Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I saw a commercial for overpriced lovely looking sandwiches from DQ because apparently they need to add lovely food to their resume. The fine print at the bottom said sandwiches not available in Texas. what the gently caress? I could understand Hawaii or Alaska because of them having to be transported or some poo poo but why would they not be available in Texas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I saw a commercial for overpriced lovely looking sandwiches from DQ because apparently they need to add lovely food to their resume. The fine print at the bottom said sandwiches not available in Texas. what the gently caress? I could understand Hawaii or Alaska because of them having to be transported or some poo poo but why would they not be available in Texas?

only the finest taint meat is allowed on proud texan soil. :clint:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

the sandwiches are actually already there but texas is too big so no one can find them

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Parallax Scroll posted:

the sandwiches are actually already there but texas is too big so no one can find them

Takes like two days to drive through Texas. Who's got time to stop for DQ? Plus there's no cell service west of SanAntone.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Dairy Queen in Texas has an entirely different menu (and is a lot better than what I've started to encounter since I moved away)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dairy_Queen#Texas_Country_Foods

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i havent been to a dairy queen since they stopped selling nerds blizzards

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Chinatown posted:

i havent been to a dairy queen since they stopped selling nerds blizzards

Just leave your loving anime pillow waifu thing in the car and order a blizzard then

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

She'll wait for you

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Dairy Queen in Texas is all franchises and is nominally separate from the larger DQ Parent company. The menu is different too

They used to run ads that said something like "DQ's the best part about Texas" and having been to Dallas I didn't see much competing for the title

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Cause gently caress Texas.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

walgreenslatino posted:

Dairy Queen in Texas is all franchises and is nominally separate from the larger DQ Parent company. The menu is different too

They used to run ads that said something like "DQ's the best part about Texas" and having been to Dallas I didn't see much competing for the title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXa_hMabl1Q

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
the DQ sandwiches contradict texas abstinence only education policy

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Who the hell gets sandwiches at DQ? That's not Texas.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
I don't even know where a Dairy Queen is, I know there are some when you are driving between Dallas/Austin/Houston where poor sad people live.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

CaptainYesterday posted:

Who the hell gets sandwiches at DQ? That's not Texas.

Give me steak fingers or give me death

Three Olives posted:

I don't even know where a Dairy Queen is, I know there are some when you are driving between Dallas/Austin/Houston where poor sad people live.

It's got a big small town presence, in a lot of places it's the only place to eat in town.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Three Olives posted:

You are the Dairy Queen, you cannot notice other Dairy queens because your Dairy Queen radiance drowns out other Dairy Queens

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Frackie Robinson posted:

It's got a big small town presence, in a lot of places it's the only place to eat in town.

Right, sad poor people. There was a local news story about how a fire truck ran into a small town DQ and destroyed it and they were talking to people worried that it would never reopen because it was the only place in town to eat. Bleak.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Frankenstyle posted:

Cause gently caress Texas.

Actually this answers my question. Thank you.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Three Olives posted:

Right, sad poor people. There was a local news story about how a fire truck ran into a small town DQ and destroyed it and they were talking to people worried that it would never reopen because it was the only place in town to eat. Bleak.

It's a lot better than McDonalds, Burger King, whatever, just a notch below Whataburger. It's kind of pricey though.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpfdejj1m7c

yes I will shamelessly shill for this corporate powder-with-milk poo poo they sell

their new sandwiches suck rear end; like microwaved bread with poo poo

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Three Olives posted:

You wear ugly shoes from Walmart

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

what the gently caress even goes on a dragon quest sandwich

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Don Quixote

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Since Texas shut down all those abortion clinics they ran out of their source for sandwich meat.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I drove through all of Texas on I-10 once, so like the longest loving way. There were a LOT of Dairy Queens. I stopped at a few to use the bathroom and get a slurpee equivalent. I swear to god, the door to at least one of them said something like "The Original Meetin' and Eatin' Place of Texas," and in one I saw some guys in embroidered polo shirts who seemed to be having a genuine work-related lunch there. One advertised a chicken-fried steak sandwich, which made me very curious, but I didn't want to have to keep stopping to poo poo at all future Dairy Queens along the way.

Dairy Queen was one of the very few year-round places to eat in Custer, SD, when I was there. I also forgot to take a lactaid tablet when we went there, but I was fine. I don't think there's much dairy involved.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

you were warned posted:

Dairy Queen was one of the very few year-round places to eat in Custer, SD, when I was there. I also forgot to take a lactaid tablet when we went there, but I was fine. I don't think there's much dairy involved.

I am lactose intolerant and the last time I went to Dairy Queen and got ice cream I ended up on the toilet for literally hours.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Three Olives posted:

You're so stuffy and sheltered it's actually boring

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
because god hates texas, op

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

HoboZero posted:

Just leave your loving anime pillow waifu thing in the car and order a blizzard then

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
apparently there's a Texas Dairy Queen Operators' Council and I want on it

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
They have a chicken fried steak sandwich called a "Dude."

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i got real food at dairy queen once. they charged me an extra buck to put lettuce+tomato on my burger.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I am Toni Lippi posted:

They have a chicken fried steak sandwich called a "Dude."

It's okay but I'm never sure what condiments to put on it

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Three Olives posted:

There's some on the edges of Dallas, down Red Oak way. Inside the city its mostly Braums which isn't bad for eating reheated meat product patties. Ice cream is good though.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i thought dq was called dw in the states?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I live in Texas and get the jalitos at DQ.

Does anyone else's DQ have jalitos?

Edit: For reference

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
They're fried jalapenos and they're loving delicious, they appeared on the blog American Fatass, and you can shut your whore mouth if you don't like them.

They might make you want to take a really bad, greasy poo poo afterwards though.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
Thats a funny story last time I was in Dallas this dude came up to me after a show and he's like come check this out so I go and he pulls down his pants and hes a got a tattoo on his right cheek of me pointing to his b-hole and covering my mouth like I'm scandalized I didn't want to say anything in my A/T Thread but I buried that poo poo to the hilt but seeing my own shocked face kind of disturbed me so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

rabble rabble posted:

apparently there's a Texas Dairy Queen Operators' Council and I want on it

in texas politics a seat on the texas dairy queen operator's council is one step below ag commissioner as the traditional springboard to governor

you gotta be very well-connected to even get an invite

• Locked thread