media ever made. I dare anyone to find a better episode or film.

Trek chat itt

I agree about it being the best episode in StarTrek. Sadly it's still Star Trek, so it's still poo poo and not worth watching. hth

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

dreezy posted:

penis
cock
1 blowey
2 b-holes
3 backandforthforevers
sloppy seconds
light frenching
cum felching
rigorous loving

this works for baseball as well

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Typical Pubbie posted:

Is this still the BABCOM 5 thread?

I just finished episode 1 of season 2. I had forgotten about the Minbari's utter contempt for human life and their extreme rear end pain over Sheridan becoming the new commander of Babylon 5. Their insane double-standard regarding the events of the Earth/Minbari war is just precious.

Minbari slaughter millions of helpless Earthers in a lop-sided conflict: "Those were dark times. Perhaps, one day, our two races can learn to let go of the past and find peace out here, amongst the stars." :effort:

A handful of Minbari ships get blown up in a battle: "SHERIDAN THE STAR-KILLER!" :reddit:

hey what do you look like? what does the person who knows about babylon 5 and has opinions on its characters looks like?

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
Toronto Sex Crimes Unit, which contained a mind-boggling statistic: of the more than 100 offenders the unit has arrested over the last four years, "all but one" has been "a hard-core Trekkie.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

It would be better if it were about a grown up sport like Hearthstone instead of a running around in a field like baby

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Typical Pubbie posted:

A handful of Minbari ships get blown up in a battle: "SHERIDAN THE STAR-KILLER!" :reddit:

it's like when we bomb thousands of iraqis and then one helicopter gets shot down and it's a huge loving deal

also it was like the one thing the humans did right in that war so they made a big deal out of it too

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Can Navy captains take their ships wherever they want or do they have to follow a set course ? Maybe someone in GiP could know. I'm asking because in Sins of the Father Worf tells Picard that he has to go to Kronos on private business and the captain just decides to stop whatever the ship was doing and take it and the whole crew over there. Just involving the whole staff in foreign politics. No big deal.

A Navy captain should be able to take his crew and aircraft carrier to Japan so that a crew member can defend his Bushido honor !!

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsjlTF0lEWg

Moltke
May 13, 2009

came here to demand this. thank you, you angel

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The movie with the whales is the best Star Trek movie, and is also better than all the Star Wars and Stargate movies

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I agree about it being the best episode in StarTrek. Sadly it's still Star Trek, so it's still poo poo and not worth watching. hth

Honestly I kind of wish DS9 was in a different universe because it's pretty much anti-Trek through the majority of it's run. Then it might not be overshadowed by Voyager which is just the shittiest sci-fi show.

Probably helps the characters were allowed to do cutting edge things like disagree and argue that was literally forbidden on shows still connected to Gene "Maybe worse than Lucas" Roddenberry. I think that man would have died all over again at the idea of having a terrorist as a central cast member.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 14, 2016

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Blazing Ownager posted:

Honestly I kind of wish DS9 was in a different universe because it's pretty much anti-Trek through the majority of it's run. Like if they had a big crossover, they'd probably end up shooting at each other.

That and then it might not be overshadowed by Voyager which is just the shittiest sci-fi show.

There's no way it's worse than that show about the guys who time travel back to dinosaur times.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

There's no way it's worse than that show about the guys who time travel back to dinosaur times.

Voyager has an episode where they go .1 faster than they have and go INNNNFINITE SPEED which begins turning the pilot into a literal Salamander, so he kidnaps the Captain and they both go INFINITE SPEED again, but only travel like a day away, and then they have hot Salamander sex and spawn a bunch of Salamander babies before they're turned back into perfectly normal humans during a commercial break.

It is far dumber than I describe.

PS: This all happens because of evolution. We're destined to evolve into salamanders the size of dogs that can't breathe oxygen, you see.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Somewhere in Season 4, I stopped watching TNG weekly, then stopped watching Star Trek altogether after the series finale. Then one day in 2001 I caught this episode on a rerun and got hooked again, now I'm a horribly disfigured social outcast Trekkie. Thanks, DS9 Baseball Episode!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

dreezy posted:

i dont know anything about baseball so i first assumed those abbreviations were a slashfic thing. unless they are??

baseball is all about slash and shipping, yeah. that is why it is the national past time

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I like that episode for two reasons

the first is that its part of how star trek describes the end of baseball, which is that it just kinda lost interest and petered out and everyone stopped caring about it, because that's probably what will happen in real life

the second is that it tries to make you think that sisqo was somehow able ot convince all these people that baseball is awesome and everyone rallies behind him like "yeah man, this sport should be around still its awesome" when everyone in reality knows baseball is boring as poo poo

anyways thats my post, thanks for reading and god bless your mess

edit: oh and also a fat asian guy from london is supposed to be a legendary baseball player LOL

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wow if i knew there was sports in star trek i might have watched it

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

hey what do you look like? what does the person who knows about babylon 5 and has opinions on its characters looks like?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

JakeP posted:

wow if i knew there was sports in star trek i might have watched it

There are a lot of dumb made up sports in Star Trek, you should check it out.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

Hector Beerlioz posted:

That's a great one, but it can't stand on it's own without prior knowledge.

It has Dax in one of those ladies' TOS uniforms, thats all the prior knowledge you need.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Had the wrong Dax in it, imo.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Yeah baby gimmie a little twirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Season 7, episode 4.

It is entertaining (imo) and doesn't take itself too seriously.

it's like the DS9 version of the whale probe movie

...also a great movie that anyone can enjoy regardless of what they think about star trek

• Locked thread