Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Tonight I made two baller things. The first is the best oven baked wings I've ever had and they're super easy. Only difference to the recipe is that I smoked them instead of baked for the first portion at 250 http://www.recipetineats.com/crispy-oven-baked-chicken-wings-honey-garlic-sauce/

The second was smoked jalapeņo poppers done one-eyed style. I used this recipe but without the pineapple and added smoked Gouda to the mix http://amazingribs.com/recipes/snacks_and_munchies/jalapeno_poppers.html

Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Wheez's fried chicken was incredibly well-received. :gbsmith:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
In the last 6 hours I've eaten about a solid 2 pounds of meat, it feels like I'm about to give birth to a cinder block, and I regret absolutely nothing.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Carlosologist posted:

The goon taco dip was a hit at my party

Went over incredibly well with my people too.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Thaddius the Large posted:

In the last 6 hours I've eaten about a solid 2 pounds of meat, it feels like I'm about to give birth to a cinder block, and I regret absolutely nothing.

We need goon laxative recipes in this thread now.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Carlosologist posted:

The goon taco dip was a hit at my party

:justpost: Or I guess :justlink: in this case.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

CannonFodder posted:

And I've already had a bowl of that dip and 10 wings. There was a crowd of Panthers fans at the growler station at Lowes Foods, and Lowes renamed their checkout aisles after Cam/Luke/Norman/Olsen

I love Lowes Foods. I go there every time i'm in Charlotte now. Do they all have sausage stations, or is that only a few of them?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Hope y'all had fun this year, and with any luck this thread gave you good ideas for your SB parties.

I'll leave this thingo open for a while if you wanna discuss mistakes/protips/whatever.

I know it was a poo poo year for many reasons, but here's to football.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Well, my mistake/protip: Don't use Budweiser for beer bread, and make sure you use an actual loaf pan, not a cake tin, or it won't rise right, and it turns into a giant spongy, malty cookie.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I find miller high life/coors works okay with those because they're generally over-conditioned and have much more carbonation than your average can of warm piss

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008

old dog child posted:

Add mustard powder (ground from seeds if possible), cayenne, salt, pepper, some vinegar (apple cider is preferred), onion powder, garlic powder, a little tomato paste, a couple dashes of Worcestershire, and smoked paprika (optional) to actually make it resemble bbq sauce.

e: nothing wrong with your sauce (I bet it's delicious) but it's definitely not a BBQ sauce

Most of these flavors are in the sauce that is reduced? Half a bulb of garlic, onions, vinegar from the pickle brine, worcestershire straight up, brown sugar, salt, pepper, etc? And yeah, I would smoke, but I live in a city apartment with no yard. Make do with what you can.

It was delicious and goons are too picky. :unsmith:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Suspect Bucket posted:

I love Lowes Foods. I go there every time i'm in Charlotte now. Do they all have sausage stations, or is that only a few of them?

Lowes Foods is remodeling a lot of their stores, if they haven't been hit with the remodel fairy then they won't have the sausage station or the beer den. The new sausage flavors should be available everywhere though, those can come prepacked.

They are also adding cup holders to the carts so you can have a pint of beer while you shop. Hell yeah.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Chicken thighs were better/cheaper than wings but i think next year I'll try a whole chicken using Wheez's method.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Smarms posted:

Most of these flavors are in the sauce that is reduced? Half a bulb of garlic, onions, vinegar from the pickle brine, worcestershire straight up, brown sugar, salt, pepper, etc? And yeah, I would smoke, but I live in a city apartment with no yard. Make do with what you can.

I don't want to start a BBQ flame war but the tomato paste is definitely needed

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I made the beer bread and it was really loving good. I used a bottle of some craft brewed nutty brown ale and i think it made a big difference.

Thanks for the thread

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 8, 2016

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
Pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw and dealer's choice on dressing (Vinegar based or... bbq sauce)
Chicken Parm Sandwiches
Chili
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

And that's just the beginning. Solid spread. Thanks ya'll.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Wheez's fried chicken was incredibly well-received. :gbsmith:

I had a similar experience with my wheez's fried chicken. Will be making it for future Super Bowls for sure.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Smarms posted:

Oh oops I probably forgot what I read in your post by the time I finished typing my reply! Which is weird because I remember specifically not adding sweets to the list because you mentioned brown sugar

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

C-Euro posted:

:justpost: Or I guess :justlink: in this case.

This was from the GWS wiki, I followed the recipe exactly except I subbed sour cream for the cottage cheese and used a homemade seasoning for the beef. Came out amazing, there was a ton left over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hihEhsdwiIk

• Locked thread