Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
As I shoot past the middle of my 30s and become ever more haggard, jaded and aware of the shittyness of people my optimism about the future starts to droop like my once hard and potent erections now droop.

The future used to be where better things lay in wait, now all I see is more disappointment and despair.

Even if I hit the gym religiously, in 10 years I will be weaker than I am now, my dog recently turned 6 in human years, in another 4 to 8 years I will no longer have a dog.

My country is going to poo poo so fast it will make your head spin and even in America, land of opportunity, home of the brave, the countless masses of idiots will vote trump.

Meanwhile, global warming is making the planet uninhabitable and we still have not figured out FTL to get us off this rock and above us looms the gaping maw of cold dead space to remind us of our utter insignificance as a species.

I guess my question really is, do you guys think the Zack Snyder take on the DC universe has legs and can it compete with the cinematic marvel universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
global warming isnt real, OP

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Lunixnerd posted:

My country is going to poo poo

Saying this is retarded. It's always been poo poo, it's our job to improve it.

e: i.e. the opposite of what zack shnyder does to the superman franchise

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
no, i very much think there is something big and historical coming up. this world needs a major adjustment, and it's coming up very soon. i know too much history to believe that any large change isn't going to be massively bloody and result in countless deaths (whatever form that change takes).

so i am apprehensive about the immediate future

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I pray for death

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

no, i very much think there is something big and historical coming up. this world needs a major adjustment, and it's coming up very soon. i know too much history to believe that any large change isn't going to be massively bloody and result in countless deaths (whatever form that change takes).

so i am apprehensive about the immediate future

agreed. prepare for nuclear annihilation

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Just saw the new star wars Rogue one movie trailer. The future looks awesome!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hahaha, nice one OP

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Edgar posted:

Just saw the new star wars Rogue one movie trailer. The future looks awesome!

I did not particularly care for the new star wars with darth bignose-jewfro and spherical r2d2

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

liquor: check
gun w/ bullets: check

i'm not optimistic, but i am prepared.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I'm optimistic about becoming the real life Lord Humongous, the ayatollah of rock and rolla.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It depends on if I can finally master Astral Projection to escape to another planet, OP.

Gonna become a space ghost and possess an alien body like some kind of reverse K-Pax if all goes well.

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
If I was a millionaire yea.

I'm a peasant being held down by other peasants that vote against their best interests so no.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

I'm a peasant being held down by other peasants that vote against their best interests so no.

i hate libtards too!

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

Its becoming more and more apparent to me that democracy is a fundamentally broken and unworkable system of government, I don't think there is any form of government run by people that does not turn into a dumpster fire due to greed and corruption.

vote artificial intelligence 2020

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Lunixnerd posted:

Its becoming more and more apparent to me that democracy is a fundamentally broken and unworkable system of government, I don't think there is any form of government run by people that does not turn into a dumpster fire due to greed and corruption.

Please, tell us more about your political ideology.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Lunixnerd posted:

So basically a sufficiently benevolent tyrant is the best form of government.
Having seen the positive effect Lord Vetinari has had on Ankh Morpork, I'm inclined to agree.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

yeaH!

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

yeah dude its all uphill from here
or downhill im not sure how this metaphor works

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The good news op is that interstellar human habitation is science fiction and will never be possible in the same way living on Earth is, so you can take solace in the fact that we will all die together

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
in the future i will die a horrible death and no one will know i existed once my children die so yeah there is hope

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
the singularity is near

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

So basically a sufficiently benevolent tyrant is the best form of government.
Having seen the positive effect Lord Vetinari has had on Ankh Morpork, I'm inclined to agree.

the philosopher king

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I have enough money to go on vacation more/less anywhere in the world, buy any booze, and get helicopter lessons. Plus my dick is the bomb.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I dunno I kinda hope the next US election doesn't happen and everything collapses because I'm tired of going to work

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Varg posted:

I dunno I kinda hope the next US election doesn't happen and everything collapses because I'm tired of going to work

you will find that clawing for survival in a hellish deathscape is quite fulfilling

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

you won't be bored i can say that for sure

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
New predator movie coming out in a year or two so I am loving stoked for the future broheim!!!

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Wq6GdkzWE

You stepped in it.

EvilBlackRailgun fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 7, 2016

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
At least thrills and chills will happen naturally, the endorphin rush is all we seek anyway, and once you get slashed deep enough that dopimine kicks in and it's all sweetness till the final curtain. So that's something to look forward to

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
hahaha i still consider suicide sometimes

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I'm optimistic about the fact that all the lovely people I know in real life (IRL) will be dead someday.

I will also be dead someday, and this gives me comfort.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Are there still large breasted Pawgs for me to look at?

Future still looks good then.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

VendaGoat posted:

Are there still large breasted Pawgs for me to look at?

Future still looks good then.

in the future, roving nanite swarms will constantly be searching for instances of the male gaze and implement summary executions for it

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

In my opinion, the DCU doesn't hold a candle to the MCU.

I fear the future.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

in the future, roving nanite swarms will constantly be searching for instances of the male gaze and implement summary executions for it

So, like, I'll take a gander at a wonder rack and just drop dead?

Well, I won't give a gently caress about the future after that happens, now will I? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Hatebag posted:

I have enough money to go on vacation more/less anywhere in the world, buy any booze, and get helicopter lessons. Plus my dick is the bomb.

You should be extra careful where you point that thing, you wouldn't want it to go off by accident and hurt somebody.

• Locked thread