Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
deseret will rise again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

make america wet again

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
san diego has a lot of army guys. they will pwn all the norcal pussy lieberals with their epic krav maga moves and cool tanks + planes etc

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

make america wet again

*slicks back hair, smiles* Hey, I'm doing my part

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

san diego has a lot of army guys. they will pwn all the norcal pussy lieberals with their epic krav maga moves and cool tanks + planes etc

we're gonna march in and slap the fair-trade granola outta oregon and washington's hands and take their water and there's nothin they'll be able to do b/c they're too stoned to even get off the couch

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_qG4JNzP_k&t=108s

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

today i was helping a coworker with some apps on her computer and she had windows 10 (which ms practically tricked her into upgrading to, she didn't want it).

she had her task bar on the right hand side of the screen, and if she had more than 6 applications open at a time, she would get a scroll bar in her task bar. :shepicide:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

non technical woman

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Condiv posted:

she had her task bar on the right hand side of the screen,

hosed up

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
at least windows 10 finally lets you put your taskbar up top

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

why does the windows button stop working in windows 10. ive never seen that in another windows version. i hit ctrl-alt-delete and it recommended that i hard reset my pc

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Jenny Agutter posted:

why does the windows button stop working in windows 10. ive never seen that in another windows version. i hit ctrl-alt-delete and it recommended that i hard reset my pc

because home users of windows 10 are now beta testers for the long-term-support business windows, microsoft can just push broken updates that you cant opt out of or uninstall and then fix them when a sufficient number of people complain, because gently caress you what are you going to do about it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

personally im gonna stay on win7 until the mac version of a game i play doesn't suck.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

at least windows 10 finally lets you put your taskbar up top

our windows 95 pc we got when i was 8 had the taskbar up top and it took me years to realize that we were the ones doing it wrong

os x still doesn't let you put the dock up top. now THAT'S hosed up

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Lysidas posted:

because home users of windows 10 are now beta testers for the long-term-support business windows, microsoft can just push broken updates that you cant opt out of or uninstall and then fix them when a sufficient number of people complain, because gently caress you what are you going to do about it

finally the year of linux on the desktop is upon us

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Mr. Nice! posted:

personally im gonna stay on win7 until the mac version of a game i play doesn't suck.

my little brothers had a System 10.6 partition for year and years to be able to play Rise of Nations

I think they finally gave up and play it on Windows now :woz:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
lol how little are your brothers

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

BONGHITZ posted:

does e lon musk even have sex?

he had sex with his car and came in it

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Korean Boomhauer posted:

he had sex with his car and came in it

Elon personally has sex with each and every car he sells. Gives the car a good Elon musk.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Peanut and the Gang posted:

Elon personally has sex with each and every car he sells. Gives the car a good Elon musk.

:cripes:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Peanut and the Gang posted:

loving Hell

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

after a couple weeks of use i recommend home users do not upgrade to windows 10 because the mouse cursor disappears after monitors come back from sleeping and the start menu stops working at random. both these issues have happened on two different computers. this OS is a POS

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

the inside of that tesla looks like some kind of gamer product

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Infinotize posted:

the inside of that tesla looks like some kind of gamer product

in that it looks like the inside of a background car in Need For Speed, yes

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Jenny Agutter posted:

after a couple weeks of use i recommend home users do not upgrade to windows 10 because the mouse cursor disappears after monitors come back from sleeping and the start menu stops working at random. both these issues have happened on two different computers. this OS is a POS

i had the start menu thing happen on a laptop. here's some irritating bullshit that might fix it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

DaTroof posted:

i had the start menu thing happen on a laptop. here's some irritating bullshit that might fix it

There's actually only one correct fix for this and it's called http://www.classicshell.net
Or buying a mac

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol the start menu is an app now

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

at one point the windows 10 taskbar crashed every time i adjusted volume with my keyboard volume knob. not just once, it crashed and restarted with every click

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

start menu works fine for me

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Just switch to Linux

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Linux has dota 2 and CSGO, what more do you want

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

to hear them

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
2017, the year of sound drivers on the linux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004