Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The baseball episode of DS9 is the greatest piece of Star Trek media ever made. I dare anyone to find a better episode or film.

Trek chat itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

I likd it when Wulf wanted to murder the pointy ear mans.

0xAYN
Nov 22, 2010

idk lol

I agree about the based balls

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
"niners" sorta looks like a racial slur.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

dreezy posted:

"niners" sorta looks like a racial slur.

Racism is alive and well in the star trek universe

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

if i were odo i would drop racial slurs constantly while morphing into crude caricatures

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Tectonis posted:

if i were odo i would drop racial slurs constantly while morphing into crude caricatures

lol

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

I likd it when Wulf wanted to murder the pointy ear mans.

Death to the opposition.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Racism is alive and well in the star trek universe

It's probably just a coincidence that Sisko only ends up with black women or that Jake happens to date a black Bajoran.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What is the S#E# of this one? And why is it good?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

werent there a bunch of baseball episodes

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Waltzing Along posted:

What is the S#E# of this one? And why is it good?

Season 7, episode 4.

It is entertaining (imo) and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

werent there a bunch of baseball episodes

Baseball comes up a lot but there's only one episode that revolves around an actual game played on the station.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

The Sphinxster posted:

Baseball comes up a lot but there's only one episode that revolves around an actual game played on the station.

And it's the best episode ever.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

7 of 9 is why we have obama

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Uncle Wemus posted:

7 of 9 is why we have obama

Yeah, that's actually true.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

And it's the best episode ever.

while i respect your opinion i'm afraid you're forgetting trials and tribble-ations

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Tectonis posted:

while i respect your opinion i'm afraid you're forgetting trials and tribble-ations

That's a great one, but it can't stand on it's own without prior knowledge.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Worf sportin' dem Oak-Town colors

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

accidentally breaking a window with your baseball is bad normally. but imagine how bad it would be in space!

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
the best episode is the one where morn speaks

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Yeah I've probably watched this one or In The Pale Moonlight the most times. Definitely good for introducing people to the Star Treks.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

alright im gonna do a slashfic dream team

p: obrien after tommy johns surgery (lost for hundreds of years...)
c: data's kid lal
1B: whoever got the top score in that orgasm disc game
2B: i dont know. captain pike.
3B: morn
SS: picard (we must draw the line here lol)
LF: geordi laforge for some sweet rolls and dives
CF: lon suder for some darth vader poo poo
RF: whoever is the most Dominican person in starfleet

and of course neelix will coach as chief morale carpet

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

FuhrerHat posted:

i dont know anything about baseball so i first assumed those abbreviations were a slashfic thing. unless they are??

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

its the hole im imagining using on each

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

dreezy posted:

i dont know anything about baseball so i first assumed those abbreviations were a slashfic thing. unless they are??

well i guess p and c are

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
was the 20th century the pinnacle of human achievement cause they spent a lot of time there/only consumed media from then

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
penis
cock
1 blowey
2 b-holes
3 backandforthforevers
sloppy seconds
light frenching
cum felching
rigorous loving

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

FuhrerHat posted:

I understood every reference and I'm ashamed/proud of myself.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Woof: "Find him and kill him!"

That was a p good episode.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

was the 20th century the pinnacle of human achievement cause they spent a lot of time there/only consumed media from then

an enlightened post-scarcity society means few have to overcome adversity, which makes for bad art

plus after the holodeck was invented I imagine most creative efforts went towards realizing increasingly elaborate/degenerate sexual fantasies- we just don't see them because everything takes place on military vessels and even in the future moralistic buzzkills interfere with a servicemember's right to have a good time

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LGD posted:

an enlightened post-scarcity society means few have to overcome adversity, which makes for bad art

plus after the holodeck was invented I imagine most creative efforts went towards realizing increasingly elaborate/degenerate sexual fantasies- we just don't see them because everything takes place on military vessels and even in the future moralistic buzzkills interfere with a servicemember's right to have a good time

Yeah but I mean they can like travel to any time or place or invent any scenario they want why the gently caress would you spend most of it sitting in a black and white jazz bar in chicago or playing kickball also in chicago. Is chicago like the holodeck starter set

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
The holodeck has three settings, which are wild west, 1920s Chicago, or Sherlock Holmes era London. Thats CANON.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah but I mean they can like travel to any time or place or invent any scenario they want why the gently caress would you spend most of it sitting in a black and white jazz bar in chicago or playing kickball also in chicago. Is chicago like the holodeck starter set

yeah maybe

or maybe it's just a cultural fad of the time period Star Trek takes place in- basically their version of the neoclassicism that was so popular from the early 18th through the middle of the 20th century

I mean in the Star Trek timeline it basically goes 20th century->garbage dark age time-> drunk hick discovers FTL travel->utopia and there is a ton of 20th century media available so it's probably the last "pre-modern" period full of vice for them

they probably get a dirty little quasi-sexual thrill everytime they contemplate buying things with money or being able to smoke/drink

edit: also all the good holodeck programs were probably written before money was abolished, so it was people working with public domain properties

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

LGD posted:

yeah maybe

or maybe it's just a cultural fad of the time period Star Trek takes place in- basically their version of the neoclassicism that was so popular from the early 18th through the middle of the 20th century

I mean in the Star Trek timeline it basically goes 20th century->garbage dark age time-> drunk hick discovers FTL travel->utopia and there is a ton of 20th century media available so it's probably the last "pre-modern" period full of vice for them

they probably get a dirty little quasi-sexual thrill everytime they contemplate buying things with money or being able to smoke/drink

edit: also all the good holodeck programs were probably written before money was abolished, so it was people working with public domain properties

I wonder what they have against the later half of the 20th century.

"Hah! The Beatles! Amateurs compared to the jazz stylings of Louis Armstrong"
*Blows into trumpet*

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

O'Brien is wasted on his scotch gum and isn't really sure what's going on. Good episode.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Is this still the BABCOM 5 thread?

I just finished episode 1 of season 2. I had forgotten about the Minbari's utter contempt for human life and their extreme rear end pain over Sheridan becoming the new commander of Babylon 5. Their insane double-standard regarding the events of the Earth/Minbari war is just precious.

Minbari slaughter millions of helpless Earthers in a lop-sided conflict: "Those were dark times. Perhaps, one day, our two races can learn to let go of the past and find peace out here, amongst the stars." :effort:

A handful of Minbari ships get blown up in a battle: "SHERIDAN THE STAR-KILLER!" :reddit:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
the whole reason for the earth minbari war is the best

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
there is too little benny russell in that episode for it to be the greatest

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

the whole reason for the earth minbari war is the best

Gul Dukhat: "This is a first contact situation, so we must be very careful about how we proceed. We do not want to frighten the humans."

Gul Dukhat: "Open the gun ports."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
JAMBALAYA

• Locked thread