Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

wayne curr posted:

So where's all the picky eaters who can only eat fresh vegetables and wholemeal rye bread and can only drink water?

as an incredibly picky person I can actually only eat the lowest tier of food made entirely from processed scraps of read food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

wayne curr posted:

So where's all the picky eaters who can only eat fresh vegetables and wholemeal rye bread and can only drink water?

Theyre called vegans

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Mange Mite posted:

Theyre called vegans

In my experience all vegans love bacon.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Jmcrofts posted:

In my experience all vegans love bacon.

Vegans will tell you that they absolutely love bacon and then casually mention that it's tofu bacon or whatever like it's an afterthought, like people don't think bacon = meat or something.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol vegans don't eat glutamates what a bunch of suckers.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Actually, Jenna, it is very shameful.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

dog buttz posted:

Vegans will tell you that they absolutely love bacon and then casually mention that it's tofu bacon or whatever like it's an afterthought, like people don't think bacon = meat or something.

must be nice being a moron

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
haha kidding I know it is!!'

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
Is there a cure for having a stupid dumb baby palate?

I, despite many attempts, don't like most cooked vegetables and most fruits, cooked or not. I want to enjoy things like pies and vegetable dishes that I know drat good and well are delicious, and I'm tired of whole dishes being "ruined" simply because of the presence of a particular ingredient. Looking at you tomatoes.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
yeah don't be a dumb rear end!! hahaha kidding just keep eating stuff you don't like also find different ways to cook it also different sources for better quality I guess

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

get drunk first everything will taste better

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

smoke weed first :420:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

fyodor posted:

smoke weed first :420:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

WTF BEES posted:

Is there a cure for having a stupid dumb baby palate?

I, despite many attempts, don't like most cooked vegetables and most fruits, cooked or not. I want to enjoy things like pies and vegetable dishes that I know drat good and well are delicious, and I'm tired of whole dishes being "ruined" simply because of the presence of a particular ingredient. Looking at you tomatoes.
Many attempts with the same food? I was kind of a picky eater up through highschool, there were some fruits and veg I liked but I had a pretty big problem with two of the really popular ones (onion and tomato) that were in/on pretty much everything. When I wanted to stop being that guy that single handendly made communal food inconvenient for everyone else I just focused on repeatedly eating the thing I didn't really want to eat, buy a bunch of tomato and make a bunch of stuff with tomato that week, etc. I found that usually by the 3rd dish in a shortish timespan I had gotten used to the taste/texture of the new thing and would actively start liking it. It wasn't that long before I became the kind of person who could eat practically anything.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i really don't like squash in general but if it's polite to eat it i will cram it down instead of asking for chicken wings

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

rabble rabble posted:

there's literally nothing I wont eat, and think cilantro just tastes like poo poo. i'm not going to stop eating my taco, i'm just going to wonder aloud why the gently caress you need to add this lovely chopped clover bullshit on god drat everything

Same, I hate cilantro, but I'll still eat it if it's on my plate.

Unless there is a good chance the food could kill you, you should eat it, imho.

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"

:mmmhmm:

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
I'm not a very picky eater, but I cannot stand anything that has a "powdery" texture. Like the insides of peas and beans. Beans are the loving worst, plus they look like deer droppings.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Beans should be creamy, if they're powdery you cooked them wrong. Try again!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This loving guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVPxxLJ4qeU

I hate that loving guy.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
bout to tuck into a jar of zucchini pickles here and i might follow them up with a fork full of capers straight out of the jar

i wont eat cephalopods (because they're smart and funny) and i wont eat anything thats alive and wriggly like casu marzu or w/e. anything else on the planet i will try once

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Try this dick.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

bout to tuck into a jar of zucchini pickles here and i might follow them up with a fork full of capers straight out of the jar

I always thought there's no such thing as too many capers but then I ate too many capers.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

This loving guy:

I hate that loving guy.

i did not watch the video, but same.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can I get a big shout out to all the picky drinkers out there as well? gently caress you if you don't want to drink beer, we're doing rounds so drink beer or drink water you piece of poo poo

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Can I get a big shout out to all the picky drinkers out there as well? gently caress you if you don't want to drink beer, we're doing rounds so drink beer or drink water you piece of poo poo

This is even worse because they're behaving like babies while insisting on the privileges of adulthood

e; I KNOW HOW TO SPELL GODDAMMIT

KomodoWagon fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jun 15, 2016

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

This loving guy:

I hate that loving guy.

What does one do to be so un-masculine and yet retain the semblance of a prepubescent grown man

Are there pills you take, or some sort of morning kata? Uh, asking for a friend.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Mozi posted:

i really don't like squash in general but if it's polite to eat it i will cram it down instead of asking for chicken wings

Don't give in to Big Squash, stay strong brother!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

What does one do to be so un-masculine and yet retain the semblance of a prepubescent grown man

Are there pills you take, or some sort of morning kata? Uh, asking for a friend.

Obvious answer: never drink tea.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

bongwizzard posted:

I try to temper my opinions and be respectful of the dumb things people believe and do but this exact feeling creeps up on me a lot. We have huge food parties all the time and I generally try to be clear what I am going to be making and let folks sort it out for themselves.

I am starting to hate squash though, everyone grows it and last summer like half the people at each potluck brought some kinda squash thing, like, I understand it's easy to grow but it is such a scrub tier vegetable.

squash is pretty gross and bad but squash soup is pretty dope. still not a big fan of blended soups but for how lovely most other squash stuff is its p bomb

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ElGroucho posted:

wear more wal-mart plaid button ups casually unbuttoned with a graphic tee underneath

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Jonny 290 posted:

i wont eat cephalopods (because they're smart and funny)

they are delicious and also so are pigs

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

things i can't eat:

- pearl barley porridge
- deep fried whole baby birds' heads, crunchy as they supposedly are

i'm a plucky eater otherwise

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty much the only thing I think I could never eat is Balut (don't google it if you don't know what it is).

Organ meat (other than liver and kidney) grosses me out but I'd probably try it if offered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pound_Coin posted:

Blame TLC

Pretty sure having the poo poo beaten out of them as kids would have fixed most of these fuckups

yeah who wouldnt beat up the kid that ate candy all day instead of vegetables

• Locked thread