Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Roylicious posted:

Pretty sure indo is better than outdo.

eh, it has its advantages. indo is easier to get consistent quality, but a properly maintained outdoor grow in the right climate will blow it out of the water anyday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Indo is def a huge pain in the rear end and you can grow awesome outdoor weed but I dunno how a plant grown in 100% controlled conditions is ever going to get beat by an outdoor grown plant all things being equal (same strain, same guy growing, etc.). Properly maintained in the right climate but you can't control the weather :shrug:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
My landlord used to do hydroponics and I would be doing indo if I were less lazy and wanted to set up his old gear. Plus the climate in North County San Diego is pretty decent

But it's in the garage with a bunch of dust and junk that I don't want to deal with, and this way I can look out my window at my lovely garden, weed included, when I'm washing dishes.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Yeah I'm not trying to be some rear end in a top hat who is like 'indo or NOTHING' I'm just saying that hydroponics can get us some ridiculously frosty nugs that probably would otherwise be too hard to achieve outdoors.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Roylicious posted:

Uh did you forget to tare the scale because there's no way that nug is over a quad by itself.

No but i did forget to snap a pic 2 weeks ago when i bought it so its 1g less in weight due to evaporation.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
smoke weed and play witcher 3 everybody

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

amityville anus posted:

No but i did forget to snap a pic 2 weeks ago when i bought it so its 1g less in weight due to evaporation.

Bro there's no way that nug is a quad c'mon I have more weed than that in my eighth jar right now.

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus

Roylicious posted:

Bro there's no way that nug is a quad c'mon I have more weed than that in my eighth jar right now.

I have that exact scale and the lid weighs almost 32 grams.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

amityville anus posted:

One solid nugget

Approach with caution. Once you pass the nug's event horizon, there's no coming back.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Roylicious posted:

Yeah I'm not trying to be some rear end in a top hat who is like 'indo or NOTHING' I'm just saying that hydroponics can get us some ridiculously frosty nugs that probably would otherwise be too hard to achieve outdoors.

You can't control anything... not even your high.

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

If not depressed, then terrifically anxious. Smoking weed means I don't need to smoke cigarettes, so I consider it a health choice.

Are you like me? After I smoke weed I don't smoke tobacco at all. Because of how weed makes my throat and mouth feel, the idea of a cigarette or black and mild (lol) is just not appealing.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Un chien andalou posted:

eh, it has its advantages. indo is easier to get consistent quality, but a properly maintained outdoor grow in the right climate will blow it out of the water anyday

Look at this chump don't know how to use co2.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

weed is a wonderful thing and I have loved it for most of my life. i feel like at this point I should be some sort of high end weed snob with very specific strain preferences because as of like 5 years ago suddenly everyone I buy from has like a whole ~menu~ but imo if its nice green and sticky and gets me high thats good enough

i will admit i've developed a bad habit over the last year which is rolling a bit of tobacco into my joints "to help it burn better" (actually its to get all those nicotine receptors fired up again)

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

The Valuum posted:

Are you like me? After I smoke weed I don't smoke tobacco at all. Because of how weed makes my throat and mouth feel, the idea of a cigarette or black and mild (lol) is just not appealing.

Same. The cotton mouth makes sense as an explanation, but I think it's more the mind state. Alcohol dries out my throat as well but it doesn't stop me from smoking.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I can't really drink booze anymore, it's such a night and day difference for me. Weed I can smoke an dfeel great and be functional, but once I start drinking it's just a mess.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I can't really drink booze anymore, it's such a night and day difference for me. Weed I can smoke an dfeel great and be functional, but once I start drinking it's just a mess.

Oh... word?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

8-Bit Scholar posted:

You have to get back in the swing of it. It's really easy to be stoned all the time. Heavy drinking takes persistence.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a dog from hell posted:

You have to get back in the swing of it. It's really easy to be stoned all the time. Heavy drinking takes persistence.

I used to drink like a fish in college, but a combination of issues has really made it not worth the trouble. I'll have a glass of wine every now and then and that's it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

a dog from hell posted:

as you age the hangovers start getting worse and worse. even if you hyrdate properly. that doesn't happen with weed.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Roylicious posted:

Indo is def a huge pain in the rear end and you can grow awesome outdoor weed but I dunno how a plant grown in 100% controlled conditions is ever going to get beat by an outdoor grown plant all things being equal (same strain, same guy growing, etc.). Properly maintained in the right climate but you can't control the weather :shrug:

Greenhouses are the sweet spot if you ask me.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Considering getting baked this morning. Can't do a wake n bake since I've already been up like an hour. I don't have poo poo to do today but catch up on MGSV. What do you think gbs weedthread

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

it's the lord's day of rest, friends

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

bradzilla posted:

Considering getting baked this morning. Can't do a wake n bake since I've already been up like an hour. I don't have poo poo to do today but catch up on MGSV. What do you think gbs weedthread
I think you should do whatever the gently caress you want! It's a free country baby!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

a dog from hell posted:

I think you should do whatever the gently caress you want! It's a free country baby!

I'm doing it, I'm vaping the weed!!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
im gonna vape a big bowl of gorilla glue #4 rn and then go outside and see whats happening

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Mariana Horchata posted:

im gonna vape a big bowl of gorilla glue #4 rn and then go outside and see whats happening

Lemme get those digits, I need a marijuana sugar mama

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

a dog from hell posted:

Lemme get those digits, I need a marijuana sugar mama

i think my caregiver is maxed out on # of pt atm, sry

Weed makes you happy,
and happy weed comes from California

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
poo poo, another rejection. I need to smoke.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I've gotten high 4 or 5 times before and I don't know, i don't think it's for me. Like if I never got high again I'd be ok with that.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I've gotten high 4 or 5 times before and I don't know, i don't think it's for me. Like if I never got high again I'd be ok with that.

Like any drug, you have to stick with it until you are addicted.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

a dog from hell posted:

That's what i did with alcohol :)

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

a dog from hell posted:

nah i loved weed from the first time i got high. if you try it a bunch times and keep hating it its probably just not your thing, though you might want to check that you arent just doing it in a lovely environment every time

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Hector Beerlioz posted:

That's what i did with alcohol :)

Same.

Earwicker posted:

nah i loved weed from the first time i got high. if you try it a bunch times and keep hating it its probably just not your thing, though you might want to check that you arent just doing it in a lovely environment every time

When I first smoked weed I got a 30 kill streak in CoD. It was love at first sight.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
However I stand by my original point that drugs, including alcohol, become more appealing when used often. Then it fucks up your priorities and you're helpless. Lol!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Earwicker posted:

Last time I got high i wandered around the zoo all day with friends then went to a bar that had the Simpsons arcade game, those seem to be pretty weed happy activities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

a dog from hell posted:

However I stand by my original point that drugs, including alcohol, become more appealing when used often. Then it fucks up your priorities and you're helpless. Lol!

:aslol:

• Locked thread