Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

beedeebee posted:

That's ok. I drive a Volvo, so even if I crash spectacularly, I'll probably just get out, dust my shoulders off and carry on with my day:shobon:

"...impose an absolute liability fine of up to $50,000 against vehicle operators in wheel separation incidences."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

JiveHonky posted:

Works for me because his posts stink like poo poo

:yeah:

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord

Revenants Return posted:

fair and balanced

Filled with gas, ready to burst

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I'm getting tired

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
buying tires is the worst

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Smash it Smash hit posted:

buying tires is the worst

Just buy one at a time

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

beedeebee posted:

Just buy one at a time

well i only own an unicycle.....

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
My car is in the shop goons. For the front end. Will update when I know more. Stay strong tire goons, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Revenants Return posted:

My car is in the shop goons. For the front end. Will update when I know more. Stay strong tire goons, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

at what point do you bite the bullet and get a new car?

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Smash it Smash hit posted:

at what point do you bite the bullet and get a new car?

I'm 69 and got my first car when I was 16. I've had two cars in my life and my current SUV has over 160k miles so never OP. Tire goons.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel you OP I need a new rear tire on my bike. Gotta decide if I want skinwalls or not.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Revenants Return posted:

I'm 69 and got my first car when I was 16. I've had two cars in my life and my current SUV has over 160k miles so never OP. Tire goons.

just because you sink more money than it would cost to get a few functional cars doesnt make the fact that you've had only two cars a huge bragging point OP

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I really need to change my oil

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Thinking of buying crushlock wheels for my utv.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Well tire goons, it was freaking u joints like I suspected. Looks like I'll be back on the road shortly. My man is waiting on the parts and summer 16 will be rolling on plush smooth rubber.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

stay safe tire ghost

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

various cheeses posted:

stay safe tire ghost

Ya

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
The 7 page tire goon thread

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Revenants Return posted:

i wonder wh--

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

This thread was worth it just for the guy who got mad at me for paying too much for tires. Hell, even if those expensive tires were worthless they would've been worth buying just for how hilariously incensed they got him. Voted 5.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Revenants Return posted:

because you keep bumping it yourself you petunia dicked midget

Enemy Ace
Mar 14, 2006
"We stain the sky. We fight a war in heaven."
I don't have a car at the moment, but I remember that my old car had tires.

Most of the time, the tires were round, which I believe was to be preferred, and at one time, one of the tires wasn't round at all (not preferable).

That's my tired story.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's like the ending of doom house except fragmaster gets crushed by a tire instead of a board and says 'im so bored' except he would say 'im so tired'

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Always make sure you have at least three tyres on your car at all times.
#LIFEHACK

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Enemy Ace posted:

I don't have a car at the moment, but I remember that my old car had tires.

Most of the time, the tires were round, which I believe was to be preferred, and at one time, one of the tires wasn't round at all (not preferable).

That's my tired story.

Thank you for these fond memories, fellow tire goon.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

bradzilla posted:

i wonder wh--

Thank you to all the contributors

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
the car i bought the tires for just passed its safety, ill be driving it as soon as I finish my classical car insurance application. hell ya $260 a year

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

How are those tires holding up op?

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

various cheeses posted:

How are those tires holding up op?

Holding up beautifully OP. Now the that u joint is fixed there is no shaking. Those beauties grip the road for dear life. Incredible.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Last time i got new tired a month later i ran over a nail in the side of the tire where it cant be patched. Shouldve bought that road hazard warranty gently caress me

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm getting my oil changed tomorrow, but no tire rotation, it's only been 2,700 miles. :) Only getting the oil changed because it's been like 9 months.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mozi posted:

it's like the ending of doom house except fragmaster gets crushed by a tire instead of a board and says 'im so bored' except he would say 'im so tired'

hmm it all works

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Tire goon check in. Is Chinatown still suicidal about the tires he got ripped off for? My cooper tires still have enough grip to climb a mountain.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
did you really bump this from 4 pages back? you are the worst dog. bad bad dog

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Revenants Return posted:

Tire goon check in. Is Chinatown still suicidal about the tires he got ripped off for? My cooper tires still have enough grip to climb a mountain.

Get your tires retorqued!

I got to use my new tires on my new supra. Left a few burnouts, tires work fine.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I have mismatched brands... Different in the front than the back and it feels wrong and bad

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Getting tires today.

Probably going with a used set because I am not a scrub.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Getting tires today.

Probably going with a used set because I am not a scrub.

RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yes buying used tires is something a scrub would NOT do

• Locked thread